“Essentially British - Old school, detail oriented, sophisticated” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stafford London

You added The Stafford London to your Saves list
The Stafford London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-18 St. James's Place, London SW1A 1NJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #90 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Paris
“Essentially British - Old school, detail oriented, sophisticated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

The hotel sells a sense of place with a refined & traditional decor in the public areas. My room was not very big but very comfortable, including everything a Palace would offer, the intimacy as a bonus. The bathroom was cute but the shower a bit tricky for a bigger frame like mine :-).
Now, I loved my stay. I like to walk to places, sleep in a quiet environment - waking up & knowing where I traveled to while dealing with kind & helpful people. The Stafford sells just that.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

An excellent hotel. Staff were friendly, approachable and proud of their hotel. The room was of a very high standard, and the breakfast was just fantastic. The "Simply Stafford" package was well worth going for, with champagne in our room on arrival and full english breakfast thrown in.

Overall extremely highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed all very proud of our beautiful Hotel and it is a privilege to host our guests here. The Simply Stafford package is a really great option for weekend stays and my team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
the hague, netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed at the Stafford Hotel which is ideally situated to visit London as it is very centrally located. One minute from Piccadilly and near to Buckingham Palace. Helpfull staff. Clean room with marble bathroom. Breakfast room (also restaurant) is grand and breakfast was very good. As the hotel is sitauated in a cul de sac there is no traffic passing by and at night you could not hear anything. We will certainly return here. Good offers to find via booking.com.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

After full days of business meetings in the Financial District, The Stafford is a true refuge and I instantly relax coming through the entrance. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but I actually sleep better here than at home! Wonderful marbled bathrooms with plenty of towels (great bath products!). The location in terrific and the staff really goes out of their way. I get the feeling that the staff knows me and knows who I am and they always make me feel welcome. The American Bar alone is worth the visit.
In short, you don't feel lost here as I sometimes do at the larger "chain" hotels - it has the feel of a private exclusive club of which I am a member! If you are a shopper, this is a great home base.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
I'm so glad to hear that you feel at home at The Stafford as this is the atmosphere we strive for. It is our pleasure getting to know our guests personally so we can make them as welcome and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at the Stafford based on a friend's recommendation. Have been trying various London hotels for a while, and small rooms, and high prices along with stuffy lobbys dominate the landscape. At the stafford, the entrance is unobstrusive. The St James Place location is just a boon whether you want to walk out for a quick dinner after a tiring day or to get a cab. The lobby alas its London! cramped as always. The new wing in the Mews behind is excellent, clean rooms and for once a bathroom where I can stretch without hitting the wall or the roof. The staff is attentive. The american bar is well known and a good place to down a drink. Despite the location, the rooms are quiet. Very nice stay, I enjoyed a hotel in London and that has not happened in a while!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Stafford. We look forward to welcoming you 'home' again soon.
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the second time last December. We loved it just as much this time as the last. The first time we stayed in the main house this time we stayed in one of the beautiful rooms in the courtyard. They are beautifully decorated, lovely linens and towels, a splendid bathroom with wonderful shower, gorgeous homemade bisucits on arrival and the offer of tea served in the rooms, great beds, very very quiet - I could go on. We found the staff to be more than helpful at all times and the concierge desk in particular were very helpfu. And we loved the clubbey bar and enjoyed a lovely casual meal there ono our laps. We will definetely return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and we look forward to your return again soon
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I was traveling with a small child in tow. Therefore, I communicated several times BEFORE I arrived with the Concierge. The entire Concierge team was so helpful. Everything was pre-arranged, anticipated and organized by the time I checked in. Other hotels would have been tired of me and my thorough-to-an-extreme travel plans. Ironically, upon arrival and faced with an emergency (I forgot my credit cards!!) the Concierge team put me in touch with American Express and kept me calm and feeling secure. The stay at the Stafford went like clockwork. With the help of the Concierge team, I truly made the most of my time in London. We had a marvelous time. I just can't say enough about the Stafford Concierge team. Thank you so so much. Will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Thanks so much for your kind words. Frank and his team are indeed a credit to our Hotel and in fact Frank won the 'Number one Concierge in the World' award from Travel & Leisure Magazine. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to London soon.

Been to The Stafford London? Share your experiences!