“The perfect end to our honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz London

You added The Ritz London to your Saves list
The Ritz London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Piccadilly, London W1J 9BR, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 10%
Ranked #27 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“The perfect end to our honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights following 7 nights in Cuba, before flying home. From the minute we walked in (looking bedraggled and exhausted following an overnight flight) to the minute we left, we had the most amazing time. As honeymooners we had our room upgraded and they were very kind to allow us an early check in (we requested in advance).

Our room was gorgeous, and our bed very very comfortable. My husband and I like modern hotels (but had to stay at The Ritz once) but we loved the decor. The best thing about this hotel is the touches - the towels, the toiletries (probably my favourite shower gel ever!), the turn down services - and the general hotel service. Anything you want or need can and will be done.

We went for dinner in the main restaurant and the food and service were perfect. The only problem we had was we booked the three course dinner du jour when we booked the room (£50 per person) but were presented with the main menu (we didn't know that at the time) so dinner was more expensive than we had assumed - although this was not a problem it would have been good to have been told. We ended up in the Tivoli bar every evening for cocktails. This bar has some of the BEST cocktails I've had (and those nibbles are amazing), just be prepared to spend £20 a cocktail (can't deny they were worth it)!

On the last morning I did not want to leave - it was the best hotel stay I'd had. We will definitely be returning and I cannot wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Oxted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my partner fancied a romantic week end in London as we had had tickets to Robbie Williams at Wembley we took the opportunity to stay in the glitzy ritz
We arrived on Sat 29 June and checked in with ease and was shown to our beautiful room by a very observant and cheerful lady and was left in peace after a quick but informative 2 minute walk around the room and was explained if we wanted afternoon tea she has reservations for residents which normally would be a 3 month wait so I asked for 3 pm on the Monday by the time we left the room for a trip to the bar we had a letter of confirmation pushed under the door.
The room is hard to fault except our shower attachment on the bath didn't work but I couldn't really bothered to complain as we didn't want to use it and I'm sure the maintenance will sort this soon.
The good and the bad now !!!!!!

The good is ,,,,, all the staff we spoke to are excellent and lovely people and the hotel decor is outstanding and so clean no White glove needed here !!! Rooms are gorgeous and doormen so friendly and not snooty at all.

The bad but not so bad,,,,

At dinner I had a beer as was thirsty my partner was not drinking I then asked for a glass of merlot as my beef turned up but that never arrived,,, at dinner we ordered the beef for two but we were not asked how we wanted it cooked,,, at breakfast we asked for just brown toast but received a plate of mixed toast,, the breakfast is really expensive I mean £40 for eggs benedict yes a top hotel but come £40 for eggs benedict is excessive .

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my 9th stay and it was good but I have had better stays. I have not been for more than a year and there is a little bit of tiredness in the property. The staff are fantastic and they really do go out of there way to make you comfortable. The lobby bar is great and the location is sensational. It is priced at the top of the market.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bend, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We took our two children here ages 5 & 8 for a few reasons first we love London, but also to expose them to a quality level of English elegance. This hotel is not the fanciest Ritz, doesn't have state of the art fitness center or a massive lobby bar. This hotel has true beauty in every sence of the word. The staff is extremely attentive, the decor is beautiful,the style is nostalgic. This hotel will allow an American to be transformed to a time and style we simply never gt exposed to. As with any 100 year plus old hotel there are quirks but that only adds to the beauty of this hotel. Not only did my wife and myself feel this way but our children did too. It's a statement for two young children to choose this hotel over ther Ritz Kapalua!

Room Tip: Stay there
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

went here for our anniversary and it was amazing. from the moment we arrived it is so oppullent and awe inspiring. the food is outstanding, and the service is very good but not over the top, which is nice. my only critique is we ordered steak blue....it came med/rare....it still was an amazing piece of meat and was very tender, but don't ask if you have no intention of cooking it how the customer wants.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place has a special feel about it. They make you feel very special. the rooms very nice and of course the high tea. Good. It's a experience you should take once . And enjoy. I have had better high tea's but it not bad. The bar has lovely cocktails. Only down fall we had was a bag of items was stollen from the luggage room. Which we only found out at the airport. So that put a damper on things. Otherwise it was lovely. Also too subscribe to the newsletter is very interesting. They reallly look after their g

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wonderful present for a special occasion. Made to feel like treasured guests from the moment we arrived till the last minute of our stay. Styed in a superior King room, excellent bed, bathroom almost as large as the bedroom.
Then a show and cocktails back at The Ritz, a wonderful relaxing evening and breakfast the following morning. Continental breakfast which I had was excellent and a large variety of choice, My partner had the English breakfast, which he was not as impressed with. I think one rasher of bacon, one sausage, plus a tomato and mushroom for the main was somewhat overpriced, True he could have had the toast and continental breakfast but at nearly £40 each was expensive.
Afternoon tea, was much better value, an occasion just having the occasion. Tea, cakes, and sandwiches were a good selection and fresh.

We loved it from beginning to end but don't think we would return. That may be us rather than the place, as I'm not used to someone pulling out my chair for me, pushing it back in for me or placing a napkin on my knee several times. Sounds petty but for me this part grated a little.

Room Tip: We had a Superior King Size, excellent bathroom, on the third floor facing the main street, no noise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
A slightly mixed bag there, but I fully take on board your comments. The Ritz will still be here should you decide to come back after all. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. SB

Been to The Ritz London? Share your experiences!