“Claridge's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 1,075 hotels in London
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
“Claridge's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

i booked the cheapest room available but it was not bad , reason for booking is it is very near to oxford st and sefridge,s all shopping mall are walking dist , nearest underground is bond station , 3 min walk , breakfast is waiter served and very good , it has french restaurant on back , one of the best in town , and very good bar just back side the hotel . from airport to here if advance taxi booked charged me 50 pound which was very good . food in the hotel room is just ok , but this area is the best place to stay .now a days construction near to that going on , so stay after 2 month it will be the best .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I visited in April for two nights. I have visited London tens of times and Claridge's is my current favourite. The best things are the wonderfull staff and the beautiful common areas.

DOn't get me wrong, the rooms are ok as well, but if you expect american chain hotel style, this hotel is not for you as the building is old and the rooms are different from each other. I have always been happy with the room, you get what you pay for. This time I was alone so I booked the least expensive room and it was perfectly ok and comfortable for a two nights weekend stay. For our next stay with the husband I already booked a bigger room.

I met some friends in the bar and the champagne and service was great as always. We visited the bar last time in December when we could't get a room in Claridges and stayed unfortunately elsewhere, but came in the to have some lunch in the bar. The service was as good as ever for outsiders as well. I especially love the breakfast which is waiter served, no nasty buffet in sight!

So, thank you all great staff of Claridge's! See you in November again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wifes 40th, so i booked a two night stay at claridges.
I arranged for the claridges chauffeur to collect us from Euston,my wife did not know and made her feel very special and i personally loved it, as we walked up platform 5 we were greeted by the chauffeur Mikhail dressed in a very smart suit holding a board with the claridges emblem on it, he wished my wife happy birthday and then took our cases, we were escorted to a stunning S class mercedes and then made our way to the hotel, on route he called the hotel to tell them we would be arriving and to prepare for our arrival, we were greeted by a hotel member of staff and whisked into the hotel, we checked in and were then offered a lovely glass of laurent perrier champagne, this is the house champagne.
We then had a fabulous lunch in the bar and then checked into our room which was stunning just stunning.
All i can say is that the whole weekend at claridges was amazing, elegant refined top class service, you really are treated superbly, it is a hotel full of understated glamour and full of history, sublime in every way.
The Fumoire bar is stunning, to sit in there having a gin and tonic surrounded by the priceless lalique glass is so special, the lobby with all the beautiful fresh flowers and original features amazing, the food , the service what you would expect superb.
To close we had a wonderful memorable weekend and i thank claridges hotel and staff for making my wifes 40th very special indeed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear "jez s",

What a wonderful review - thank you from us all.

We were thrilled that you chose a stay at Claridge's to celebrate your wife's special birthday and to learn that your enjoyment of your visit began from the moment you were met at the station.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

With all good wishes,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a patron of the Dorchester, I had decided not to go there this time and chose Claridges. The hotel of course has best reputation lovely lobby bar and restaurant. I usually get a upgrade because of the caliber of card that I have and on Fine Hotels. This time was led to a small room, no view. I was surprised and reception said I would have to pay more for an upgraded room. I did. Somehow that was wrong. They have opened a new restaurant which is an odd choice. The lobby lounge restaurant has very mediocre food. As I come to London about 8 times a year, I keep trying hotels, and keep going back to the perfect Dorchester. The service was excellent tho, and hotel very clean. Best location there is

Room Tip: Ask for front facing room. Otherwise room is dark
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear “Summ111”,

I am sorry that the upgrade, which is subject to availability within the Fine Hotels and Resort Programme, was not available on this occasion. I understand that this benefit is very attractive and that it can be disappointing when our booking situation does not allow us to arrange it.

It was also with regret that I read that you did not enjoy our otherwise much-loved restaurants' product and genuinely hope that you will give them another try. If you decide to do this, even if it is “popping over” from The Dorchester please be so kind as to let us know.

I wish you many fun and future trips to London and I hope that we will be your hotel of choice once more.

Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having had afternoon tea there. a good friend and I had promised ourselves a stay at Claridges and finally got round to it for her 50th. We booked two rooms, mine was a smoking room. The rooms were lovely and spacious and we were initially very pleased. Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful and the service excellent. Unfortunately, my friend had to ask to change rooms at 12.45am due to the noise of the aircon and the smell of smoke on that floor. This was handled very efficiently and sympathetically. Breakfast the next day was lovely although the service was not quite so good as the night before, although still very good. We checked out and went home, still having enjoyed our stay. Subsequently I completed the feedback form online. I was surprised to get an email asking if Miguel could telephone me to apologise in person for my friend having to move rooms however I assumed that this was just the superior level of service offered by Claridges. When he called he actually offered a room for one night FOC which I thought was exceptional customer service. We did go and stay again and everything was wonderful. My friend did not have to move rooms and the suite I had was beautiful. Again the service was wonderful and the young man who dealt with us on arrival, Vito, is a real asset to this establishment. I have to say that all the staff we spoke to were extremely polite and attentive without encroaching on any personal space. It was so nice, that instead of leaving after checking out, we stayed and drank champagne in the bar for a couple of very pleasant hours! I would definitely recommend Claridges for any occasion and for anyone working in the hospitality industry, this is the place that sets the standard. Thank you to all concerned who made us feel so welcome and special.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thanks everyone for another wonderful stay. We always enjoy coming back and you make me feel welcome. I should have joined trip advisor sooner so I could tell everyone else what a great place this is to stay

Room Tip: Try more than one if you can
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear "Wee72",

A big thank you!

