We booked a summer special package with the Langham that included complimentary breakfast, high speed internet and a complimentary room upgrade. So we were quite looking forward to staying here.
We came from Toronto, and it was a long overnight flight. We got there around 12pm and asked the front desk whether our room was ready. She said the room was vacant, but they were still cleaning the room. Knowing that we just got off an overnight flight she told us gruffly that check in time was 3pm. I asked about the room upgrade. She informed me that they had available upgrade rooms, but it doesn't show up on their computer that i was eligible. I didn't print out my receipt and she said without "proof", she wouldn't do anything for me.
It was a long wait till 3pm (because of the flight), but when we returned to the front desk, 3 other couples came and got their rooms while we just sat there till 4pm. at this point i was a little annoyed, so i found another attendant, and told him the entire story. He escorted me to the business lounge where there was internet access to print out my receipt. He was very helpful and we finally got our upgraded room just past 4pm! (even without the upgraded room, i don't know why other people got their rooms first and why it took over 4 hours to clean the room...)
The next morning, we went down for our complimentary breakfast, where we found out that again we were not eligible... back to the business lounge... after talking to different hotel staff and providing 'proof', they finally approved our complimentary breakfast (conveniently with 10 mins left before the kitchen closes)
I don't know if it's a surprise to you yet, but i didn't get my high speed internet. I didn't even bother talking to them this time. i knew i wasn't eligible without proof...
We called the concierge to help us book 2 restaurants. One for lunch and the other for dinner. It was 9pm, and the concierge said they would call tomorrow. i didn't really know why, because i thought those restaurants would still be open and taking reservations. But i assumed they knew what they were doing and didn't want to insist.
They didn't call us back, didn't message us or anything. I called the concierge, he seemed confused and didn't know what i was talking about. But hastily told me the lunch had been confirmed but wasn't able to make the reservation for dinner. When i repeated the restaurant name, he replied "huh? oh... ya... no, we weren't able to make reservations there". To me it really felt as if he didn't even know which restaurant i was talking about. But i thought it was just me and one out of two ain't too bad!
We arrive at the lunch place, and the hostess tries my first name, my last name, phone number, hotel name, hotel phone number.... nothing... no reservations for us :(
All in all, the location was pretty good, the rooms were pretty nice, but to sum it up the staff seemed a little incompetent and didn't even try to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Langham, London located in the heart of London's West End, a short walk from Oxford circus, has been delighting guests with enchanting hospitality since opening as Europe’s first Grand Hotel in 1865. Following an £80m transformation the hotel will charm you from the moment you step inside her dazzling new lobby. Complimentary to hotel guests, enjoy use of Chuan Spa Fitness Club featuring a state-of-the-art gymnasium and a 16 meter swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, London Hotel London
- Langham Hotel London
- The Langham, London England