“Perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ridgemount Hotel
You added Ridgemount Hotel to your Saves list
65 - 67 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #193 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Firenze, Italia
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at The Ridgemount on late October, I had a double room en suite on the first floor, as the room was on the rear it was very quiet. As in the other hotels in the area, rooms are small but efficient, I only spent the night in it so all I needed was a bed and a bathroom. Good wi-fi connection in room. Free hot drinks machine in the lounge, english breakfast included in the room rate with the possibility of lighter options. The family who ownes the place is really nice and friendly. The location is convenient, near the british museum, a lot of bus lines just across the street and walking distance to Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Oxford Street. I would definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Goodyear, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Room was tiny, as expected for the price. Location was excellent. Full English breakfast included, but we got bored with the same items every single day. Staff were helpful with directions. Wi-Fi worked pretty well, and they do have 2 computers in the parlor for guests to use to print boarding passes as needed. Bathroom was antiquated and had problems with a toilet that flushed only sporadically. We were told that was because of 60 years of "abuse" by Americans! Okayyyy.... otherwise the hotel was a good bargain. The beds were tiny single beds, but were comfortable otherwise. Lots of street noise because it is located near a hospital so heard sirens all night. Earplugs solved that problem easily. We were unable to book into the same hotel for our return to London a week later, so we set out to find another and found our dream!

Newberg, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The room had two twin beds, a sink, a small wardrobe and a desk, and barely enough room to walk between the two beds. Even though the carpet that showed between the beds was only a small strip, it hadn't been vacuumed. Also, it was an usually warm night in early October in London, and the room was hot. We finally resorted to opening the window, and the street was very noisy - lots of traffic, the occasional police siren, etc. It was within walking distance from Euston Station and was relatively cheap, but I wished while still awake at 2:00 am that I had taken a metro to a hotel in a quieter neighborhood. The breakfast was good, though, and the waitstaff were excellent.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hubby and I stayed overnight. Great location - very central and easily accessible by the tube (Euston/Goodge St). The staff were very welcoming and accomodating. Originally putting us up on the second floor but changed us to the ground floor (room 17) when seeing our large bags (no lifts). Room was basic but clean. Mattress was terrible and upset hubby's back - you could feel the springs through the doona even before you got into bed! But ensuite was attached, water was hot, water pressure was good and complimentary tea/toast/cereal was enjoyed before our quick departure to Kings Cross St Pancras (only 1 station away). Cost overnight was 98 pounds.

Room Tip: Keep in mind no elevator so might consider asking for a lower floor room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greater Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This bed and breakfast must be one of the best value accommodations in the whole of London. Extremely low cost, spotlessly clean with welcoming owners and staff, I cannot see how it can be beaten. My friend and I were offered the twin-bedded basement room, with its own private bathroom and was conveniently situated just down the corridor from the dining room. The maid service and room facilities, including digital TV, were perfectly adequate. Breakfast was served in the pleasant dining room which consisted of a choice of cereals, fruit juice, tea/coffee/chocolate, English breakfast (nicely cooked/slight variation each day), a selection of preserves and the offer of extra toast. The dining room staff were also extremely friendly and obliging for which I commend them. In addition there was free tea/coffee and Internet use, in the lounge.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for all the reasons mentioned above. It's in a superb location which is virtually in theatreland and near to all the main attractions. Bus stops are situated at various points along Gower Street which enables travel all over London.

I feel there has been some unfair criticism given to this B&B, which for the money is a great find. Cosmetically there may be some slightly tired areas, which like most other busy hotels is just a matter of wear and tear and bears no reflection on the quality, service, or the cleanliness of the accommodation. However some people expect five star facilities at two star prices.

I feel the Ridgemount is a credit to the owners and staff. Also on the last morning we were allowed to leave our luggage in a private area to collect later in the day which was appreciated.

I am a frequent traveller both in the UK and on the continent and have experienced various types of accommodation - if you're looking for a good budget B&B, give this one a go!

Room Tip: Despite being centrally located, Gower Street is a quiet location therefore I would imagine all the...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom while attending a conference locally.

The room was small and basic as I would expect for £52 but it was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was immediately adjacent to my room which was convenient and it too was very clean.

The tv and hair drier were both in good working order.

In the morning I had the cooked breakfast which consisted of 2 rashers if bacon, 1 sausage and 1 egg. I was offered toast and cereals which I declined. I enjoyed a pot of coffee and a glass of orange juice. The waitress service was excellent; polite, friendly and efficient.

Check out was quick and efficient and I was offered advice on how to get to my destination.

I was very impressed and would happily stay here again. You could not possibly expect more from such a low cost hotel in Central London.

• Stayed October 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel was my first experience with a "European" hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful - even though I arrived several hours before check-in. My room was on the top floor - which was over 50 stairs up (not advisable for those with mobility issues) The room was clean and tiny... A twin bed, chair TV and small desk and closet and ensuite bath with shower....perfect for a single person. TV was small but had lost of channels and WiFi was fantastic. The breakfast was okay, but not really to my picky standards but the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The lounge has free coffee and tea, 2 computers to use and a drink machine. The property is close to shops and restaurants and close to 2 tube stations and buses just out side the door. The staff allowed me to keep my luggage in the lounge on my last day so I didn't have to lug it around all day - Very nice touch!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ridgemount Hotel? Share your experiences!