“a true home away fro home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments

You added Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments to your Saves list
Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   116 Piccadilly, London W1J 7BJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #80 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“a true home away fro home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times, and each visit gets better. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room spacious and lovely. I just can't fault them on anything. They know who you are and how to treat you, what more can a hotel offer? I won't contemplate a visit to London without staying in this lovely venue.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the park
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Luanda, Angola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Athenaeum for 10nights. The room was spacious and well presented, and always very clean. The service was excellent, and I found the hotel staff helpful and welcoming. I especially liked the free snacks and drinks in the mini bar, which is a nice touch fitting in with the hotels "home from home" style.
I tried the afternoon tea on a Sunday which was amazing - the best I have tried. The orange blossom scones were my favourite. If you like sweet foods, order the honey afternoon tea (a few days notice required). You get extra honey based cakes and sanwiches.
I also visited the spa. The complimentary facilities are nice (steam room/sauna/jacuzzi) but i found my treatments to be pretty average.

Room Tip: If you want a park view go for a room ABOVE the third floor (otherwise youll just see tree trunks an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love this hotel,love the location,the staff,the rooms,I just can't afford to stay here as often as I would like,but if there are any special offers I'm always interested.Location great for a stroll to Piccadilly ,Buckingham Palace and Green Park.Stayed here several times over many years.So this review isn't about a specific date.

Room Tip: Looking into Green Park
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

You would expect that after a certain number of stays at ANY property, eventually you would think that they would stumble or come up short in some fashion. I have stayed at the Athenaeum now at least 5 times. I have been travelling far more frequently to London than I expected a few years ago and its been a concern of mine that if I stay too often at one property, I would eventually be dissapointed. After my stay at the Athenaeum in December 2012 with my wife and another flawless stay, I came back to do a multi country trip with my oldest daughter in May 2013. We started and ended our trip in London as we flew in and out of LHR. This was a first father/daughter trip for us, she is 22 and just graduated from her University studies. There are challanges with this kind of trip but then again this is where the Athenaeum shined. While a couple of staff members that I had known from previous stays had moved on, the one constant was the ever present and fabulous Paola. I had communitcated with her about our trip, staying at the Athenaeum on our first arrival and again at the end of our trip. She and her staff came through again just perfectly. We were shown a fantastic room with a view of Green Park and plenty of space for my daughter and I so sleeping accomodations were great. Her and the entire staffs attention to detail was once again second to none, my daughter always feeling as if she were at home. It's always great to see the friendly staff, seeing John and Jim at the door never without a smile, Regis and Marie with their fantastic service as well as the others in the bar and restaurant. Alan at the concierge, Fabio always really great to see but more importantly, helpful in any way they can. This is a true "return home" whenever I arrive at the Atenaeum whether with just my wife, daughter or entire family. Those who travel and have a need for a great location, consistency, attention to detail and someone to smile and say "welcome" as soon as you approach the front door, look no further. Next up, February 2014 I hope for a return!

Room Tip: Upper floor facing Green Park is the best. Do not overlook their restaurant for dinner, it is reall...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Winchester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I travelled to London this summer. The Anthenaeum Hotel location was close to everything. It was within walking distance to the Palace, restaurants and tour locations. The service and staff were great. They were courteous and very attentive to our needs. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Driffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We managed to get this at a reduced rate which meant we had a real treat.The staff were excellent and the rooms were immaculate.We didnt eat there but it looked very good.We didnt use the spa facilities because we just didnt have the time but we were given a quick tour of the Spa by a very helpful assistant.Overall this hotel easily met our expectations and we only wish we could have stayed longer.Personally I would not pay the full price for the hotel though it is very much in line on price with hotels of a similar calibre.Its a Northern thing!

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A very friendly hotel in a great location with a perfect view out over the park. As the weather was good, we could easily walk to tourist sites (the Palace, Picadilly Circus), shopping as well as to neighborhood restaurants in Mayfair and Belgravia. The Athenaeum's front desk and restaurant staff were very helpful, and room service proved dependable. Cabs were easy to get. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!