“Half - term break” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Half - term break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My daughter and I were treated to a night in Claridges and afternoon tea to boot by my 19year old son. We turned up in jeans and backpacks (our normal attire) and were greeted with exemplary politeness by the staff. Our room was clean, the beds very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. On arrival we were offered champagne but my daughter opted for the complimentary smoothie instead. Afternoon tea was a very pleasant affair, my daughter is 15 and was impressed and felt very special as the staff made every effort to make us comfortable. All in all my son has paid for a memory that will stay with us for life. It's not cheap but memories are not about money but experiences and this is one I would not have liked to miss. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our stay so enjoyable and my son for giving it to us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear "Claire C",

I am so pleased that you and your daughter took away some wonderful memories and thank you to your son for choosing Claridge's.

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Worthing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have wanted to stay at Claridges since I was a child and finally on my 45th birthday I got my chance. We had booked the Superior Queen Room (the cheapest!) and had hoped for a complmentary upgrade but it was not mean't to be. The room however was ready at 11am which suited us fine.

The room was lovely (5th floor) and overlooked the courtyard. The furniture was original art deco as was the bathroom which is exactly what I had asked for. It is quite funny how some people have complained about the place being old! I think it adds to the charm - why else would you go there?. The room was not huge but it was extremely comfortable and homey and the quality of everything in it was top notch. The bed was so cosy that I slept through 2 whole nights which us unusual for me in a hotel.

Our first wow moment came when the valets turned up to unpack our bags. I had assumed that this would happen when we had gone out and I did feel a bt silly standing there while they handled my underthings...that was a funny moment. Also, the lady in the powder room turns on the taps for you.

2 glasses of champage and a rather sweet happy birthday desert where brought to our room which was a lovey touch.

I prefer the main bar to the Fumoir. The black pearl cocktails are amazing. The atmosphere in the whole place is very relaxed and everyone minds their own business. I can see why you are not allowed to take photos in the public areas. It would be a bit tacky.

What I love is that Claridges is proper posh and not fake posh. It's about class, style and good manners rather than trash and cash (no acrylic nails here). I did not feel judged for not being rich or famous (by staff or other guests) and felt as if I was accorded the same level of service and courtesy as my fellow guests. For 2 days we felt like royalty. The staff are professional and friendly but they let you have space. Because of the intimate nature of the service, it feels more like you are staying in a country house rather than a hotel.

The room service is fantastic too. After a night of cocktails in the bar we had a hankering for sausage and mash. This is not on the menu but I asked for it anyway. Rather than telling me it was not available I was asked ; 'would you like peas with that madam?'. Everything we ate was delicious. The portions were huge.

I will deffinitely go again. Although it is expensive I did not feel ripped off. I'll start saving now!!

Room Tip: Don't get hung up about being upgraded - The money you spend on a bigger room would be better sp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "BluesterNew",

We were so pleased that you were able to realise your childhood dream and on such a very special occasion.

Your fantastic review was appreciated by each and every member of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a wonderful weekend in London at Claridge's. The hotel is extremely well located; walking distance from excellent shopping. I was most impressed with the incredible service. They are attentive and kind making it a pleasure to stay there. The rooms are a little dated but on the 5th floor we had a beautiful view of the city rooftops. The hotel lobby is spectacular.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BeacherPaul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been for drinks at Claridge's many times but had never stayed before. The hotel is so personal and intimate, you really get spoilt. The rooms are classically elegant and well appointed and the service is attentive without being intrusive... For a real occasion and treat this is the hotel to go in London, without exception.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear "BeacherPaul",

We were so pleaed to learn that you enjoyed your first overnight stay with us - may it be the first of many.

With kind regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at Claridge's twice now and have been very satisfied both times. The rooms are very large by US standards which makes them HUGE by UK standards. The service is always great and the location is very convenient to restaurants, parks and the subway. As previously mentioned, it is expensive but you get what you pay for. The bar, breakfast and restaurant are always great.

Room Tip: The top floor (7) has the best rooms but there is no lift up there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear "Aroundtheworld03",

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Claridge's soon.

LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have recently made a return visit to Claridge's and stayed in refurbished adjoining rooms.
To say that the designers have surpassed themselves would be an understatement as the rooms are truly beautiful and in the art deco style.

The service welcome etc are still as you would expect for such a hotel i.e. almost faultless.

We will return when the new much talked about restaurant opens in the Spring.

ECD
LONDON

Room Tip: Try the new rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear “ECDLondon”,

A huge thank you on behalf of all the team as well as the interior designers who we are proud to work with.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Claridge’s and to our new restaurant which opens in May.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a great stay visiting from Australia. Service was great and room immaculate, enjoyed everything about it.

Only down point was that when we checked out, they add 50 pounds for a dessert we had. We told the man who checked us out that we didn't order anything and never charged to our room. He took it off the bill and we had no issues. However 3 days later we notice a separate 50 pound charge on our credit card, that wasn't acceptable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Dusty B”,

I was pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry about the same two incorrect charges. I hope that your credit card was duly refunded but, if not, please contact me direct on (tkochs@claridges.co.uk) so I can arrange it without any further delay.

Thomas

Been to Claridge's? Share your experiences!