“Seriously Good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 1,075 hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Seriously Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at The Langham twice over the last 2 weeks and was impressed each time. The Service at the front door, in the lobby and at reception set the whole tone for our stays. It was excellent. Stayed with my daughter who was equally impressed. First impressions count and this hotel had done it's homework in that regard extremely well!

Rooms and Suites were well maintained, spotless and beautifully equipped.

Service at The Artesian Bar was amazing and the Executive Lounge was run most professionally.

Must Congratulate the team at this hotel. Having lived in London before and having stayed at some amazingly good hotels this was my first visit to The Langham and I would hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Executive Lounge is great and suites are impressive
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here fore 4 nights for a recent business trip for the third time, and the Langham didn't disappoint. We checked in at 7 30 am and they were able to give us one room first - which was a great relieve after flying 13 hours to London from Hong Kong.

Location:-
The hotel is convenient located on Regent Street & Oxford Street, 2 minute walk to Oxford Circus Tube station. Location is fabulous.

Accommodations:-
Booked into a Classic Room this time, and it is average in size. Not particularly new (I believe if you book higher class you can get a refurbished room), but it was a comfortable room. The bathroom is brightly lit and shower is great. In fact the bathroom looks much newer than the rest of the room. Bed is too soft for my liking though, but king sized, which I got used to after the 2nd night. Only complain here is that I got a smoking room and it was the only one left. So it is important to specify early and get confirmation from hotel if you are not a smoker.

Dining:-
Breakfast is offered at the Palm Court (buffet style) or at Roux at the Landau (a la carte). I went to both places and prefer the Roux. You can have your yogurt and cold cuts + fruits on the buffet, but the a la carte dishes were really great. Salmon with scrambled eggs, full English Breakfast, Pancakes.... you name it. Service is excellent at both restaurants. The Artisan Bar, which I went during my last stay, is also excellent.

Facilities:-
The hotel has a nice Spa - Chuan Spa which I didn't use, but I did use the gym and sauna facilities each morning. The equipment was well maintained, and the gym can be quiet busy. They also have a pool at the langham. Steam/Sauna is quiet nice and quite hot when I went around 8 30 each morning as many Londoners also use the gym before they go to work.

Service:-
The staff at Langham were very good and all of them are courteous, professional, and nothing short of a 5-star hotel in a busy city. The concierge, however, was the Achilles' Heel during my stay this time. I made two separate requests - one was for a booking amendment and the other was a new booking for afternoon tea at the Brown's hotel - where I was told would be done and a confirmation would be sent to my room - they were done but i never received any confirmation in both cases and had to reconfirm with them myself on the next day. I thought this could be improved.

Overall the Langham is of very high standard and fares well amongst its peers of luxury hotels in London. Though the rooms may not be the newest, the services and facilities there makes up for it and it provides a very relaxing environment while I am not in meetings during the trip. I would most likely come back to the hotel again.

Room Tip: Classic rooms are okay, but can be abit worn down. Book a Grand Room and above. Also request non-s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Not doing too badly in 2013 either. Amazing Langham Martini.....a real experience as well as an astonishing taste. Make sure you take advantage of the attentive waiting staff who will do their best to accommodate your individual requirements if you actually talk to them and dont behave like a superior toff (you know who you are!!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Langham with my partner for a long weekend in London.
On arrival early afternoon our double room wasn't ready so we went out for lunch. The receptionist said she would text us when it was ready. Came back 2 hours later, not having received any text, and it was still not ready so they switched us into another one which they said was slightly better - although I'm not sure in what way as I never saw the original.
The room had some nice touches, e.g. faux suede-lined drawers so your tights don't snag, sockets for European and US plugs, a nightlight in the bathroom, tv sound relayed into bathroom with a volume control, extra-wide pillows, pull-out bedside table, directional mini reading lights over bed for reading a book without disturbing partner. All in all, very clean, comfortable and very thoughtfully designed room. They also provided in-room all the little extras that you might need without having to ask for them, e.g. sewing kit, nail kit, shoe clean kit, shower cap, tea & coffee making etc
The hotel is well located for Oxford St/ Regent St Shops and entertainments, and yet very quiet as it is in the non-commercial end of Regent St by the BBC. The hotel breakfast was very expensive and as we are not big eaters we would not do it justice; we just went to Starbucks or Costas which are nearby, along with many other decent cafes.
The lovely warm welcome of the doormen was a particular feature, although we were not greeted by other staff in our comings and goings during our stay. When the turn down service came one evening we asked her to come back in 20 mins as we were changing, but she never did. Suspect that she must have not understood.
Overall I would definitely stay here again if I could afford it. The location is unbeatable and the comfort is top class.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went here because of my father in laws 80 years birthday and we had the best stay ever - they arranged flowers, fruit and cake for him and gave him a wonderful time. The service was fantastic and the hotel is beautiful with a really nice spa-area.( Only one small thing is that the spa is not open before 8 o'clock all though we were allowed in the pool (but sauna is not warm so early).
We had breakfast in a seperat room and we were spoiled by the waiters. I can really recommend Langham and we will choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I spent the last leg of our honeymoon here and were greeted by fresh fruit and chocolates in our room upon arrival. We had a slightly upgraded room but I was shocked by how much luxury they fit into a London-sized hotel room. The level of service was amazing - with hotel staff constantly asking if there's anything they could assist with.
I think all Langhams pump the same scent into their common spaces, which was divine! Such a nice departure from busy, sometimes filthy, London.
Very easy to walk to all the top areas for shopping. Also, make sure to grab a craft cocktail at the swanky bar downstairs which is revered as one of the best in the UK!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been staying at the Langham for almost 20 years. My loyalty to that hotel is based on several unique features:

1 - the relatively large room size. London is infamous for it's small hotel rooms.
2 - The beauty of the property is also unique. It makes you feel noble.
3 - The excellent gym and swimming pool are major pluses.
4 - Last, its proximity to the park.

The service is good, but not as great as the other features. The cost of room service and breakfast are also astromical, so feel free to visit Starbucks across the street.

Overall, great property, worth a visit, if your budget allows.

Room Tip: Check the price of club rooms, because they come with breakfast and other benefits included.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Langham, London? Share your experiences!