Stayed here towards the end of september with my wife as part of her birthday treat, we were informed that the outside was being worked on which we can understand but believe that they should have considered doing the bedrooms first especially when this is where they make their money very tired looking and no sign of being painted recently.
Ate in the restaurant on the first night only one girl left to do everything as it was quite supervisor disappeared. Breakfast the first morning was a bit of work it out for yourself as no one explained. Condiments were more in keeping with a cafe than a London hotel, butter dish had signs of being used previously to serve beans in.
Overall junior staff very helpful and polite senior staff/management seemed to be not interested in guests. I say this as someone who works in the industry and it saddens me when it comes across that there is no care to attention to detail.
This is a shame when it has such a great location will I stay in another thistle property probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Hyde Park dates from Victorian times, with a cosy, relaxed atmosphere reminiscent of a Pall Mall private-member’s club. A refined, intimate building, it is a comfortable base from which to enjoy the nearby West End, Oxford Street and Mayfair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Thistle Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Hyde Park London, England
- Thistle Hyde Park Hotel London