My partner booked this ages ago for a night stay.
When she arrived after reading the reviews - she had already specified that she wanted a room at the back of the hotel - as it was considered noisy at the front. Which is true.
The booking had not catered for this and when she asked and mentioned the room request - the reception staff asked the manager - no rooms at the rear left - so they gave us a free upgrade to junior suite - at the rear.
And the upgrade was worth it - as the room was excellent - really good layout with a spacious long bedroom and fairly well sized lounge with 2 tvs and on over the bed
I was really impressed.
Service was very good when I asked for ice - straight to door in 2 mins
And when we asked for taxi - same thing.
Staff seemed nice and friendly.
One thing I marked the hotel down was that both of us experience a weird every 2 mins in the shower - it would suddenly get super hot - scald you and then get back to your preset temp.
I who like long showers had this pleasure many times !
I forgot to mention it to them actually....
Value was not bad for a central london hotel - the room was spotless
A nice dock for your iPad or iphone.
And proper a\c in room if you were staying in summer it would be very comfortable for temp.
Im very glad that we got upgraded the standard room was very pokey
I would say the suite is worth the extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following a recent extensive £10 million restoration and refurbishment program at the hotel, every area of the hotel has been transformed – our bedrooms have been completely modernised with a contemporary design and vibrant soft furnishings. Our public areas reflect the new contemporary style but retain elements of the hotel’s traditional Edwardian features. London landmarks like the British Museum and Covent Garden and Oxford Street are within easy walking distance. Just five minutes from Holborn and Tottenham Court Road Tube Stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingsley By Thistle Hotel London
- Kingsley By Thistle London
- Thistle Bloomsbury
- Kingsley By Thistle Hotel London
- Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley London, England