“A wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Direct for free WiFi
Ranked #32 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel this month and had a wonderful time.
We stayed in one of the club rooms. On arrival we had priority check-in at a separate reception where we were attended to immediately, staff in the club lounge made us a coffee and gave us access to the breakfast buffet on offer. We were shown to our room, the staff carried our luggage.
We had treatments booked in the Chaun Spa in the afternoon, would recommend the Body Elements package. The therapists were very respectful, dignified and very thorough. The jacuzzi, pool and sauna is also very lovely. There is complimentary coffee/tea/juice and fruit available in the spa. Also the most amazing rainfall showers in the changing rooms!!!
In the evening we ate in the Palm Court restaurant, it was absolutely beautiful, gorgeous food, good value for money with a pianist and double bass player providing entertainment. The atmosphere was very relaxing, staff very attentive and could not fault the food. After dinner we drank in the bar in the hotel. Again staff were very attentive, there was a bit of a wait for some basil to go in my cocktail so we were given a glass of complimentary champagne whilst we waited. We were sat down in the bar shortly after by the staff and crisps and nuts were provided whilst we drank.
In the morning we enjoyed breakfast in the Roux restaurant. I had continental and then the pancakes!! The food was delicious and surroundings beautiful.
Overall after my essay we would highly recommend this hotel and definitely stay here again. Superb location and the whole experience was truly memorable.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a stay at the Langham and it was amazing.
The grandeur of the hotel itself was worth the money. Service throughout is wonderful, the room is clean and very comfortable. The hotel has thought of everything, the gym, sauna and spa are all fantastic. Breakfast was good as was the ambience and service at palm court.
I'd reccommend this hotel to anyone who feels like a treat!!

• Stayed February 2013
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stopped at The Langham on the last leg of our Honeymoon and were not disappointed.

Truely a beautiful 5* hotel. From the moment we arrived, staff were friendly and helpful, from the bell boys, to the receptionist and cleaner.

Our room was constantly kept clean and the turn down service was always done at a suitable time.

The small touches such as the fresh roses in the lobby and the decorative mirrors in the lift all help to make this hotel.

Don't question whether you should book this hotel. Just book it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

A great hotel for a special occasion or treat for someone, especially if the recipient likes pink! The hotel when you enter has fantastic flower displays and smells incredible, we saw the florists in the morning re-doing all the vases in incredible detail. We had an executive room which was great, very peaceful, big bathroom and one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in! Had lunch in the Roux which was amazing, it takes a lot to impress me now when dining out but they did, the food and the service was some of the best we have ever had, Albert and Michael should be proud! Breakfast in the Roux was brilliant as well. I was recommended the hotel which is why I booked it and I recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in London, close to everything, walking distance to the west end, liberty, shopping all around and the BBC building opposite where you will always spot someone you recognise from the TV or radio walking in and out. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Dropped into the Langham for a post work drink on a Friday evening and was not disappointed. The bar was very busy (to be expected) but managed to steal a seat at the bar. Unsure of what I fancied I asked the barman to recommend a cocktail, to which he asked what I fancied. He then mixed the most delicious gin based cocktail I have ever had, garnished with half a passion fruit and a glitter covered leaf. Olives and nuts were great also. The bar staff are undeniably professional and friendly - with one pouring a lit brandy into a glass from an unnerving height. The atmosphere is cosy yet vibrant, filled with media folks wearing Oliver Peoples glasses. A true pleasure.

The only downside was that one of my companions was asked to sign when paying with a card. (With one cloned card under her belt due to this happening in a very smart restaurant in London in the past, she was rather suspicious). On enquiring, the friendly red headed manageress(?) couldn't do enough to investigate - and with no unusual transactions on the card in question since, it proved to be legit!

Overall, the bar is a lovely and exciting place to go, but be aware you may not get a table! Will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Getting to hotel was quick and no messing about. Express train from Heathrow to Paddington, hop into a cab and 10pounds later you're at the amazing Langham London hotel. Staff very helpful, checks you in and gave us a map that made us realise we didn't make the wrong decision for staying here because the location is so central. Very close to Oxford Circus metro entrance, supermarkets, shopping and food. Room was the best out of all the 5star hotels we stayed in during our trip. Spacious, very clean, bathroom was fresh & functional. Please do keep offering your guests a kettle. Other 5star hotels don't seem to have this nowadays. Handy when you just need a cuppa. Best of all not even a whisper from the air conditioning when you sleep. The bed ohhhh.... the Best! I just wished we booked to stay longer.

Room Tip: Request level 4 and upwards. Outward facing. All rooms are very quite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love the staff's personal touches and attention to detail at The Langham. Roux at the Landau restaurant served us magnificent food and we had fun people watching in the Artisan bar for a couple of hours - indulging in their delicious cocktails. However, on this stay we unfortunately got an old mattress with a very big dip in it. I didn't notice too much when I first got into bed as housekeeping had disguised it with a feather mattress topper, but during the night as the feathers flattened I got very uncomfortable and had to resort to placing a pillow under the bottom sheet to fill-in the dip in the mattress. I can see from other reviews that some people have been given recently refurbished rooms, and so I can only draw the conclusion that we were in a room that was desperately in need of this! My tip would be to ensure that when booking you specifically ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms, as I think sleep quality is important and it will help you to get the most out of your stay at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
langham08, Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review The Langham, London and for contacting us directly with your feedback. I hope you have received my email and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Jane Lyons – Executive Assistant Manager

Been to The Langham, London? Share your experiences!