Last time I was booked in here they transferred me to their sister hotel next door because of heating problems. This time there were no problems and to compensate they upgraded me to a larger room with a view over Hyde Park. In fact the staff were excellent and efficient throughout my stay.
The room was very grand and had a massive double bed plus two easy chairs and a balcony.
I had a really good nights sleep for a change in London.
The bathroom was fine if a little dated but then a period style hotel is always going to be a little behind the times.
Only slight downside were thebar prices - around £20 for 3 drinks - 2 G&Ts and a bottle of beer
I know London can be expensive but that seemed a little steep.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Hyde Park London
- Thistle Hyde Park Hotel London
- Thistle Hyde Park London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Hyde Park dates from Victorian times, with a cosy, relaxed atmosphere reminiscent of a Pall Mall private-member’s club. A refined, intimate building, it is a comfortable base from which to enjoy the nearby West End, Oxford Street and Mayfair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Thistle Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.