“Great service and beautiful "cadre",” 5 of 5 stars

Seasonal Special
Ranked #128 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fontainebleau, France
“Great service and beautiful "cadre",”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great service and beautiful "cadre". Central yet calm... Could almost forget that you are here for work. Breakfast in the room delicious and well presented as was the dinner. Will definitely be back on our next visit to London.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear “Zolou25”

We are all delighted that we can look forward to welcoming you back and would like to thank you for your kind words.

With the good wishes of all the team.

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Tring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Claridges is probably the last remaining quintessentially British hotel, by no means is it trading on its past reputation. It is working extremely hard to maintain its well deserved reputation. Everything about it smacks of class and elegance. The staff are all helpful without being deferential . It doesn't matter if you are wandering around the corridors looking lost or poking around in the library, any member of staff will ask if you need help with anything and sound as though they really mean it. The attention to detail is staggering. We stayed for one night to celebrate my wife's birthday in a beautiful studio room. we were welcomed by a tasty little cake with a candle and a " Happy Birthday" message on the plate and a glass of champagne to celebrate. It seemed that wherever we then went in the hotel, everybody knew who we were and wished my wife " Happy Birthday" by name. Very impressive!.
We had wanted to experience Claridges since seeing the TV series made there last year and we were not disappointed. In our opinion, it lived up to everything we expected and more. Start saving! everybody should experience this level of service and comfort at least once! In a word, Breathtaking !!

Room Tip: Claridges is never going to be cheap but if you speak to them directly, they often have special offe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear “Bill2Liz”,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I hope this will be your first of many stays with us.

With my good wishes,

Kinross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here to celebrate my wife's birthday. It met and exceeded expectations. The staff were wonderful, they couldn't do enough, there were staff on hand, but 'unseen' - so when you needed them they were there. The quality of the accommodation was outstanding, the lobby was amazing, the breakfast was yummy! The bedrooms were art-decor and quietly understated with every wee bit of luxury you would want. I was expecting a lot for the price - and got it.

Location - just off South Molton Street, a five minute walk to Bond Street Underground, and 7 minutes to Selfridges on Regent Street - perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear “Thethreecees”,

We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your wife’s birthday celebratory stay.

Please come back and see us again soon.

With kind regards,

West Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I realise the immense popularity of afternoon tea at Claridges, however I find the booking process a nightmare. I have a special birthday coming up and especially wanted to have afternoon tea at Claridges. I rang to check on the booking procedure and was told the date I would have to ring up to book (being 90 days in advance) at 9.00am, I was told that a table for 7 would also be fine. I duly rang on the day at 9.00am and was immediately put into a queue for bookings, I then got through at 9.05 to be told that you only have ONE table for 7 and I had just missed it, as it was already booked. How in is day and age can this booking procedure be acceptable? And why do you only have ONE table for 7? And why was I not advised of this? I am so disappointed, and frustrated after carefully planning this event for so long, as it will now not happen

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear “NancyWestYorkshire”,

I am truly sorry about your disappointment which I wish we could have avoided.

Having tried a few options, we have found that our current booking policy has proven to be the best and the fairest in our effort to accommodate everyone who is kind enough to want to visit and enjoy Afternoon Tea at Claridge’s but I regret that it did not work for you on this occasion.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming to Claridge's one day.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

On entering into the hotel you are struck by its ageless grandeur ... We questioned the confirmed rate of £900 for a junior suite as we had been quoted 12 days earlier at £800 and no explanation was given apart from our rates vary ... seemed opportunistic, but we assured they would investigate.
As we had booked thru Centurion Amex we had were entitled to an upgrade if available and they offered us a Mayfair suite on the back of the building which was a lovely proportioned suite but unfortunately we awoken early the next day by work on a construction site out our window.
We requested to be moved as we were staying six nights and was offerred a base suite category which we viewed on the front of the building and was much smaller and had bath over shower which I emphasized would not be suitable.
They offered an alternative Mayfair suite but could not view as it was occupied and not available til the next night ... We accepted, they moved our belongings the next day but unfortunately was bath over shower and much noisier as it was on the front corner.
Breakfast is lovely in the main restaurant as the Gordon Ramsay one was currently closed but the set menus are very inflexible as they charge you were for any variance or you can buy a la carte but the prices much your eyes water.
Don't be surprised to arrive for dinner at 7.00pm as still have many day visitors enjoying High tea and if you want a drink after work at the bar it's very difficult to get a seat as workers call in.
Our toilet did not work properly in our room for our stay and when mentioned it to reception was explained that it was an old hotel and on second mention assured they had looked at it!
Overall the concierge was great but bell captain after being advised that we had transport coming from our airline company and were we were sitting ... The driver was given no direction and was just about to leave because we had checked out.
As we had been given explanation for the rate variance although asking again we mentioned our disappointment with no justification and the toilet not working we were graciously offerer to have the 5% service charge that that was added on to the room rate plus VAT would be waived ... Seemed another opportunistic charge.
The hotel feel is generally lovely but has got some kinks which tainted our experience.

Room Tip: Go out the back on Brook Mews but check the construction site is finished ... Check the actual featu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear “Cliff G”,

I was sorry to read that your experience was not as perfect as it should have been.

The building that has been demolished and rebuilt in Brooks Mews has caused us a little bit of a headache but I am glad to see its progress and that the worst is almost over. I completely sympathise with you. It is a very unfortunate situation as the disturbance is, of course, completely out of our control.

Some of our guests prefer to be allocated on Brook Street, others Davies Street and just as many love the Mews or the inner courtyard. I guess when you look at the allocations a little more scientifically they all have their pros and cons, probably and not surprisingly for a hotel in a large city centre. What I would like to say though is that I am very sorry that you were disturbed and I truly mean it.

I am also sorry that nobody got back to you in regard to your query about the bill because the explanation is really rather simple. Like many other hotels, Claridge’s operates different price levels based on demand and occupancy levels - sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down and a lot can happen in 12 days.

I am pleased to say that the main restaurant space, which was previously occupied by Gordon Ramsay, has been completely refurbished and will re-open as a brand new restaurant with Chef Simon Rogan during the first week of May. The Foyer & Reading Room will continue to offer a three-course menu du jour (which is a set menu based on seasonal ingredients) as well as the usual a la carte.

All our restaurants and bars are exceptionally popular with non-resident as well as resident guests, however, the teams always try to accommodate our hotel guests first and, although you do not specifically say that you did not get a seat, I am sorry if this was the case.

I sincerely hope that you still had an enjoyable time and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Claridge’s and when this happens I would love to say hello in person as I definitely would not want a repeat of any of the glitches you experienced.

I send all good wishes and safe travels.

Ross & Cromarty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

When ever I feel down I go to the fumoir in claridges, it is like medicine , the design is utter 1930s perfection.Stunning hotel, when I stayed there my room was plain but with a perfect old fashioned ensuite bathroom with a gigantic shower head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear "thestylebook",

Thank you for your great review - especially about The Fumoir.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Claridge's is a classic experience. From the minute you step in the revolving door, until the moment you leave, this hotel is a gem. Your are greeted at check in and escorted to your room, where all requests are immediately complied with. Rooms, whether in the art deco wing or the classic wing are spacious and have a great deal of storage. The bathrooms are spacious with all possible amenities. The beds are very comfortable and breakfast in the Foyer is an experience that should not be missed. Consistently, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear “Jose T”,

Your fantastic review describes what we strive for every day – thank you so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thomas

Been to Claridge's? Share your experiences!