“So nice to return to the Stafford” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stafford London

Save Saved
You added The Stafford London to your Saves list
The Stafford London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-18 St. James's Place, London SW1A 1NJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #82 of 1,062 Hotels in London
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“So nice to return to the Stafford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

It is almost a year since my last visit to The Stafford and sadly I was only able to stay overnight on this occasion en route from Paris. However The Stafford remains my first choice London Hotel. We received a wonderful "welcome home" when checking in and were extremely grateful for the suite upgrade. The hotel and service from its staff cannot be faulted and the introduction of coffee machine to the room since my last visit was most welcome. The hotel, rooms and particularly bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the beds must be the most comfortable that I have experienced anywhere. Excellent breakfasts. Delighted to return again.

Room Tip: Suites in the Main House are excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed for our second time at the Stafford for 4 nights last week. We were welcomed back upon check in and shown to the Deluxe King room we booked. It was spacious and bright (though not much of a view) but the bed was amazingly comfy and the AC worked - which is key in a rare London heat wave!

Like other reviewers we chose the Stafford again for its location in central St James/Mayfair, in the middle of it all but tucked away, and the staff's attention to detail…not to mention the great American Bar, clearly a hotspot for locals as well in the warm summer months. The Green Park access was also lovely for some lazy afternoons in the park & morning jogs.

Only complaint - the slamming doors each morning on our hall - perhaps a quieter closing mechanism? They really do bang!

We will return again despite that - all in all a lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Deluxe King rooms are a nice size. Stayed in a Queen the last trip and they are tight.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We visited the hotel on Saturday evening as one of our friends had vouchers from Top table. A glass of very nice champagne and three courses for £60 per head. I must say I am not a fan of eating in hotel restaurants, but after this experience I certainly have changed my mind. We had a table for six in a private area of the restaurant shared with another table for two.. We all experienced superb service, wine and some of the finest food we have had for many, many years. The eventual bill with three bottles of champagne and two bottles of Rioja was £120 per head, but money we'll spent.
The menu is not huge, probably six to eight choices per course. We will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend in London celebrating our anniversary and stayed Saturday night .........absolutely fantastic hotel ,friendly staff and superb atmosphere the American style bar is brilliant ....highly recommended,we will return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This a excellent hotel situated in a very good location next to Green Park and very upscale restaurants and shopping. The Staff is gracious and anxious to serve while display elegant class as they go about their jobs.
Rooms are good varying in size and size beds. Suggest you have clarity on the type of size bed when you book your accommodations to ensure your satisfaction. We had Room 217 overlooking the garden/Bar area. They have an excellent restaurant serving all meals and High Tea. The American bar is well known and is full service with both indoor and outside seating. The location at the end of an off street is quite and provides an escape from the London hustle. We will use this fine hotel on our future visits to London and highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband wanted to stay near Green Park/Mayfair/St. James on this trip to London so I began looking for a 5 star property that wasn't ridiculous in price. I booked my stay through the British Airways website and thought it was a very reasonable rate. When we arrived in London, we walked briefly through Green Park and easily found the opening/pathway that lead us to the front door of the Stafford. We were warmly welcomed by a lovely young man (I suspect he may have been Austrian, but not sure) who was very helpful. He escorted us to an amazingly beautiful and cozy room which served as our home on our brief stay. When my daughter and I thought we might be bumped from our BA flight a day later, her only request was that we book another night at the Stafford if we were staying longer than anticipated.

I can't say enough about the attentive, courteous, polished service we received throughout our stay as well as the comfort and elegance of the room. It was filled with all kinds of treats & extras including a small shoe polish kit, an adorable Stafford rubber duckie, and yummy chocolates. But it was the bed that remains foremost in my mind. I am not exaggerating when I report that it was THE most comfortable bed that I have EVER slept in. I felt like I was floating on a supportive cloud.

I can't report on the restaurant as we did not have breakfast included in our rate so we did not venture to try it out. Next time I book a room at the Stafford I will attempt to book it with breakfast. The next morning my daughter and I needed to store a few bags with some very expensive purchases and we had no doubt that our valuables would be safely secured by hotel staff (and were politely assured by staff). We were delighted we could explore London without having to worry about lugging our bags around or wondering about the security of our items.

My family and I are very picky about our hotels and I can happily report that I think we've finally found our home away from home while visiting London. We can't wait to return to the Stafford. I wish to personally thank the hotel manager as it was obvious to me this is a very well managed property and staff are happy and well trained. Oh yes - and I was delighted to find that the wifi was free and quite fast.

Room Tip: We had a corner room - a triple - which we greatly enjoyed.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

What an amazing experience I had at the stafford! This place is completely over the top and in the middles of everything you need. Walk to most of the London tourist sites and a few blocks from the underground.
I do not have enough superlatives for not only the hotel but the staff. The rooms are impeccable. The staff is completely friendly, and trust the concierge with any food recommendation.
Stayed for three nights to see the Monty Python reunion and I could not have made a better choice.
If I were to have one suggestion -- the "American Bar" is a nice place for a few cocktails, but I wish it were a little less formal.
I will definitely be back my next trip

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Stafford London? Share your experiences!