“An extraordinary experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 1,073 hotels in London
Berlin, Germany
“An extraordinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I have been travelling to top hotels all over the world for 40 years and have stayed here many times sometimes with average experience and sometimes exemplary. At the moment the hotel seems to have got everything right and I always look forward to each trip here. Sometimes I'm recognised, sometimes I'm happily incognito. Either way the staff and management are extremely discrete. The dogs b......!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Delightful staff, a fabulous environment and delicious cocktails. Highly recommended. We were made to feel very welcome, particularly as we had an under 18 so couldn't go into the bar. Sweeties for the 'grown-up children' were an added bonus!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We went for afternoon tea here. Could not be faulted! Food staff and service wonderful and made for a very special afternoon. Incredibly good value too. Cannot recommend highly enough. Other places pale in comparison

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

What a wonderful stay we had at London's top hotel.
From walking in the front door, to leaving is an experience you'll never forget.
The attention to detail, and general ambience of the hotel is second to none, and staff so well trained, they are the equal of any top hotel in the world, and the envy of many.
Rooms are exquisite, fastidiously clean and well appointed.
The location of the hotel is Proberly one of London's most prosperous areas, with Bond st, Piccadilly, Burlington arcade etc, all within a few minutes walk, in fact most of the best parts of London are well within walking distance of the hotel.
Try afternoon tea in the hotel, it starts at 15.00, till about 17.00, you are best to book this at busy times of year.
Its a tradition that's been going on for almost 100 years, the food and pastries are to die for, and the different types of teas on offer is staggering, and you can have as much as you can eat....
The staff certainly know what they are taking about, ask them as many questions as you like, they know everything, take advice about the types of tea to drink, and what accompanies it.
I must congratulate the staff, who overheard my wife say happy birthday to me, next thing is we have a cake turn up with candles.. Well done to all, a credit to the most famous of hotels, I will always tell people how impressed I was with my whole visit.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was so special ! The service was perfection, as was the delicious food. The decor was very posh and updated while maintaining it's old world style. I would most definitely return to this beautiful place when staying in London ! It is situated in the heart of town, so all the shoppes are just down the street. We had such a fabulous time here.

• Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Both checking in and checking out, I received unhurried personal attention and even a personal tour of the hotel and its amenities was offered upon arrival. My room and its facilities were enormous, comfortable, neat, quiet and elegant. Even on the 2nd floor facing the street, you could hear a pin drop. The lobby and restaurant are out of a Merchant Ivory film, and only if I had run into Emma Thompson in Edwardian period costume could I have been more dazzled! Hahahahahaha... I cannot wait to return to Claridge's and I surely will! Twitter and Instagram: @kmptop10

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall away from elevators and stairs are particularly quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our first stay in Claridge's and we are extremely happy especially the personal service of Mr Huebner the reception manager and the wonderful staff there. We have always tried to stay in the Four Seasons wherever we go, however due to their most inflexible reservation staff in London, we changed our bookings to Claridge's and it was the best decision I made! We were impressed with the welcome message ( written in wooden children's blocks)along with the sweets and teddy bears for our son! Even his favourite cartoon DVD was provided ( I suspect its the booking agent who arranged that) The upgrade in suite during our first 3 nights was a wonderful surprise. The suite was decorated in the Art Deco era and most of all it is spacious. I also loved the organic children's toiletries! The complimentary Burberry trench coats on loan in the wardrobes was a really thoughtful touch! Our last night stay in Claridge's was the best as we got upgraded again to the special Claridges specialty suite! It was AMAZING with an outdoor terrace looking down on Mayfair! Very tastefully decorated with gorgeous wallpaper, Claridge's custom made tea cups, blown away by the original Picasso painting and even an inroom popcorn machine! Again there was a welcome back note for my son with some London's memorabilias . He was estatic! Breakfasts were always heavenly, not typical boring hotel standard breakfasts. Very children friendly as my son enjoyed the different drawing menus they provided and of course the gorgeous quality hot chocolate! The hotel's coincerge was amazing as he managed to get us for dinner at the very popular La Gavorche within 10 days whilst I have been trying for 2 months! Being in the travel/hospitality industry before has made me very aware on personal service, hotel rooms and amenities and The Claridge's have definitely full marks on all aspects of a great hotel to stay in! A big thank you to Mr Huebner for being always so accomodating to our requests for early check in, making the great afternoon tea possible, room upgrades and making our stay in Claridge's totally memorable! What makes a hotel oustanding is not only the hardware but the software, which is the wonderful hardworking staff who understands the importance of discerning hospitality and that is evidently shown throughout this classic luxury hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Claridge's? Share your experiences!