“Fabulous hotel for a birthday treat !” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BOOK HERE-MAX 15% OFF
Ranked #31 of 1,075 hotels in London
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel for a birthday treat !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our first stay at this beautiful elegant hotel on Saturday night, as a birthday treat for my husband. I had booked a couple of months ago and got a good deal, but you do have to pay up front for this offer.

Although we had a room at the cheaper end of the scale, it was an elegant room, beautifully furnished and had gorgeous curtains. And the king-size bed was soooooo very comfortable, great pillows too ! Our room and the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean.

Had our evening meal and breakfast in the Roux at the Landau restaurant; both meals were really good, nice polite helpful restaurant staff.

Bit of a wait at the check-in desk when we arrived, but we were dealt with efficiently and politely.

Overall.... definitely a 10/10 hotel ! I don't mind paying a fair price when the standard of accommodation is this good !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I took our first trip to Europe in July 2011. Our first stop was London, and we stayed at the Langham. We arrived very early and the front desk was kind enough to accommodate us immediately. The room was beautifully decorated, and the bed linens and tapestries were sumptuous. The bed itself was THE most comfortable bed I've ever experienced. In fact, I have been trying to duplicate the same bed with the same linens at home ever since, but I still haven't been able to achieve the same level of comfort and divine luxuriousness! Ever since that trip, my boyfriend and I measure all beds against the Langham bed, and none have measured up (and we travel quite extensively for work and vacation). The service was top notch; everyone was helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our first stay at The Langham Hotel Portland place but certainly wont be our last.
this is now my favourite hotel in London.
we stayed in a Langham Club Room which was spacious, well set out and very clean.
The hotel staff were polite and very helpful.
The Artesian bar was very stylish and well stocked and served a wonderful lunch.
Palm Court served an excellent Afternoon Tea which apparently it is famous for.
All facilities in the hotel were first class and whilst staying at the hotel i would urge you to book a table for Dinner at Michel Rouxs restaraunt "Roux at the Landau" which is accessed from inside the Hotel.

Room Tip: The Langham Club rooms are located on a seperate floor in the Hotel and have their own Lounge and Br...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cuckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a really good, comforatble and quiet stay at the Langham a couple of weeks ago. The breakfast in Palm Court was delicious although the seating arrangement of lots of low soft sofas and little tables is not ideal. The staff were really helpful on where to eat out locally and when I left a library book in my room, they found it and posted it back to em at no extra charge, really personal service. I missed off a star as it felt very generic and lacked personality in my view - a minor point perhaps but if you're looking for a wow factor, I'd suggest Browns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Langham many times. Everything was always perfect. I never wanted to stay anywhere else. But we just came back and I was really disappointed. Or room was tiny and it was quite uncomfortable for two people. When I went to the reception and asked why they said that the hotel was full but we come every year and made our reservation far in advance and we should have been told. Other than that the service is fantastic as always.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Grand hotel, excellent service & very comfortable rooms since it was refitted 2 years ago. Rack rate is top end - but to get an excellent discount check the top secret hotel deals on lastminute website (the langham is the only 5star hotel on regents street).
Spa is excellent way to waste a day when the weather is poor.
Breakfast is amazing

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Langham on Portland Road is a really lovely place. My wife and I stayed for a weekend and we both felt as if we had been treated like a royal couple. Great staff, clean rooms, a shower that one could actually get to function and a very nice (award winning) cocktail bar. Lovely, heated swimming pool (didn't try the spa but it looked great). However, the main feature was the bed - probably the most comfortable hotel bed we've ever tried...we almost didn't want to get up! The only gripe is the noise from a private party being held at the hotel. Nonetheless, the luxuriousness and not least the location made up for that glitch. So, for a short stay in London the extra cost is worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, London? Share your experiences!