My partner and I booked the Athenaeum hotel through last minute.com as a top secret hotel and had a great stay this weekend.
Our greeting at reception was faultless and the receptionist took us out to our room to show us the functions and extras that the room had. We were in house 2 which is adjacent to the hotel and is made up of a series of rooms and apartments. The block has a small lift which was handy as our room was on the fourth floor.
The room itself was a great size, clean and well decorated. The soft drinks and food from the minibar are included in the price and there was a good selection of fizzy drinks, juice, water, crisps and choclate bars. The room also has robes and Ren toiletries.
The room had a large selection of pillows (all feather), I think there was 8 in total of different softness. There is also easily adjustable heating/cooling and was very quiet. The blackout curtains meant that we had a great nights sleep.
We didn't use the breakfast/afternoon tea room but we did use the whiskey bar on the Saturday night. The staff were helpful and knowledgable and the selection of drinks were great.
The location of the hotel is great, it's on the hyde park corner end of Picadilly so is within easy walking or the tube to all places within London. They were also happy to look after our cases whilst we enjoyed London on the day after our stay.
Overall we had a great stay and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **Free Wi-fi / Free mini bar soft drinks & snacks / Kids eat free when dining with an adult **The Athenaeum is the luxury London hotel with a big personality. Ideally located in Mayfair, overlooking leafy Green Park - it’s just a stroll away from Buckingham Palace, the West End and the capital's best shops. A selection of stunning rooms, suites and luxurious, homely apartments make The Athenaeum the perfect choice for families and business travellers alike. In-room facilities include complimentary soft drinks and snacks from the minibar, free Wi-Fi, Bose docking stations and flat screen TVs. Kids eat free when dining with adults. Don’t miss the award-winning afternoon tea, beautiful restaurant, cosy Whisky Bar and charming boutique spa. It is your home from home in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Splendia, LondonMarketing.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments London, England