This is a nice (but not great) hotel in a good (but not great) location. The service is competent (but not excellent) and the physical features of the hotel well done (but a tad pedestrian). In other words, while I found that little at the hotel was truly faulty, I was underwhelmed.
Strengths: the renovation of the building, the design of the bathrooms, the layout of the rooms; good Wifi; the location - as easy walk to most attractions in Bloomsbury and the West End.
Weaknesses: the little things missing at breakfast (e.g., juice); slow service at busy times; humdrum nature of the decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following a recent extensive £10 million restoration and refurbishment program at the hotel, every area of the hotel has been transformed – our bedrooms have been completely modernised with a contemporary design and vibrant soft furnishings. Our public areas reflect the new contemporary style but retain elements of the hotel’s traditional Edwardian features. London landmarks like the British Museum and Covent Garden and Oxford Street are within easy walking distance. Just five minutes from Holborn and Tottenham Court Road Tube Stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingsley By Thistle Hotel London
- Kingsley By Thistle London
- Thistle Bloomsbury
- Kingsley By Thistle Hotel London
- Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley London, England