Just came back from a 5 night stay at tune hotels, in Westminster. These are my thoughts:
The hotel is located literally across the road from Lambeth North Tube station, which is on the Bakerloo line. This is the main reason why I choose this hotel, apart from the low price. Lambeth North is only a couple of stops away from Waterloo, Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Circus. This means you 8 minutes away from Central London.
Be warned, THE ROOMS ARE REALLY REALLY SMALL. So if you’re going to be 2 in the room, please ensure that you feel TOTALLY comfortable with the other person, the bathroom door is white transparent, and the double bed is a small double bed so you will be quiet close to each other. But it’s ok if your fine with living in a room which is 9sq meters. However, on the positive side, the room was immaculate clean and brand new.
The bed was really comfy, and the hotel is quiet. You will hear no noises in the corridor that will wake you up.
Reception was great, there is one particular receptionist called Elly if I remember well, she was really sweet and helpful. Also they cleaned our room for free mid way of our stay, which was a nice touch.
There is no breakfast available, except for vending machine with Snacks. BUT! there is a small grocer right across the road (cost cutter) and SPAR a little bit further down. Also, there is Costa Coffee right next door for some fresh coffee.
Since we were not in the centre of London there was no night life at all (as expected), there isnt anything to do in the neighbourhood except for an Italian restaurant called Cotto which is OK. But this isn’t really an issue with tube across the road.
Just beware of the extra costs such as early check in which was 15 pounds (not too bad). 10 pounds for internet for the whole stay and 2 pounds to use the safe.
We paid 35 pounds a night, which is a great price for central London. I personally think it’s REALLY WORTH IT, if your ok with living in a really confined room then GO FOR IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractions at doorstep. Located in the heart of London with Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament,and a host of museums nearby.Within 10 minutes walk Imperial War Museum - 0.4 mile London Eye - 0.4 mile Westminster Bridge - 0.4 mile St. Thomas' Hospital - 0.5 mile Southbank Centre - 0.6 mile,Royal Festival Hall - 0.7 mile."Experience Tune Hotels, your 5-star bed at a one-star price" All hotels feature space-efficient, streamlined rooms focusing on high-quality basics. Rooms vary in size from 6 to 8 sq metres and are equipped with a double or two single Hypnos beds (the type you'll find in five-star hotels). Every room has an en-suite with a power shower, air conditioning and heating with individual control. The £10.00 add-on package is included in the online booking price which includes the television, wireless internet access, a towel, toiletries and use of the in-room safe. Early check-in and late check-out are available for £15.00 and luggage storage costs £2.50 per bag / per day.Daily housekeeping is also available at £8.00, through for long stays guests, rooms are cleaned on day four of your stay and every three days thereafter (included in the rate). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Tune Hotel - Westminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels - Westminster Hotel London
- Tune Hotel - Westminster London, England