How could one go wrong with one of the oldest hotels in London? It is perfectly located near the Oxford Circus tube station which got us everywhere! We got there early in the morning and our room was ready to go, without even asking. We hired a tour guide for the day and she was waiting there for us as we arrived. We freshened up and off we went! London 101 for us. While we were out the hotel placed fresh fruit and cakes in the room, as my husbands birthday was the week before. There was also a lovely note wishing him happy birthday. It was so nice to come home to after a long day of touring.
The room, while small, was very nice with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom had heated towel racks which was a HUGE plus for me, as it was cold and was nice to have a warm towel after your shower.
The lobby was modern and full of fresh flowers that was freshened up each day. We ate breakfast at the Roux each morning. The continental breakfast was included in our rate, but we ordered the hot breakfast on top of that each day. The food was fresh and fabulous. The service was great all but Sunday. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen for long periods of time. They were very busy that day. On Saturday we had tea, which was delicious! We were so stuffed that we didn't have supper until after our show (Midnight) ! We actually ate in the Artisan and had snacks and drinks. Also fabulous! We found out that 2 days earlier they won an award for the best bar in the WORLD!!! How exciting!
The concierge was hit or miss. Some were very knowledgeable and helpful, some were not so nice and not so helpful. The best guy, I never caught his name, was an older gentleman with white hair. He was ALWAYS friendly and gave the best information. I so wish I got his name.
All in all we will be back!
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, London Hotel
- The Langham, London Hotel London
- The Langham London
- Langham Hotel London
- The Langham, London England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Langham, London located in the heart of London's West End, a short walk from Oxford circus, has been delighting guests with enchanting hospitality since opening as Europe’s first Grand Hotel in 1865. Following an £80m transformation the hotel will charm you from the moment you step inside her dazzling new lobby. Complimentary to hotel guests, enjoy use of Chuan Spa Fitness Club featuring a state-of-the-art gymnasium and a 16 meter swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LHW, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, LondonMarketing.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.