“Fabulous building, good service, average room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Save Saved
You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #194 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Brooklyn, New York
“Fabulous building, good service, average room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel for one night as I was taking the Eurostar out the next morning. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The outside is amazing and they have done a great job restoring the inside. The public spaces are immaculate. The staff seems to love to show off some of the historic aspects of the hotel such as the stairway (pictured above) and the restaurant.

The rooms though are back behind the pretty stuff in an average hotel-like wing. My room was fine but nothing special compared to the glamour that greets you when you arrive at the hotel. There was a step between the entryway to the room and the main portion of the room with the bathroom being off of the upper portion. Definitely not accessible. My room overlooked an interior courtyard that looks like it holds events but nothing occurred during my stay.

I did not interact much with the staff but checking in and out was easy and the staff helpful. This hotel is the front of St Pancras Station so it is perfect if you are travelling in or out of London by train. There may even be an entrance/exit directly from the interior of the station (second floor) but I went out the front of the hotel, walked a few steps and entered the station from the street side. The hotel is also directly on top of the tube station. Very convenient all around.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary tours, which really bring the history of the building to life. As you say, the location of the hotel works perfectly for those travelling by Eurostar, and we do indeed have an exit (from the Booking Office) that leads directly out onto the upper concourse of the station. You may be interested to know that we actually offer a complimentary Eurostar VIP Transfer Service guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times (all on business.) It is my favorite hotel in London and I try to stay here every time.

Positives:
- Excellent location if you need to travel to multiple parts of great London. It is a few tube stops to the City, West End, and most points in between, and is a major hub for both trains north and most major tube lines.
- It has a great "feel." It is meant to fit into the somewhat new St Pancras train station, and it has the feel of an old Pullman hotel with modern conveniences
- It sits right on top of the station. Not only is this good for transportation, but if you want to grab a small bite to eat, you have easy access to all the cafes and shops in the station
- Excellent gym. ~ 7 cardio machines (and I have never seen them all used) and ~7-8 weights machines + free weights. Gym is not massive, and appears to be open to local members, but I have never seen it packed, even in the winter;
- Breakfast buffet is unbelievably good. If you are a Gold member and have access to this for free, then it is the steal of the century
- Staff is good and helpful
- Wifi is high quality

Negatives:
- If (like me) you like to go for an outside run for exercise, you don't have great options. Regents Park is a two mile run away. Once you get there it is nice, but the run there and back is very crowded and full of traffic. Hotels closer to the Thames or to Hyde Park (or even Oxford Circus) offer better options here.
- It is remarkably difficult to find. Obviously not a problem for repeat visits, but the first time you stay, make sure you have good instructions, especially if you are arriving by tube or train.
- The power outlets in the room are unreliable. About half the time I have stayed, there has been issues. (They are good about fixing it quickly.)
- In the evening, the bar/restaurant in the hotel is packed and very, very, very loud.
- Rooms themselves are nice, but the lighting is inadequate. I have had to use the flashlight function on my iphone to find things, even with all the lights on.

Still, the negatives are very small. Not many comments on the room themselves - they are about what you would expect. Neither good nor bad. Overall, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms differ a lot. I prefer the ones up high that face west. this brings in some natural ligh...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this fantastic and detailed feedback! I am always delighted to hear from our loyal guests and great to learn this your favourite hotel in London! I am pleased to hear our breakfast buffet continues to impress alongside the level of service from the staff team. In regards to your comments about running, do speak with our concierge team when you next return, and they can highlight the path that runs alongside the Regents Canal behind the hotel. It is a great track and perfect for runners. Our Engineering team are currently looking into our lighting options in the bedrooms, including energy efficient lighting and alternative lampshades to provide more light, so I do hope to have an update for you on this next time. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Upon arrival at this recently restored Victorian we were immediately impressed by the décor and obliging staff. Having stayed at many hotels throughout London I have learnt to reserve my judgement until arriving at the room as so often the lavishness is reserved for the reception area alone. I was however very pleased to discover that at the St Pancras Renaissance the luxury was consistent throughout, the bedroom and ensuite were both spacious (London hotel rooms can sometimes be described as little more than shoeboxes) and the facilities that you would expect were all of an obvious high quality. We spent the evening at the ticket office restaurant were again we were impressed by the attentive staff and the quality of food, wine and entertainment. All in all and very enjoyable experience

