“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz London

You added The Ritz London to your Saves list
The Ritz London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Piccadilly, London W1J 9BR, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Offers & Announcements
St Valentine's weekend
Ranked #28 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London UK
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had booked a one night stay as a special treat for my wifes 40th birthday and all my expectations were met easily. As I was driving there I had already made the hotel aware that I required parking, and on arrival the doorman had our luggage removed and car taken away very swiftly (the traffic wardens are a menace in the west end). Booking in was effortless and we were then taken to our room by William who also gave us a quick tour of the hotel pointing out its various amenities. Once at the room he explained that we had also been given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe executive room. The room was huge and furnished beautifully. The bed was superkingsize and very comfortable. There was ample storage space for our clothes and it was nice to see that was a selection of clothes hanger types. The rest of the rom was well appointed with a safe, minibar, writing desk & dresser. Also a sofa with 2 armchairs and a large coffee table. I had ordered a bouquet of hand tied flowers for my wife and they were of a very high quality. Sitting next to them on the table was a small birthday cake and a hand written card from the Ritz wishing my wife a happy birthday. This was quite unexpected and really was a lovely surprise. They even put a little candle to one side. It's the little things like this that make all the difference when staying at a quality hotel. It shows that the guest is being thought of as more than a source of revenue. .... As for the rest of the room, we had a view onto Piccadilly, being a townie this suited me fine, the noise from the road was negligible. Also provided was a decent size lcd TV with Sky and a Bose soundwave radio. The in house wifi was straigtforward to set up too. The bathroom was again nicely appointed with a nice selection of toiletries and very comfy bathrobes. I did think however that it was a little small in comparison to the size of the main room, (my last visit to the west end was at The Savoy and the bathroom was twice the size).
We didn't dine at the hotel as we had reservations at Le Gavroche. We did have a post meal drink in the Rivoli bar though. Very pleasant art deco style, you can easily imagine guests from the 1920s and 30's enjoying a cocktail or two here... word to the wise though, pay attention to what you order as the vintage cocktails can hit £200 each !!!! We decided to have continental breakfast in the room the following morning, again faultless. Checking out was quick and easy, although a mistake was made on the bill, which I didnt notice till later in the day. One phone call took care of that and they were of course very apologetic.
In conclusion, we had a very enjoyable stay. The staff were very attentive and easy to talk to and nothing appeared to be too much bother. The hotel is very elegant and has a very tradional English feel to it although has many hidden modern sides tucked away. Yes it is expensive, however I'm a firm believer in what you pay is what you get, and I'm very happy with what we got. Go on treat yourself or a loved one, you won't regret it........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
That is lovely. I couldn't agree more - the difference is in the detail! I do hope we can welcome you back to The Ritz for another special occasion. SB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

A couple of us took our Aunt out for her 70th birthday and it was perfect. A beautiful place with attentive and polite staff.
The food was the highest quality and kept on coming. We were stuffed by the end of it all. My Aunt is diabetic and they adjusted the food accordingly with no problems.
The icing on the cake for my Aunt was when a chauffer let my Aunt pose for a picture with his Bently outside!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband booked a night at the Ritz for my birthday as a surprise. We had champagne on the London Eye followed by the wonderful dinner dance at the Ritz. We had a superb 4 course meal, along with entertainment in the sumptious hotel restaurant. The dance band were very good as was the service from the waiters. It was a very special evening. We stayed overnight in the hotel in a beautiful spacious room,with a gorgeous bathroom. It was a holiday to remember and I would love to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had an amazing time and were thoroughly spoilt by a very thoughtful husband. Lucky you! I hope you will return to The Ritz on another happy occasion. SB
Ripon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We celebrated our Silver Wedding at The Ritz and were blown away by the amazing experience that we had. All the staff were friendly and extremely attentive, the ambience is really like going back one hundred years, the building and decor is awe-inspiring and the food is delicious. We only had breakfast and afternoon tea but I now know why this is an experience that appears on lots of peoples to do list. Just do it! It really is a superb experience. We received a free upgrade to an executive suite-beautifully decorated and an added extra was when we returned from our evening out the maid had created a rose petal heart on the bed and petals adorned the carpet! A lovely, classy touch not to mention the fruit, flowers and chocolates-all top quality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations! 25 years is a milestone worthy of celebration and it would appear that your husband thinks so too. I hope you will return to The Ritz before another 25 years have passed. I am thrilled that you had such a good time and chose to spend this special time with us. SB
exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at the Ritz with my husband the room was super as was the dinner,all of the staff were great and nothing was too much trouble I asked for a menu to be signed and as the head chef was not there they got one signed and put in the post to me.Cant wait to visit again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
And we look forward to welcoming you back! Great news. Thank you for your feedback. SB
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Everyone should experience the The Ritz Afternoon Tea. Beautiful Hotel, Superb surroundings, Staff very friendly and always happy to help. Spotlessly clean at all times. We were in a group of 8 and had a lovely table with plenty of room. Choose from the many ranges of tea and sit,relax and enjoy being waited on while you take it all in. Worth every penny!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The room was beautiful, exquisite but not too perfect. I felt at home and I loved the fireplace. The concierge service is second to none, how do they get those tickets with no notice? The Club is absolutely stunning. Oh and the shampoo makes your hair twice as thick. My only criticism is the busy tea rooms-I would like to have had an alternative place to relax.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you - Concierge at The Ritz is a marvel in its own merit and have a priceless 'black book', as well as elephantine memories. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. SB

Been to The Ritz London? Share your experiences!