“Wonderful find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stafford London

You added The Stafford London to your Saves list
The Stafford London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-18 St. James's Place, London SW1A 1NJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #86 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Geneva, Switzerland
“Wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in this really delightful hotel! Very friendly welcome, pretty room with every conceivable extra, luxurious bed and linen and toiletries. Delicious breakfast. Tremendous attention to detail and super location. Will definitely return as soon as we can! Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank You for your kind review!

Our Executive Housekeeper prides herself with sourcing only the best possible British toiletries and linen and we are delighted that you have appreciated their quality. Our Food and Beverage team strives to deliver only the best of service, and we believe one of the most important aspects of luxury service is to be detail orientated, as you have kindly stated in your review.

We hope it will not be too long until you return to The Stafford as we are thrilled to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Stafford in April of last year for a long weekend. We had a fabulous stay from the moment we arrived until check-out. We stayed in a carriage house which had a lot of character and looked absolutely gorgeous. Breakfast was delivered to our room every morning on time and presentation was always lovely.

we look forward to staying at the stafford again and again!

Thank you to the whole team for making our stay so special.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the wonderful review!

it is delightful to learn that you have appreciated the quality of our service and enjoyed your stay in our unique Carriage House rooms. Our Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to learn that you liked the design and our Room Service team is very happy that your breakfast was enjoyable!

We sincerely hope you to welcome you back to the Stafford for many more long weekends to come!
ldn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Stafford London is a wonderful hotel. From entry we were made to feel welcome, all staff are friendly and accommodating! The room was also lovely! Location is great as this hotel is pretty central you can mainly walk everywhere or a tube is just around the corner too. I found no faults with this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your brilliant feedback!

As you have mentioned, we are very lucky being in the heart of St James's, adjacent to Green Park, and our team is thrilled by your comments as they pride themselves in ensuring that our guests are always exceeded.

We very much hope to welcome you back 'home' to The Stafford very soon!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very nice hotel in a great location in central London. Easy check-in, although I arrived pretty late and was the only person there at the time. Slower to check out in morning - only a couple of staff and terminals available in the lobby. Excellent small bar, with great staff. Didn't try the evening meal, but breakfasts were really good as well.

Downside was the room. High quality furnishings inside, spotlessly clean, great bathroom, but very very small. I'm used to London hotels so know what to expect, but this was something else. Hardly room to walk around the (very large) double bed. I'm absolutely sure there are much better rooms here, but hey if its pot luck what you get, then for 400 quid a night, I'd rather not take the chance. Minor quibbles, but noisy in the corridors (slamming doors, creaky steps) and the room door didn't fit well and so had to light spilling in overnight.

Has a very small gym in the basement of the stables building with OK equipment, but only really holds a couple of people. No showers or changing and you have to walk through the restaurant to get to it.

Overall, I liked the hotel a lot, plenty character, good location and helpful staff, but the room size let it down a lot and I wouldn't go back because of this. This is a top priced hotel and for that you should be confident you'll get a decent sized room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank You very much for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted about your overall experience at The Stafford London by Kempinski!

I am saddened to hear that our facilities did not match your expectations on this occasion. As The Stafford is not a purpose built hotel, all of our rooms vary in layout. We also provide outsourced Spa facilities to all of our guests which are complete with sauna, swimming pool and other full service fitness facilities. If you do wish to return, please do let us know at the time of booking your room preferences and we shall be delighted to make the arrangement for you.

We sincerely hope we can welcome you back to The Stafford in the near future!
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here at the beginning of January and loved it. This hotel and staff are really great at doing those little things which make your stay extra special. The attention to detail in the hotel is fabulous, I thought the staff throughout we're polite and conscientious and went the extra mile. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone !!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your lovely words following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your two-nights at The Stafford and very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you home again soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If seeing a mouse in the middle of a cozy dinner at a 5 star is your cup of tea then this is the place for you! Below is a summary of my stay such that you can understand why this was so poor:
1. Made the booking through Booking.com and got an email address that bounced (had to then call with my special requests)
2. I arrived in the evening walking in from Green Park station with luggage in tow and got to the doors and no doorman to help. Had to take my own bags in
3. Got offered some newspaper when I had specifically asked for on the phone for the Financial Times
4. They upgraded me to what I am told is a better room
5. I had a fairly mediocre dinner whereupon the lady that was waiting on me left half way through the meal and I was then tended to by someone else
6. The next day I asked for a late checkout at 1 pm and your staff obliged; only for me to get locked out of my room as your automated key card system was not able to extend my stay and I had to come to the front desk when it was pouring down without an umbrella
7. The crowing glory was the next day as I had my business meeting by the fireplace my guest embarrassingly pointed me to a mouse that scurried about
8. Before I left I asked for a brochure about your meeting rooms and facilities; though your manager came by she never dropped off the information
9. Finally the car that you arranged with Claremont due to poor routes taken was so late that the driver dropped me off at the subway such that I could take the Picadilly line and make it to Heathrow in time!
10. Also asked for an invoice to be emailed which never came through

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I am saddened to learn that despite our best efforts and doing our utmost to regain your confidence in The Stafford London by Kempinski, you felt the need to post your comments again. Please accept my apologies for being under the wrong impression that the email you sent was followed up efficiently and has been dealt with professionally and equally efficiently.

I am wishing you and your family a happy 2013.
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

A super location in the middle of one of the nicest districts of London , the building is a wonderfull contition , the people very friendly and the rooms wide and bride. They have a excellent roomservice and a nice sigerbar ! the backentrance overlook a magnificant yard with former stables and places for there grooms ,where transformed to nice suites , nice detail the all have names of famous racehorses

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you home again soon.

Been to The Stafford London? Share your experiences!