“Another great stay in a favorite London hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The May Fair Hotel

You added The May Fair Hotel to your Saves list
The May Fair Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stratton Street, London W1J 8LT, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #245 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Another great stay in a favorite London hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

In a city with many wonderful hotels the May Fair is a stand-out. The location is perfect, being walking distance from theatres, museums, parks, and great restaurants, and good for business meetings too. Taxis are always available and the tube is just a few paces away. The staff are superb, the concierge desk and the doormen particularly so. I have stayed in rooms and suites at this hotel several times, most recently in a large suite, but even the regular rooms are a generous size (not always the case with five star hotels in London). My personal litmus test for good hotels is whether they can deliver perfect poached eggs in a room service breakfast; the May Fair always passes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your kind compliments about the Hotel and so pleased to hear you enjoyed your poached eggs!
We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Inderneel Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I spent one night in this hotel. The moment I stepped into the foyer I was looked after by the Front of House Manager, Botho Stein who provided a warm greeting and impeccable service. He was very quick in dealing with my booking and kindly took me up to my room and advised on what the hotel had to offer. The level of care and attention provided was 1st class and I just wish other hotels had Managers like Mr Stein.

The room was superb, high quality interiors provided a luxury feel - could not fault anything!

The location was fantastic, prime Mayfair close to Green Park, Hyde Park and Piccadilly.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in London expecting impecable service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind compliments about Botho, this is wonderful to hear!
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few times. I can not discount the fact that the location is great but so is the Holiday Inn next door. With the price you pay you get in my opinion very little. Rooms are OK, bed mattresses are old and deformed! The internet is unstable at best. All in all for that kind of money I would check around first.

Stayed July 2014
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Alex,
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the Hotel.
I was sorry to hear that your room did not meet with your expectations. We would really like to know which room you occupied so we can look into this further and I should be grateful if you would kindly contact my Deputy, Atanas Botev, so this can be looked into.
Thank you for your assistance and sending my best wishes to you.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very pleasant place to stay and a great location. All the staff were very helpful and the restaurant, The Mayfair Kitchen is excellent. Room was the lowest level but still very nice with some funky decor. I am not sure if I would stay here for a normal rate but for the discount that I got through Lastminute.com it was fabulous value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments about the May Fair Kitchen, this is really good to hear.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at the May Fair for two nights in April and had a great time. I was upgraded upon arrival which was already a perfect start. The beds are very comfortable and a very modern bathroom however the decor was not for me. I found a few of the colour schemes and details to almost border on cheap. (Red and gold velvet throw for example). The iPod speakers weren't up to date with the newer version either. Overall, I did enjoy my stay but I think some
of the smaller details could be updated.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your additional feedback which I will certainly follow up on.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for one night at the May Fair prior to a wedding in London in early July. Our initial contact was with the concierge/doorman who directed us to the sat-nav unfriendly NCP. Perhaps the valet parking is worthwhile...

Really, from the moment we first pulled up, the service was exceptional. We were greeted at each turn but never made to feel uncomfortable. Once checked-in, the room was very large for a standard room and well equipped with all the amenities one would expect.

We had a nice drink in the May Fair bar and then queried where to eat with the concierge. He was swift and decisive and, once we'd given him our preferences, he booked somewhere without giving us a choice! Impressed by this control, we went along to the Italian restaurant a short walk away - Babbo - and had an excellent meal! Kudos to the concierge.

Breakfast was in our room at the time we asked for and my full English was great! My wife's pain au chocolat was good too, whilst a little on the small side.

Upon checking out the following morning, we were treated very well and asked politely to return. At all times, I felt the staff were unintrusive but very chatty - a great skill.

Would thoroughly recommend The May Fair and would hope to return again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted to hear how impressed you were with the service at The May Fair.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very comfortable, huge bed, quiet room, fun decor - good facilities. Great value at GBP 244.

The hotel restaurant was good with charming service, the bar gets very busy, definitely worth reserving a table there.

Stylish lobby, foyer - great buzz.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel Singh

Been to The May Fair Hotel? Share your experiences!