“a night in another world” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Savoy

You added The Savoy to your Saves list
The Savoy
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, London WC2R 0EU, England (Charing Cross / Trafalgar Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% OFF SEASONAL SAVER
Ranked #50 of 1,065 Hotels in London
melton mowbray
“a night in another world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

myself and my wife stayed here for our wedding anniversary.we bought the package through amazon and it included our evening meal.as we are both normal working people we do not get to stay at hotels of this calibre very often.when we entered the foyer we were taken aback by the surroundings and felt very out of our depth.that soon changed as a young lady named Becky came over too us and immediatley took us for a tour around the hotel.she made us feel at home straight away......she also made us feel very special.the check in from that moment on was very fast and very smooth.the hotel is a beautifull building and the quality just never stops.the food we ate was the best meal we have ever had on an evening out and the breakfast was just something else.now we come to the rest of the staff.every member of staff we met,and i mean all the ones we met weather dealing with a question or just passing in a corridor were the most friendly,polite people you could wish for.nothing seems too much trouble and they work as a well oiled team and it really is a team.whatever they are paid it is not enough i would like to take this opportunity to personally thank all of them for making our stay so wonderfull.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Malling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I went here for my 21'st birthday present on the 28/02/14 and it was beyond my expectations! I stayed with my boyfriend in the Superior Queen room, which was Edwardian with a view of the city. I dont understand how someone can give this a bad review it was the best hotel I've stayed in! We were greeted straight away by the men on the door who took our luggage, and invited inside by Sebastian. We were shown to our amazing room and introduced to the hotel. The room had a hairdryer, bath robes, a mini bar with drinks and another with snacks, bath salts and shampoo etc and more than enough towels! I also had a birthday cake left in the room so that was nice.
We had afternoon tea booked for 5.45, the last slot available so I'd definitely say book well in advance as ours was booked 3 weeks prior. We had to wait a little while but it was fine. Once we were seated we were shown menu options. £45 per person and it was more than enough! We couldn't manage to finish the 3 courses of cakes, scones and sandwiches but i wish we had! I had my own plate of vegetarian sandwiches which was perfect for me. They also brought out a second birthday cake plus quite a few others, with happy birthday playing on the piano.
We also had a private booth booked at the Beaufort bar for 9pm and it was amazing! so glad i chose it over the American bar. We had a complementary cocktail to sample plus our free character cocktail! I had a drink dedicated to Charlie Chaplin and it was amazing and tasted like popcorn, my boyfriend had Ole Blue eyes, a drink for Frank Sinatra which was very strong!
They had a singer in the bar and it was such a cool atmosphere definitely worth going to! You wont feel pressured to dress up as it was pretty casual, but I wore heels and just because anything would have been ok.
In the morning we had an included breakfast brought to our room, it was so delicious but again, I couldn't have finished it all.
Overall it was such a great experience and I was so sad to leave. I would 100% stay here again. Everyone is so nice and make you feel at home. It's pricey but it's what you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a city view its amazing at night!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
York, England.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is an amazing hotel, booked in for a weekend to celebrate my 30th BIrthday, everything was perfect and cannot say one negative thing about it apart from maybe about the very expensive drinks in the hotel bar.
The rooms are spot on, comfortable with everything you would expect from a hotel of this calibre, the service is impeccable, 100% first class from the moment we arrived to the fair well bid by the doorman.
London is an amazing city and loved every minute of our visit except a very unpleasant dinner at Marco Pierre Whites steak and ale house, appalling customer service and very poor quality of food.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was amazing, can't even imagine how wonderful the premium room are.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thundersley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Booked Queen room for a treat and got upgraded on arrival to King room on the seamless check-in. Quality and service are second to none. It was like staying in a stately home walking among beautiful paintings and original furniture. The Chocolate shop within the hotel displayed works of art. Valet parking was impressive. We also went to The Savoy Theatre, which is next door. The hotel and theatre met all my expectations.

Room Tip: Room 230 exquisite three windows, on with a Thames view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is, perhaps, the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in and the service was outstanding. Stayed at The Savoy as part of an international meeting and was so impressed, I would treat myself to a night here again just to have a good night's sleep in an amazing bed, drink tea out of Wedgwood cups and lounge in a fluffy bathrobe. And, it not just a cup of tea one gets, it is a 2-cup china tea pot and a carafe of boiling water. I almost didn't want to leave the room! Every member of the staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, close to transportation, theatres and sites. Yup, I'd stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I travel about 60 nights a year, and have stayed here on avg about 10 nights a year for the last 6 years at this property. This hotel is simply fantastic. The team and it is a team from the moment they great you at the driveway to the housekeeping, to the bars and restaurants are flawless. Hats off to these folks. There is nothing better in London! Enjoy! You won't be disappointed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy The Savoy as a long-standing and loyal guest. Many thanks for your feedback, particularly with regards to the service you have experienced from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off on the spur of the moment for some afternoon cocktails after some serious retail therapy in Covent Garden. The service was excellent, the cocktails delicious, and a lovely atmosphere, beautiful old building, would definitely do it again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent visit to The Savoy. As you have so kindly mentioned, there is no better way to relax after shopping than cocktails at The Savoy, which is just a stone’s throw away from Covent Garden. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team and hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald

Been to The Savoy? Share your experiences!