“Last Minute Great Deal at Saco Fleet Street (Crane Court)” 4 of 5 stars

SACO Fleet St - Crane Court
1 Crane Court, London EC4A 2EJ, England   |
Ranked #415 of 663 Specialty Lodging in London
New York
“Last Minute Great Deal at Saco Fleet Street (Crane Court)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently had a new (and very successful) experience staying in a serviced studio apartment in London. I'll admit to being somewhat concerned about the location (just of Fleet St -- one of the busiest and therefore noisiest streets in he city) and not staying in a hotel with full services. I need not have been worried.

The rate for the each of 2 nights was Pds 162 -- a steal compared to other accommodation of similar quality/location -- thanks to www.laterooms.com. The booking process was efficient and the online help courteous, informed and professional. In addition, I requested a high floor (to be away from the garbage carts, etc) and was duly located on the 12th floor. I didn't hear any noise.

The studio is small but very well thought out and appointed -- with everything you could possibly want. TV, wifi, speakers for an iPhone, DVD, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, ample kitchenware, tableware, etc -- all seemingly new and spotlessly clean.

Thoughtfully, the fridge was stocked with water, long-life milk and there was at least coffee and cereal sufficient for my 2 days.

The only thing missing (on the rare days it's hot) is A/C -- but at least there was a fan.

Bed, sofa, and all furniture attractive and comfortable. Bathroom, spacious and well designed with high quality fixtures.

I'd stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Fleet St - Crane Court, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SACO Crane Court. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the booking process was efficient with all the information needed to book the accommodation.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to SACO in the foreseeable future.

Best Regards,

Lilian Clarke
Apartment Manager

Families
Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Pros: The apartment was nearly exactly as described, and the kitchen functioned well/was very well stocked, which was what I needed it for. The shower was lovely, nice toiletries were provided and the whole place was very clean. The internet help staff were great, very helpful and not pushy. It was located just off thee Central line, so it's very easy to get the underground to anywhere in central London.

Cons: The internet was extremely expensive (£15/week, and I didn't even stay the whole week!). The instructions given on the confirmation sheet were out of date, so the place was difficult to find when I arrived late at night. Being next to Fleet Street, you can hear the constant drone of traffic, ambulances, waste disposal trucks, even the entire conversations of people outside the windows. This, combined with a very hard bed and pillows, and blinds that don't keep out much light, did not make for a pleasant night's sleep. But then, I am a very light sleeper.

Overall, this is a good value for London for anyone who wants to avoid hotels, have a bit more space to themselves and be able to cook their own meals. It seemed to be in a very safe area, with plenty of markets and shops, just far from a quite one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Fleet St - Crane Court, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review SACO CRANE COURT. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and were impressed by the size of our apartments and the amenities provided. In reference to the internet, we believe we offer fairly competitive prices compared to hotels but always review comments made by our guests regarding our pricing. I am sorry to hear you found it difficult to find the property because of our confirmation sheets. We always tailor the instructions as if we ourselves are the guests in order to be found easily by our guests. Having looked at what instructions we currently have, I can assure you they are as simplistic as possible. Regarding the bedroom blinds, we have taken on feedback from guests and have recently installed blackout blinds in the apartments which eleviate this problem. Unfortunately due to the Central London location, there will be some level of noise which is unavoidable. However, we have other apartments quite close to the Crane Court apartments (Red Lion Court) which are tucked further away from the road which you will find are much quieter.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Lilian Clarke
biztraveler201
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I've used SACO before visiting London for business, and I've always been pleased. I wasn't this time either. For this visit, I took a studio apartment at Fleet Street. It's on a quiet side street in the newspaper/media district. Not a touristy spot, and not a lot of late night action, but a couple of nice wine bars and pubs.

The apartment was small, as most in London are. It did have all the amenities: tele, nice bed, good water pressure shower, nice furniture, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, wifi. No A/C from what I could tell, which is the only 4 star issue. I was in the basement, so I got no breeze from the window during a heat streak.

The SACO folks are great at helping find a place. I like the Holborn location neigborhood better, but Fleet is great if you have business in the area or are a tourist and want a quiet area to retreat but on the same (Central Line) tube line as Oxford Circus, Nob HIll, and the White City Westfield Mall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to SACO Fleet St - Crane Court? Share your experiences!