“Amazing. Would definitely return. Can't fault it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments

You added Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments to your Saves list
Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   116 Piccadilly, London W1J 7BJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #78 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Nottingham
“Amazing. Would definitely return. Can't fault it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com on the 'Secret Hotels' thingy so paid about £170 I think for one night (room only). It was a surprise for my Mum's birthday. I emailed the hotel beforehand to tell them, and they left a birthday card and a mini cake with a candle in the room!! So sweet.

I have never stayed in 5* before but this for us was pure luxury. Everything was perfect. Amazing staff, especially Duncan, the concierge. We stayed in the Mayfair Suite, room 1011 I think, top floor. Was PERFECT.

There is not a single complaint or a single thing I would change.

The mini bar snacks and drinks are all free of charge except the alcohol. Slippers and robes are provided.

Seriously, everything was amazing. It was proper luxury for us and in a perfect location.

I don't know how it compares with other 5* places, but for my Mum and me, this was perfection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

my wife and I stayed here last weekend. We often stay in London for the night, but this was our first visit here, and i'm very impressed. Very freindly staff, beautiful room which was very well appointed, mirrors everywhere. When we left, all the reception staff knew our name, which was a lovely touch and left us feeling warm and fuzzy. Will be back very soon without a doubt.

Room Tip: Park views are lovely, but don't get hung up if you don't get one, the staff make up for it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
cambridge, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our two small children in an apartment. It was very well equipped and the snacks, ice cream and mini bar were all included. Toys provided that were age appropriate and service was of a very high standard.

• Stayed February 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked the hotel through secret escapes. I only stayed for one night as I had an exam in London the following day. When I arrived the room was very cold. I turned the air conditioning on but it didn't make any difference. After a few hours of studying in the room I informed the staff. They brought me round an electric heater for use during the night. The room was on the ground floor at street level, and I was woken early on by the noise from the street.
Overall, the hotel looked nice and I have no complaints about the staff, but was disappointed as I expected better from a 5 star hotel. I informed the hotel on my departure, but the complaint seemed to be brushed aside

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AthenaeumHotelLondon, Manager at Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Amassey01,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us although I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the lack of heating and the noise. This must have been very frustrating, especially as you were preparing for an exam in the morning. I can assure you that we take all feedback very seriously and I am very sorry that you felt your comments were brushed aside on check-out. Therefore , should you wish to discuss your stay and feedback in more detail please do contact me directly and I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us and welcome you back to the athenaeum in the near future.
Best Wishes
Wayne Kerrin
Assistant to the General Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed her in november 2012 for a long weekend of sightseeing , shopping and seeing some shows. The location of the hotel was brilliant for most places but the welcome we received was very disappointing , the reception staff were less than helpful we arrived at the same time as some european visitors and we could hear there welcome speach and it was very extensive and informative , ours was a very basic heres your room key and which floor we were on and that was it , when we went down later to book a table in the restaurant we were told there wasnt any availability but try later , also there was a dog in the restaurant at both breakfast and in the evening which personally i didnt agree on and neither were we asked if we minded when it was virtually under our table. the room was comfortable but hardly big enough to swing a cat , all in all not what you'd expect from a hotel in mayfair , we didnt expect the red carpet treatment but surely all guests should be treated the same way , all i can say is we witnessed on several occasions a warm wlecome to overseas visitors and would hope the staff could extend that to everyone .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Misspog,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am very pleased that you enjoyed the convenient location of the athenaeum and its close proximity to many of the attractions London has to offer.
I would like to apologise for the aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations nor live up to our high standards of hospitality on which we normally pride ourselves . We do value all of our guests but I am very sorry that this was not your perception . I assure you that I will be sharing these comments with the team and reviewing in detail the points you have raised as it is only though feedback such as yours that we can continually strive to ensure that all our guests experience a high level of customer care . My apologies . I truly wish we had been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time so we could have tried to resolve this during your time with us but should you wish to contact me personally to discuss your disappointment in greater detail please do so and I do hope you may give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and welcome you back to the athenaeum in the future .
Best Wishes
Wayne Kerrin
Assistant to the General Manager
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a Secret Escapes deal. Hotel very kindly upgraded us to an apartment as it was our silver wedding anniversary. The apartment is on Down St, just round the corner, a quiet, pleasant location, but no view of the park. Very spacious apartment with small kitchen (2-ring hob, microwave possibly combi, washing machine! complete with cutlery, crockery, pans, toaster, coffeemaker etc). Large lounge area with dining table. Luxurious bed, fantastic power shower (although very small bathroom). Handily located for Green Park tube (M&S Simply Food next to tube station was useful). Just a few minutes walk across Green Park to Buckingham Palace. Service was excellent throughout. We arrived a little early but were upgraded and shown to our apartment immediately and they also gave us a later checkout when we requested it. On our anniversary they gave us a card and fairy cake, which was a nice gesture.
We would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: We found our apartment to be quiet and very spacious, the kitchen was useful, but no views of the pa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago as i had a theatre show booked and this hotel was the perfect distance from prince edwards theatre. I have stayed in all 3 sister hotels and this one is tiny compared to the others but really good. On arrival we checked in and waited 10mins for our room to be ready as we was early. We was greeted by all staff. When our room was ready we was taking up to our room by a member of staff who showed us where our room was, showed where things were and how to work the heating/aircon. Really felt welcomed.

I didnt experience the dinner or spa but did have a couple of drinks in the bar which was peaceful aas it quite and out of the way from reception so not everyone can look at you compared to the other 2 hotels.

Would deffo recoomend this is to friends and family for a stay.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the park as it is a beautiful site.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!