Having stayed at the Athenaeum a couple of times before i was really looking forward to our return for New years eve. I had booked a celebration package and was delighted to receive a call on the day before we arrived asking if it was any particular event we were celebrating.
The doorman remembered my name as we arrived, i haven't been to the Hotel since February 2011 (although i was hosting a party for 20 people then) i am amazed at his memory.
Check-in was easy and friendly, Free upgrade to a Green Park Suite which as ever was both huge and lovely. The rooms are always extreemly well presented the housekeeping staff need far more credit than they ever get!
Had a room breakfast on New years day, this was well presented with the waitress spending considerable time resetting the table once she had opened it up and then arranging chairs. The hot food was perfectly cooked and still piping hot.
I had been trying to book 5 rooms for the end of February for a party but there was no availability online, i decided to enquire at reception when i was paying the bill and yes, no problem, booked for you. I had a confirmation email within seconds and can't wait to go back again.
If you need a great place to stay or especially if you are entertaining others, this is THE place in London
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **Free Wi-fi / Free mini bar soft drinks & snacks / Kids eat free when dining with an adult **The Athenaeum is the luxury London hotel with a big personality. Ideally located in Mayfair, overlooking leafy Green Park - it’s just a stroll away from Buckingham Palace, the West End and the capital's best shops. A selection of stunning rooms, suites and luxurious, homely apartments make The Athenaeum the perfect choice for families and business travellers alike. In-room facilities include complimentary soft drinks and snacks from the minibar, free Wi-Fi, Bose docking stations and flat screen TVs. Kids eat free when dining with adults. Don’t miss the award-winning afternoon tea, beautiful restaurant, cosy Whisky Bar and charming boutique spa. It is your home from home in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Occupancy Marketing, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.