We were upgraded on arrival to an excellent Club room on the 9th (top) floor which
was very spacious and newly furnished to a high standard. Bathroom spotless and very well appointed.
From the hotel it is a short walk to Oxford St & Oxford Circus underground. Nevertheless, the Langham is situated in a quiet area so there was no noise intrusion in our room.
The top-hatted doorman/concierge was rather arrogant (don't try to interrupt or ask any
questions - he won't tolerate that and will throw a grimacing look if you try!!) but he failed to spoil our enjoyment of this traditional and beautifully appointed Victorian hotel. There is plenty of parking in the local streets (pay by card via phone). Restaurants, bistros and take-outs abound in this area so you won't have a problem finding something to suit your taste buds !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Langham, London located in the heart of London's West End, a short walk from Oxford circus, has been delighting guests with enchanting hospitality since opening as Europe’s first Grand Hotel in 1865. Following an £80m transformation the hotel will charm you from the moment you step inside her dazzling new lobby. Complimentary to hotel guests, enjoy use of Chuan Spa Fitness Club featuring a state-of-the-art gymnasium and a 16 meter swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, LHW, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, London Hotel London
- Langham Hotel London
- The Langham, London England