“Tiny, Clean room in great London location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ridgemount Hotel
65 - 67 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #183 of 1,075 hotels in London
Houston, Texas
“Tiny, Clean room in great London location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While our room was very tiny, it was very clean and the hotel staff was great. I did not have the correct converter and they generously supplied me with one during our stay. I had also forgotten shampoo and they let me borrow some :) The staff was very helpful and friendly.

We found the location to be very convienent as it is near a bus stop for a bus that will take you almost everywhere you need to go. The neighborhood of the hotel is also nice.

The only negative thing I could say is that we found the breakfast to be pretty lackluster...I stuck with the toast and cereal.

The price and location are great...I would recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

814 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Selden, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed staying here for three nights. It's a small hotel near University College, and many but not all of the guests were young. There were many small hotels in this one old building, each having its own entrance and staircase. The building is very old, with floors and stairs that are far from flat; we found it charming. The room was clean. The staff was friendly, and helped carry our luggage to the fourth floor. Breakfast was really good. The weather was quite warm when we were there, so it was absolutely necessary to keep the window open all night, and there was street noise but it did not bother us too much. The beds were unfortunately not great. I think they were narrower than a standard twin bed, and my back ached a little in the morning. They weren't terrible, but new beds are the one thing that could most improve this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request as lower floor if you don't like stairs. Ask if they have a ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed four nights here. For London it's economical... And the staff are very friendly and helpful. The first night we stayed in a bedroom with a double bed ( very small) and two single beds. The rooms are very warm and the bedspreads an decor initially appeared worn ... But actually were very endearing ... The next three nights we stayed in a room with an ensuite and the decor much more up market although it was a bit noisy. We really enjoyed our stay here and can only re-confirmed the reviews. If we came back again we would stay here without hesitation. Word of warning book in advance as they seemed to be fully booked every night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the ridgemount for 5 nights. The location is great, a 5 minute walk to Goodge street station and Euston station. The bus stop is just across the road also. The owner was very helpful, providing us with directions each mornings where we wanted to go.
The room itself was small but to be expected in london. It was very clean which to me is very important. The lounge downstairs offers free hot drinks and a couch to sit on and relax.
My only cons were the noise from the street (ask for a room not facing the street) and the bed needed a couple more pillows, though I'm sure the owner would have provided more if we had asked.
Would stay here again due to the fantastic location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've already stayed at the Ridgemount on two occasions, for a week in 2011 and for around 10 days last year. I wanted to book for next month again but, sadly, there was no availability on such short notice. What can I say? The staff was always very helpful, the rooms were clean and cosy, comfortable to spend time watching TV or relaxing after the activities of the day. The shared bathroom was always clean as well. I'm a vegetarian and, even though they offered english breakfast, I could always choose to have cereal with soy milk and toasts with strawberry jam instead. There were also a couple of times that I was offered cheese and tomato too. The location is superb, it's near the Northern Line, The Central Line and The Piccadilly Line, being Goodge Street the nearest station (Northern Line), not to mention that you can reach lots of places just by walking.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Gower Street can be a bit noisy, especially on the ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leduc, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was a bit small but clean and quiet. The staff were all very pleasant and eager to help me get the most out of my short stay in London. The location gives you good access to trains and the tube. Breakfast was excellent and the coffee is free all day long. I would stay here again anytime. The Ridgemount may give you the best bang for your buck in central London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kinsale, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clean ,quiet ,small hotel near University College London and the British Museum ,and not costing an arm and a leg .The staff are welcoming ,polite ,and very helpfull ..The rooms are small ,but comfortable .There is free internet access on 2 P.C.s next to a free coffee machine .The rooms at the back overlooking the garden are quiet and free from traffic noise .

Room Tip: A small very pleasant hotel on Gower Street,London WC1 .Rooms overlooking the garden [at the back] a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ridgemount Hotel? Share your experiences!