“Our London home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stafford London by Kempinski

Save Saved
You added The Stafford London by Kempinski to your Saves list
The Stafford London by Kempinski
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16-18 St. James's Place, London SW1A 1NJ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #86 of 1,073 hotels in London
Oundle, United Kingdom
“Our London home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Stafford is an oasis of calm in a quiet backwater just off St James's Street. We have stayed here many times and each time we arrive, we are greeted like long lost friends but with the respect that hotel guests expect. Something that rarely happens in top hotels such as this.

The rooms are excellent and The Mews suites delightful. The staff are all charming, attentive and nothing is too much trouble. If you want to see how a good Concierge works, then look no further than this hotel. They have the best Concierges we have ever encountered. Nothing, bar nothing is beyond them!!

A real highlight is the American Bar. To be able to sit outside in the middle of London and watch the world go by with a nice glass of Pol Roger - priceless.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London by Kempinski, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your so complementing review. I am so very pleased that The Stafford has become your 'home away from home'. This is what we strive for and it is comments like this that make the team proud to work at The Stafford and continue to provide a great service. Our Executive Head Concierge was particularly flattered and has shared your comments with his team.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you 'home' on many more occasions in the future.

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel is lovely and the staff is very attentive. Perfect service. However, I thought the rooms were a bit dated. There are nice touches though, I loved the rubber duck by the bath tub! I thought the menu in the restaurant was a bit too British...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London by Kempinski, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your great comments. Some rooms are more traditional in décor while others have a more modern feel as we try to meet the needs of all our guests. If you wish to return, please do let us know at the time of booking that you would prefer a slightly more contemporary room and we shall be delighted to arrange.

We very much hope to welcome you back to The Stafford in the future.
Leigh on Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just stayed the one night but had a peaceful and enjoyable time here and would certainly choose this hotel again. The bed was sublime, the linen was wonderful and the duvet and pillows made to be sunk into. We ate in the American Bar and it was a good choice as it was cosy and intimate on a dark and wet evening. I had pulled pork and very tasty it was while my husband enjoyed fish and chips, the only improvement for him would have been extra chips. The tables are low and we were given trays which added to the feeling of dining at a friends house. The situation of the hotel is lovely, hidden away, very secluded and quiet yet handy for a walk in Green Park or a trip to Fortnum and Masons.

Room Tip: I personally thought the main house was better and if the weather is bad you don't have to brave...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your so positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper (who is very particular about choosing the right products for the perfect night's sleep) and our Culinary Director were delighted to read you review. Our American Bar is a real gem and is designed to give you the feeling of being relaxed and looked after, exactly as you described.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Stafford in the hopefully not too distant future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

London hotels can be hit-and-miss affairs, but the Stafford is definitely a HIT.

I stayed here after booking a 5-star "Top Secret Hotel" on lastminute.com. I had an midday flight from Heathrow the next day, so thought I would spoil myself with dinner with a friend in London and a night at a 5-star hotel.

It was exactly what I needed. The staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating and made me feel very welcome and special. The room - oh my God! I have never slept in such an amazing bed, it was like sleeping in clouds.

I luxuriated in the marble-lined bath for longer than is good for me then indulged in room service breakfast whist reading the paper. No one knew were I was and my phone was switched off, it was 18 hours of utter, pure bliss. The staff - who knew I was having a self-indugent jolly - behaved like willing co-conspiritors.

All to soon it had to come to an end and I was en route to Heathrow.

Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My room was in the main part of the hotel. It was very quiet, if lacking a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I am delighted you were able to make the most out of your time with us here at The Stafford. Thank you for sharing your great comments. My team strives to support all our guests to make their stay as enjoyable as possible - whether you are with us to escape the hustle and bustle of every day life or to get as much work done as possible.

I very much hope to welcome you back to The Stafford very soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here our first two nights in London as part of a multi-country trip. We stayed in the main house on the 6th floor. As others have noted I believe we may have been upgraded to a Deluxe King room and our breakfast was included as well. The room was beautifully furnished and made us feel right at home. Everything was on point. The staff are impeccable. The location is great for persons wanting to see major sites. I would recommend The Stafford to anyone visiting London. Cheers!

Dear Alexandra,

Thank you very much for your complimenting comments about your stay with us. I am very pleased you found the staff to be impeccable as that makes me very proud indeed and confirms that we are focussing on the most important aspect of any hospitality business - our team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
south staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a travel zoo promotion. The hotel was just tucked off a side street in Mayfair. The room was quite small (what you expect in London) but very luxurious, bed was lovely and comfortable and extremely quiet (didnt hear any other guests at all in the room). We had complementary tea to the room which was a nice touch.
Breakfast was excellent and the staff were great/friendly.
Excellent hotel would highly recommend. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience. In my eyes it's the people that make a hotel special and I am very glad you agree. Rest assured I have shared your lovely comments with all colleagues at The Stafford.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Stafford in the future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took my wife to The Stafford for a surprise birthday treat and the surprise was well appreciated. Hotel is in a very good part of London and is close to all attractions if that is what you are after.
On arrival our room wasn't ready but the hotel took our bags (We were informed that our bags would be ready in the room but this unfortunately this didn't happen and they were left near reception in a secure room) took my number and would be contacted when ready. We took this as an opportunity to have a walk about up Jermyn street and found some very good pubs/bars especially the Red Lion.
When we returned and went to our room, it was in very good order although a little cramped (this is explained in the other reviews) but the bed was fantastic and had everything we needed.
Booked the restaurant for 1800 that evening and was waited upon with excellent service and food was very good. The Concierge that evening was very helpful and arranged for a taxi to take us to a show.
On our return we went to the American Bar and had a drink, although didn't accept the compliments that were thrust on to our table as though it was a matter of course, would of been nice to of been asked if we cared for these rather that find out later that I had been charged for something we didn't ask for. (only a minor point)
Excellent nights sleep and a very hearty breakfast with very good service again.
Overall an excellent experience and what makes it even better was the deal through last minute, which if I am honest the staff are fully aware about but still give everybody the highest courtesy.
Will be staying again (subject to offers !!)
Mr&Mrs Jones

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room ask for it to be changed, the worst is they will say no!!
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jones,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not having delivered your bags to your room prior to your return to the hotel. Rest assured this is not our usual standard and I have spoken to my Executive Head Concierge to prevent this in the future. Moreover, the bar team should have advised you more accurately as hidden charges are not our intention.
I am however very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. I believe a luxurious bed, courteous team members and a hearty breakfast are the most important assets of a great hotel.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Stafford very soon!

Been to The Stafford London by Kempinski? Share your experiences!