“A treat overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Save Saved
You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #196 of 1,063 Hotels in London
UK
“A treat overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here overnight because a) wanted to see the famous restore interiors and b) very convenient location just down from Euston.
Had a meal in the booking office bar - which had a great atmosphere. Hope to sample the Gilbert Scott restaurant on next visit. Hope to return for a longer visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thanks for your great feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Great to learn you were able to enjoy the Booking Office, which as I am sure was explained, was the original ticket hall for the station. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I wanted to treat my husband to a night out in our home town and looked at a range of hotels in London before settling on the St Pancras Renaissance. One of the deciding factors was certainly the communications I had with the charming and efficient James of Guest Services. I don't know how much he is paid but it is most certainly not enough. He is a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. At the Renaissance, all the staff were exemplary in their professionalism and level of service. The Chambers club staff were particularly good as they combined good service with good humour and made our stay really enjoyable. The hotel itself is also worth a visit in terms of its historical significance. The spa is clean and relaxing and the rooms filled with little attentions to detail which added to the overall experience. We had a view over the Eurostar terminal and the trains which we loved. A really unusual room with a view. The only downside for us was the lunch at the Gilbert Scott. We went for the cheap and cheerful Sunday lunch at £27 so I was not expecting haute cuisine, but by the time we'd had a glass of Champagne each, the service and cover charges brought the bill up to nearly £100. For what we actually consumed and the very slow service, this was disappointing - but in no way a reflection of the quality to be found in the rest of the hotel. We were only there for a few hours but we came home feeling relaxed and happy. We would definitely return. It would be an ideal pitstop for anyone travelling through London using Eurostar, but it's also a destination in itself.

Room Tip: All the Chambers club rooms are wonderful and overlook the Eurostar trains. Clearly you cannot open...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were particularly impressed by the level of service you received during your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to highlight James, who was thrilled to be mentioned and who I was pleased to be able to recognise personally as a result of your comments. We are proud to offer a range of dining options at the hotel, including the Booking Office, Hansom Lounge and The Platform Café. Operated by acclaimed British Chef, Marcus Wareing, The Gilbert Scott regularly receives rave reviews and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. Should you wish to discuss further, please contact the team on chantellenicholson@marcuswareingrestaurants.com. Great to hear you were able to make the most of the spa during your stay and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The building is dramatic and has been majestically renovated.
Due to the age of the buildings, the rooms are not large, but they are comfortable and tastefully set out.
The breakfast is sumptuous and the main areas is busy and buzzy.
The staff are attentive.
The bar is vibrant and appears to attract residents and non residents.
The only downside is an issue which luckily is becoming increasingly rare in hotels now - In this hotel you have to pay for Wifi access.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for these great comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and were especially impressed by the attentiveness of staff and the Booking Office bar and restaurant. As you say, the space, which is open from 6am until 3am (at weekends) is hugely popular with both guests and visitors. I do hope you were able to enjoy one of our Victorian inspired punches while you were here?! Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance a couple of weeks ago. The hotel is magnificent and the service was first class. Anka and Oana in the Club provided outstanding service for breakfast and at other times- immediately fulfilling our requests and knowing all of our preferences after just the first day. Jeffrey in the bar was terrific- mixing up some fabulous drinks and sharing insights about London. The concierge was very helpful in arranging for theater tickets and hard-to-get football (soccer) tickets.

We very much look forward to our next stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed you recent stay with us and felt the service levels were first class throughout. Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Anka, Oana and Jeffrey, who were delighted to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize them personally as a result of your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed in this wonderful ,historic building for a birthday .It was stunning in every sense .The food was terrific in the Booking Office ,the service was first class and the choice for breakfast was excellent . The room was very spacious with all the facilities for a brilliant stay.
The tour of the hotel which was included as part of the deal was fascinating .We relived the glorious days when the hotel was one of the most important buildings in the city .The guide has such a wealth of knowledge I would even be tempted to repeat it .
The views of St Pancreas ,Kings Cross and the Town Hall created some excellent photographs .
The location is very good within walking distance of theatres ,restaurants and famous landmarks .
I can't wait to revisit .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted to hear you had such a good stay and were especially impressed by the complimentary historic tour. Great to learn you were able to get some good photos during your stay. If you haven’t already, it would be lovely if you could share them on Social Media (follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on @StPancrasRen). Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was our first visit to the hotel and we will certainly be staying again. From the moment we approached the hotel to be greeted by the staff we felt looked after.
The check in was faultless (thank you Theresa) and we were pleasantly surprised by the acknowledgement of my wife's birthday.
I inquired about the Grand Staircase whilst being accompanied to our room by Oscar, he willingly volunteered to show us where it was as well as pointing out other features of the hotel.
Found the food to be excellent and the buffet breakfast in the booking office offered splendid choice.
The weekend ended all to soon looking forward to planning our next stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and felt thoroughly looked after throughout your stay. Thank you for highlighting Theresa and Oscar, who were both thrilled to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognise them personally. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night in December after visiting Winter Wonderland and before going to Disneyland Paris the following morning, it is the perfect location for the Eurostar. The staff were very polite upon arrival and took our luggage up to the room for us. The room was clean and the bed was big and very comfy! The bathroom was also clean and the shower was easy to use. It was my 21st and they had put a complimentary dessert in the room for me which was a nice touch. We opted for the breakfast which even though it was quite expensive, it was worth it. The continental and cooked breakfast were both very nice. We had room service and again the food was nice, maybe a little pricey, but it arrived quickly. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and i wish we had been able to stay a little longer to use some of the other facilites. Maybe not the cheapest place to stay but it was very pleasant and i would recommend! Hopefully one day i will be able to afford to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 21st Birthday and pleased to hear you had such a good time. Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and so I’m glad to hear the dessert was well received! As you say, the location is ideal for guests travelling on to Paris via Eurostar and you may be interested to know for future trips that we offer a complimentary VIP Eurostar transfer service to guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!