“Its Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Life London Aquarium

Sea Life London Aquarium
Westminster Bridge Road | County Hall, London SE1 7PB, England (Southbank)
+44 871 663 1678
Ranked #438 of 2,327 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let your imagination soar as you explore the wonderful riches of underwater life, from the beautiful coral reefs of the Indian Ocean to the dark, mysterious depths of the Atlantic and Pacific.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Its Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hype surrounding this attraction in London for me did not live up to the experience, the queue alone gives you the impression that you are really in for a treat but its just no the case. If you took the waiting out of the equation it would actually be a half decent experience for the time and money you spend. I had some friends in town and really wished we hadn’t devoted so much time on this attraction.

This is something I would possibly go back to if I had the whole afternoon to spend and just a few hours. Once you are in the experience is okay but I had expected to see something more, some of the tanks were empty and the descriptions of the content of the tanks that were occupied were missing (not all but some).

My recommendation, be prepared to queue, don't expect too much from the experience and you’ll have a lovely day.

Also for the best deals on entrance fees shop around.

Visited September 2013
MSLLA, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium. I am sorry to hear that your expectations of our attraction were not met when you visited. As I’m sure you can appreciate we do get high volumes of guests over the weekend and during the school holidays however I can see how the queues would have affected your day. We are constantly looking to improve and renovate our displays to make them more interesting for our guests so that was why some of the tanks were empty and I do apologise if this altered the enjoyment of your day.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having seen the huge queues I was expecting an amazing experience. When we went it was almost empty, which is a bonus as you wouldnt see anything if it was busy. Even with about 20 people in there, you are still vying for space and climbing over pushchairs. Its cramped and the displays need renovating especially the penguin area. The girl with the photos was stroppy when I said we didnt want one, so the experience left us feeling a bit sad.

Visited December 2013
MSLLA, Customer Service Executive at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience. You said that you felt our displays needed renovating, we believe they are anything but dull. We have an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable team of aquarists who work extremely hard and are constantly looking at ways to improve the tanks as well as replicating the creature’s natural habitat. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all feedback from our guests and look to improve for next time.
Woking, United Kingdom
“Lovely and Peaceful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked tickets for the Sea Life along with tickets for the Dungeons as it was cheaper. To be honest I'm not a big fish fan, I did enjoy the day but probably didn't appreciate it as much as others would. The one thing I liked about the aquarium was the sense of peace and calm. I could sit there and watch the fish swimming all day and listen to the calming music that's playing in the background.

In the rock pool area you are allowed to touch the starfish. I did feel sorry for the poor starfish as there were so many children sticking there hands in a prodding it.

They sell ice cream inside but have a lack of bins to throw away rubbish so I had to carry that around for a while until I found a bin behind a till somewhere.

Overall a good family day out.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us. Thank you for all of your comments, we really appreciate the time you have taken to write in!
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
“So alive and wanderfull life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I loved it, loved it, loved it. Especially penguins, they are like in Happy feet. Every time I go to London I visit that place although it's expensive but I do not care. Recommend every family to bring their kids to see it.

Visited December 2012
MSLLA, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium. It’s great to hear you had a fun visit! We’d love it if our penguins could really dance like in the film! But they are just as happy diving in and out of the water in their home with us!
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Great for kids But Not Great For Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The sea life aquarium is one of the most busiest attractions for kids in London so obviously lots of people wanted to get there nice and early on a school half-term day as they knew it would be very busy. I went there with one elderly person and 2 young kids. At first we had gone to the aquarium but unfourtunatly it was too crowded and the staff were not letting anyone in (this was at about 11am). So, we had lunch and decided to try again in an hour. We went again and luckily was able to get a place in the que. When the staff said that it would be an hour's wait i was shocked as the que did not look like an hour's wait. But let me tell you now when they mean an hour they mean an hour as once you get inside you see the que go around the whole of the reception- which was VERY big. When we got to the till we saw that it was very pricey. for example a child was about £20 and adult about £25. the price would have been £90 if it wasn't for the kelloggs cearel box vouchers which luckily reduced the price to £30 (the price of just over 1 adult ticket)!!! However when you get inside the actual aquarium it's absolutely AMAZING. The kids loved it and were constantly looking at different fishes. I enjoyed it as each section of the aquarium was given a funny little title e.g Nemo's Kingdom which was the best part. I would reccomend this to all but look for any offers as i wouldn't have easily paid £90 for 4 people. Also, though it was very cold at that time of year i would reccomend light clothing as some sections are VERY HOT due to the animals conditions.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! As you have said, we do get extremely busy over the weekend and during school holidays but I can appreciate how this may have affected your day! I’m so glad that you enjoyed the experience once you were inside.