Please come back and see us soon.

With my good wishes and those of all the team,

Hollywood Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3 WORDS...GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL!! This property's best years were years and years ago. My go to hotel in Mayfair is The Connaught, a sister property of Claridges. The Connaught was completely booked and I thought, "It's a sister property, storied history and reputation, how bad could it be?" The better question would have been, "How wrong could I be in making that assumption?" Claridges is quite literally the Grand Budapest Hotel. It is in desperate need of a COMPLETE renovation. The first room that I was given was a replica of the Lincoln Bedroom at the White House or a room from the hotel in film The Shining! Everything about it from the furnishings to the carpet to the bathroom were completely rundown, worn out and threadbare. But the bathroom is what drove me over the edge. It had the worst lighting I've EVER had in a hotel of zero-five stars! There were 4 tiny LED recessed lights and NOT ONE OF THE LIGHTS was above the mirror. Are you kidding me?? Why bother having a mirror in the bathroom if you don't provide adequate lighting? Next, the faucet was so far recessed against the sink bowl that I literally couldn't rinse my toothbrush without it brushing against the overflow hole (yes, that one...the filthy one) against the back of the sink. The final straw was no NO no counter space for toiletries. My room isn't in ANY of the online photos on their website. I requested a room change only to be informed that they were completely sold out and had no other rooms to transfer me into.

After a 10 hr flight, 2hrs in the customs queue due to software computer issues and a 30 min wait in the hotel exec lounge while my room was being "prepared," I was at my wits-end! I insisted on speaking with a manager and told him that I was prepared to leave the hotel if my room wasn't changed. I called The Connaught and exhaustingly explained my plight and pleaded with them to find me a cupboard or linen closet because even those are elegant and beautiful at The Connaught. I'm pretty certain the manager from The Connaught called the manager at Claridges because shortly after my SOS call to The Connaught, Claridges magically found a room for me. The new room was still "old", literally next to the elevator and staircase, but it was clean and I could see myself in the bathroom mirror. My room was $650US p/night and it is sad to say that I was reduced to being grateful and accepting of a room that was simply clean and well lit. RIDICULOUS!! But I was grateful UNTIL I took my first shower and had to lift my leg up and over the side of the tub that was literally like mounting a horse...and there was no safety bar-not sure how someone could manage to get in and out of this shower. The water in the shower didn't drain quickly enough so I ended up with dirty feet (up to my ankles!!) after each shower and had to hand wash my ankles and feet. RIDICULOUS!! This was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

On day 3 of my stay, I couldn't find my jacket and pants...I searched my luggage high and low-couldn't find them! Don't ask me why, but something said, check the drawers in the closet. There were 2 small drawers in a VERY old stand in the closet and the housekeeper had taken it upon herself to place my garments in the drawer of the stand. Are you kidding me?? Hanging a coat is one thing but placing my garments into the stand crossed the line. The drawer was dusty and lined with suede that was stained and worn.Why would I want my clean clothing in a dirty musty drawer??

The only highlight of my stay at this hotel was the elevator man for the express elevator, Jay. I am African-American and EVERY STAFFER at the hotel except the Concierge and Jay looked at me as though I was a stow-away. I went down to the bar on 3 occasions and asked for a simple glass of ice and was given that look that the shopkeepers in Pretty Woman gave Julia Roberts, quickly followed with "Are YOU are a guest at the hotel?" To which I patiently answered, "Of course," only to followed with, "What is your room number and name?" Are you serious?? You need my room number and name for a glass of ice?? Back to Jay, he was the only friendly face that I saw every day. Thank you Jay!!

I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY AT CLARIDGES. DO NOT EVER STAY AT CLARIDGES!! Book The Connaught and if they have no rooms available, try The Berkeley, BUT DO NOT EVER STAY AT CLARIDGES. COMPLETELY OVERRATED overpriced behemoth whose best years were a quarter-century ago...and that is being generous.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear “CocoaContessa”,

I can clearly see that you are very upset (which is the last thing I would wish for any guest) and that it has resulted in your writing this very emotionally-loaded review.

There is not much I can, or would wish to, say at this point, however, I know that we have tried to contact you and my hope continues that we can liaise direct. My e-mail address is tkochs@claridges.co.uk.

With all good wishes,

Thomas

Been to Claridge's? Share your experiences!