“Professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Savoy

You added The Savoy to your Saves list
The Savoy
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, London WC2R 0EU, England (Trafalgar Square / Embankment)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Banbury
“Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a one night stay at The Savoy to celebrate my wife's special birthday. We were met at the door and were treated with great courtesy. The room and facilities were fantastic and we were treated to a surprise birthday treat on entry. There was no iron/ironing board or tea/coffee making facilities in the room which we thought was a little strange for a top class hotel. Notwithstanding these minor omissions the quality of the furnishings, bedding, toiletries, audio, T.V, mini bar was outstanding. We were made to feel very special during our stay with one notable exception. We were turned away from the American Bar at 11.40pm with the excuse that last orders had been served despite the fact that we were residents and had the day before checked by telephone that we could arrive from the theatre at 11.45 and still be served. As it was a special occasion we were most upset by this at the time as we could have celebrated elsewhere. When I complained the staff were at pains to rectify the problem and did so in a most courteous and professional way which actually turned a potentially negative experience into a highly positive one. I would like to thank the excellent Savoy staff for making our stay a memorable one.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your Savoy experience. I was pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy a celebratory stay and made the most of our iconic property. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the ironing boards. These are available on request, apologies if the team did not highlight this upon check-in. Whilst I was disappointing to hear of your experience at the American Bar, I am pleased to hear the team were able to resolve this issue and that you were able to have a memorable evening.

Kiaran MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tiburon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I enjoyed a lovely suite for a four day stop in London and loved this hotel. Breakfast with views of the Thames is excellent; the public areas and bar area great (and you might spot a movie star or two...:) and the suite was absolute perfection. Staff wonderfully friendly; bed very very comfortable. Highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience and hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

To the amazing staff of the Savoy Hotel London.Words cannot express how wonderful it was to celebrate my Birthday with you all.My darling daughter had arranged a surprise afternoon tea at the Savoy for me and our family.The moment I walked through the doors,I was made to feel welcome.The warmth and attentiveness from the Savoy staff,made me want to sink into the luxurious surroundings and never leave.The food,the champagne and especially the company completed this amazing experience.I could never have guessed that the next night would surpass that.We had booked a room at the Savoy for the following night and had no idea until we had been escorted to our room that we had been upgraded to the Junior suite overlooking the Thames, made complete with our own Butler,Champagne & a tray of chocolates, (compliments from the pastry chef)It felt like I was in a dream and one that I never wanted to wake up from.To the H.R. team,well done!You have put together the most amazing team of colleagues,I have ever seen,each and every person that I came into contact with,exuded warmth.kindness and professionalism.You should be very proud!.
So to the Savoy staff,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel like family and to those of you who have never had the Savoy experience just do it!You won't regret it.

Deborah & Harold

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Wow, what a fantastic review! It’s such a pleasure to hear that you were able to enjoy a celebratory stay and afternoon tea experience at The Savoy. Many thanks for your feedback with regards to the team who work so hard to deliver the very best service possible. I look forward forward to sharing your kind words with all the team and do hope we are able to welcome you back to The Savoy.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Beautiful decor and very comfortable beds with superb bed and bath linen. Great place to stay in London and afternoon tea here is a real treat. Highly recommend. Great location near The Thames and theatres,

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, its amenities and favorable location. Your feedback with regards to afternoon tea is also much appreciated.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you want to feel pampered then stay at the Savoy. The staff treated us like royalty. This was a treat for us as we don't usually splash out so much on a hotel stay. Everything in the room was luxurious, and I had the best nights sleep in any hotel I've ever stayed at - the pillows were wonderful. We asked for a view of the city and were delighted with a fabulous view of the Thames and city skyscrapers. Thank you Savoy - you're definitely worth it!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed The Savoy Experience and shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

Motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a wonderful experience. Made to feel so special from start to finish. We all enjoyed each and every moment. Staff were incredibly attentive and friendly.

Hotel was simply superb. I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed a stay at The Savoy. Many thanks for your kind words which I look forward to sharing with the team.

Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The most ridiculous prices for anything over the regular room rate I have ever experienced. I liked the way we were checked in. When we complained about wrongful charges we were treated poorly........

Dear Guest,

We were disappointed to read your comments here on your stay at The Savoy. I gather that we are in touch with you privately regarding any concerns you have highlighted and we look forward to continuing that correspondence.

Kiaran MacDonald

Been to The Savoy? Share your experiences!