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the attentiveness of the staff. The team pride themselves on creating wonderful memories for our guests, so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience. Great to learn you were able to spend sometime in the Booking Office bar and restaurant, the original tickets office for the train station. I do hope you were able to try one of our infamous Victorian inspired punches?! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We held our wedding here, which was superbly organised and we would unreservedly recommend the hotel for those thinking of doing the same. Sticking to the room, we had a Chambers Suite for our wedding night and it was out of this world. Spacious, comfortable, and with a sense you were somewhere very special. Comfortable bed and great bathroom, even if absence of door for when you're using the toilet is a bit odd. Breakfast in Chambers Club great too. A great place and fantastic memories.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear your wedding ran so smoothly and the building now holds such special memories for you both. Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your night in Chambers, as you say, the range of luxury suites are perfect for wedding couples! Thank you again for these great comments and I do hope to welcome you both back (perhaps for your anniversary!) in the near future!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. The location is special - obviously great for Eurostar, and there's the buzz of being close to a busy station, with a great selection of restaurants and shops. The renovations and refurbishments make for an interesting and exciting ambience. The staff's attitude is warm, helpful and attentive. We did have a problem with inaccurate advice from the concierge, but took this up in our feedback to the hotel management. The room was fine, nothing special given the price, and very poorly lit; the bathroom was better lit. Small problems with plumbing and a missing light bulb - nothing major, but at the price and the 5 star rating disappointing to find lack of attention to detail. Also, when we arrived for breakfast at the published start time we found that it was still being set up, which delayed us. All this we fed back to the management and got a prompt response. Without the location we probably wouldn't bother to use it again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this helpful feedback. Great to hear your kind comments regarding the hotel’s location and the level of service you received from the staff. I am pleased to hear my management team have already been in touch regarding your other comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel exudes Victorian history and is worth staying at just to marvel at the architecture and decor. But, it also has a very accommodating staff and very comfortable rooms. The bars and restaurants are all great and I highly recommend eating at the acclaimed Gilbert Scott. The food is extraordinary!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. Great to hear you were able to dine in The Gilbert Scott and would highly recommend the experience! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an event at the O2. Let me say immediately that the hotel is NOT near the O2 - about 35 minutes on Northern and Jubilee lines - but we have always wanted to stay once we knew it was being renovated from is previous derelict state and this was a great excuse!

On arrival we were greeted and dealt with promptly, efficiently and in a friendly manner. The reception is in what used to be the taxi area; behind this is the original ticket office which forms the bar and restaurant. Behind this is the upper level of the station where Eurostar trains arrive and depart.

Many have said this but forgive me for saying again... this is a beautifully restored building. The quality of workmanship in both the original construction and the renovation is exquisite. If nothing else, just go here to have a drink / afternoon tea and have a look around the public areas and the station terminus. If you like architecture, you will not be disappointed.

We had a standard room for one night that was extremely clean, quiet and well appointed with everything you would expect. The ensuite was in good condition and had the benefit of a shower (which we prefer to a bath) designed with the ability to turn the water on and get the temperature right before you get wet. Small things but helpful.

We returned after the event to the bar which had live DJ and a good selection of drinks. Service was excellent.

Breakfast on the Sunday is served to 12:00. After a leisurely lay-in we had an excellent breakfast with attentive service and good selection of items. A la carte options are a good choice.

Overall a good quality hotel in London that we would return to.

Room Tip: Normally we would recommend a room away from the halls but in this case the one we had (first one in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for these fantastic comments! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent and chose to stay with us despite not being the closest hotel choice for the O2! Great to hear you were able to make the most of the Booking Office on your return to the hotel. With a late license until 3am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, it makes an ideal late night venue! You may be interested to know, that as well as offering acoustic live music (from 7pm) and a DJ (from 10pm) we also host a number of larger scale music event throughout the year. Previous performers have included Kodaline, Paloma Faith, Vintage Trouble, Gavin DeGraw and Josh Kumra. Do keep an eye on our Facebook page to be kept updated on future events! Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!