“Suprisingly Good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HMS Belfast

HMS Belfast
Tooley Street, London SE1 2JH, England (London Bridge)
+44 20 7940 6300
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 853 Attractions in London
Type: Historic Sites, Military Museums, Ships, Museums
Activities: Getting married
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 1938, this cruiser served in World War II, playing a major role in the sinking of the German battle ship "Scharnhorst" in the Normandy landings.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Suprisingly Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

After being dragged to see this by my teenage son, I was expecting a very boring morning. However, the way that they have recreated how life was on board was very interesting. There are a LOT of very steep steps so not recommended for the less mobile and also don't go if you're claustrophobic as the engine room especially is very cramped. We also thought that we were lost at some point but a very nice lady at the children's T-Shirt making showed us the way out!
If you are interested in Maritime history, do not miss but go early as it's easier to get around and fairly quiet. We arrived when it opened at 10am and by the time we left at about noon there was a queue to get in.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“Wish I'd visited years ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

After having a lunch treat with their dad during the holidays,route home past the Belfast was echoed with "can we go on there one day mum?" Bowing to peer pressure I'd honestly thought I'd resorted to being bored to tears for the next 2 hours....... How wrong I was. Interesting things to see read & hear. A typical 'girlie girl' I anticipated being dragged around by my boys feigning interest..... Wrong! All of us equally interested as each other. Great, great thing to do in London. I live miles down the road and cannot believe I hadn't done this years ago!
Little tip for the ladies however..... A pretty dress and flip flops for lunch are NOT ideal apparel for the VERY steep steps all over the ship!

Retford, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“why have I not done this sooner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Really enjoyed it. I've been to London and done lots of museums and this is in my all top favourite. Give yourself at least half a day, its not something to be rushed, there's too much to see. Plenty of toilets, café inside ship. At some point I did see a disabled lift but I'd look into it more if this is a service you require with regards to how restrictive it would be. There are lots of cabins, rooms etc ... to go in and its all set out like it used to be. fantastic. Audio guides are free. If your going by train check out the "days out guide 2 for 1 London" website (I always check on here for discounts into places in London), you can get one person in free. It's ace, get it done!

Barcelona, Spain
3 attraction reviews
“Great, but got lost on board!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Really enjoyed this experience, but they got bored. (Ages 5 and 8) although they enjoyed the initial experience, the stairs were (obviously) steep and scary for a parent to watch children. We got lost and ended up in the bowels of the ship when trying to get out. A laugh at first, but when tired kids start kicking off, you just want to find a quick out. Staff were on hand to help on decks, but not on lower decks when trying to work out where we were. Probably more our fault than anyone else. Worth a visit to see how a ship that size could hold that many people and would definitely go back when children are older and could appreciate it more.

Visited August 2014
“A day well spent. Also a good workout.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

HMS Belfast, at the time we went was busy but not crowded. The 'phones' you can get, included in the price, are very informative and well worth while. Took us a good 4 hours, we could have taken longer but had other visits planned. Loved the cat in the hammock and certainly gave the feeling of going back in time. Look out for the rat! A very enjoyable day out.