“Great place to stay even for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ridgemount Hotel
You added Ridgemount Hotel to your Saves list
65 - 67 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #218 of 1,051 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hobart, Australia
“Great place to stay even for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed four nights here. For London it's economical... And the staff are very friendly and helpful. The first night we stayed in a bedroom with a double bed ( very small) and two single beds. The rooms are very warm and the bedspreads an decor initially appeared worn ... But actually were very endearing ... The next three nights we stayed in a room with an ensuite and the decor much more up market although it was a bit noisy. We really enjoyed our stay here and can only re-confirmed the reviews. If we came back again we would stay here without hesitation. Word of warning book in advance as they seemed to be fully booked every night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the ridgemount for 5 nights. The location is great, a 5 minute walk to Goodge street station and Euston station. The bus stop is just across the road also. The owner was very helpful, providing us with directions each mornings where we wanted to go.
The room itself was small but to be expected in london. It was very clean which to me is very important. The lounge downstairs offers free hot drinks and a couch to sit on and relax.
My only cons were the noise from the street (ask for a room not facing the street) and the bed needed a couple more pillows, though I'm sure the owner would have provided more if we had asked.
Would stay here again due to the fantastic location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've already stayed at the Ridgemount on two occasions, for a week in 2011 and for around 10 days last year. I wanted to book for next month again but, sadly, there was no availability on such short notice. What can I say? The staff was always very helpful, the rooms were clean and cosy, comfortable to spend time watching TV or relaxing after the activities of the day. The shared bathroom was always clean as well. I'm a vegetarian and, even though they offered english breakfast, I could always choose to have cereal with soy milk and toasts with strawberry jam instead. There were also a couple of times that I was offered cheese and tomato too. The location is superb, it's near the Northern Line, The Central Line and The Piccadilly Line, being Goodge Street the nearest station (Northern Line), not to mention that you can reach lots of places just by walking.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Gower Street can be a bit noisy, especially on the ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leduc, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was a bit small but clean and quiet. The staff were all very pleasant and eager to help me get the most out of my short stay in London. The location gives you good access to trains and the tube. Breakfast was excellent and the coffee is free all day long. I would stay here again anytime. The Ridgemount may give you the best bang for your buck in central London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kinsale, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clean ,quiet ,small hotel near University College London and the British Museum ,and not costing an arm and a leg .The staff are welcoming ,polite ,and very helpfull ..The rooms are small ,but comfortable .There is free internet access on 2 P.C.s next to a free coffee machine .The rooms at the back overlooking the garden are quiet and free from traffic noise .

Room Tip: A small very pleasant hotel on Gower Street,London WC1 .Rooms overlooking the garden [at the back] a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent three very comfortable nights in this hotel. My en-suite room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Everyone I encountered was friendly and very helpful. The location of the hotel is very good. I would certainly recommend it and I will happily return there. I enjoyed my breakfasts too!! All in all it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Was recommended to go here by a family friend. It was such a lovely treat. The room was a fair size with 2 beds, an ensuite bathroom, wardrobe, fan and tv et cetera. The maid was always asking if we needed anything. The breakfast was so good and I looked forward to it every morning. The staff there are so pleasant and always ask what your plans are for the day and offer assist for tube/bus times and schedules. It is like a small family. Now when I go to London I know where I am staying and I do not have to think twice about it. It is so close to all the major attractions, good restaurants and train station!!! Totally awesome and unforgetable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ridgemount Hotel? Share your experiences!