“First Impressions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Save Saved
You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #174 of 1,073 hotels in London
Derby, United Kingdom
“First Impressions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was our first visit to the hotel and we will certainly be staying again. From the moment we approached the hotel to be greeted by the staff we felt looked after.
The check in was faultless (thank you Theresa) and we were pleasantly surprised by the acknowledgement of my wife's birthday.
I inquired about the Grand Staircase whilst being accompanied to our room by Oscar, he willingly volunteered to show us where it was as well as pointing out other features of the hotel.
Found the food to be excellent and the buffet breakfast in the booking office offered splendid choice.
The weekend ended all to soon looking forward to planning our next stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and felt thoroughly looked after throughout your stay. Thank you for highlighting Theresa and Oscar, who were both thrilled to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognise them personally. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

1,471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Turkish first
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night in December after visiting Winter Wonderland and before going to Disneyland Paris the following morning, it is the perfect location for the Eurostar. The staff were very polite upon arrival and took our luggage up to the room for us. The room was clean and the bed was big and very comfy! The bathroom was also clean and the shower was easy to use. It was my 21st and they had put a complimentary dessert in the room for me which was a nice touch. We opted for the breakfast which even though it was quite expensive, it was worth it. The continental and cooked breakfast were both very nice. We had room service and again the food was nice, maybe a little pricey, but it arrived quickly. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and i wish we had been able to stay a little longer to use some of the other facilites. Maybe not the cheapest place to stay but it was very pleasant and i would recommend! Hopefully one day i will be able to afford to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 21st Birthday and pleased to hear you had such a good time. Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and so I’m glad to hear the dessert was well received! As you say, the location is ideal for guests travelling on to Paris via Eurostar and you may be interested to know for future trips that we offer a complimentary VIP Eurostar transfer service to guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We use the hotel regularly mostly for business & occasionally for pleasure but we feel at home every single time. First impressions are key and Ruggero & his colleagues impress from the outset. Livia Carvalho is an efficient, professional with incredible energy looking after us & thinking ahead to our needs even before we know we are in need!
Daniel took time to show me the Ladies Smoking Room whilst my partner was in a business meeting & nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was fantastic & we cannot wait to return.
Tony as ever will be back whenever business in London calls - no where else can compare.
We love the fact thast our car does not have to be driven to an external car park.
Thank you to all of the team.

Room Tip: Try to utilise the Chambers Club for meetings & a quiet exclusive facility with a lovely breakfa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am always delighted to hear from a regular guest and am pleased to learn your recent stay lived up to expectations built on your previous experiences. Thank you for taking the time to highlight Ruggero, Livia and Daniel. I was delighted to be able to recognize them personally as a result and they were thrilled to be mentioned. Thanks again for your lovely comments and we look forward to your return.
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Whist i have eaten many times at this hotel, this was my first night's stay there. I was travelling alone and whilst this seemed to surprize the staff they seemed to take extra good care of me. My usual experience is that hotels and restaurants stick the lone traveller behind a pillar ! The doormen were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. The concierge and reception staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

My room was really quite nice - I did not upgrade to one of the more traditional and luxurious ones though it was nice to be given the opportunity. I have to say that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your recent stay with us. As a team, we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and so I’m pleased to hear you felt the staff went out of their way to ensure you had a good trip. Great to learn you would definitely return and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The whole St Pancras renovation has to make you proud to be British.The work and engineering excellence in originally building the Station Hotel is now matched by its breath-taking restoration. All the important original features have been retained. Found the reception service to be efficient and friendly. The rooms are new so as would be expected are clean,well equipped and generous in size. Only negative was the strong cooking fat smell on the corridor near to the lifts. Enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the hotel and taking a good look at the restored grand staircase a must if staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were so impressed by the restoration of the building. I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours we offer to guests, which really bring the history of the building to life. Great to hear you found the staff to be so friendly and efficient and that you were able to enjoy breakfast in the Booking Office, which as I am sure you were told, was the original ticket office for the station. Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 173 in the Chambers section of the hotel which included the Chambers Club; definitely worth paying the extra for. The view was excellent overlooking the concourse of the station and had a beautiful high ceiling.Commendation should go to Marta,on front desk, Edward who assisted with our luggage and was very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel, and Dan in the Chambers Club all who made our visit pleasant and enjoyable.

We are looking forward to our next visit.

Well done!!

Room Tip: An excellent view from Room 173; the room itself is relatively spacious with wonderful high ceilings...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt your stay in Chambers was excellent value. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the view from your station facing room, and do hope you were able to see the new Terrace Wires art project being installed on the upper concourse?! Thank you so much for highlighting Marta, Edward and Dan who were thrilled to be mentioned personally. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Hassocks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've just returned from our stay at this beautiful hotel. The service is professional, very attentive and it was nice to see the pride the staff had in their hotel.
As Platinum guests we were initially hoping for an upgrade from the Barlow room, which was nice but no where near as special as the Chambers Suites. As the stay was a treat I decided to pay the upgrade fee. We were advised there was overnight engineering works on the platforms below so only one Chambers suite was available so it cost £160 to upgrade, a bit more than the £100 expected but worth it. The 'Woolf Suite' was beautifully appointed with a huge standalone bath tub and great separate shower. The suite was a little noisy due to I assume the engineering work combined with facing the Euston Road. The bedroom and living area had secondary glazing unlike the bathroom so the ear plugs came in handy.
The Chambers Club is excellent, one of the best exec lounges we've seen with friendly staff providing excellent service and a nice range of food and drink. I'd also recommend a visit to the indoor pool. The only minor annoyance was that we found out too late that the upgrade included a complimentary shave in The Gentlemen's Tonic. However we only saw this on Tripadvisor and then realised the barbers had just closed and remained so until Monday. A great breakfast rounded off an excellent stay. We hope to return one day...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt the upgrade to the Chambers Suite was worth the extra cost. As a loyal Marriott customer, I am pleased to hear you felt the Chambers Club was one of the best lounges you’ve been in. Access to this exclusive space is one of the many benefits afforded to those staying in Chambers. As you mention, a traditional wet shave is also included although this is usually arranged well in advance through our Butler team. Unfortunately, with last minute upgrades, appointments in the barbershop will very much depend upon their availability. Great to hear you were able to make the most of the pool in the spa though. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!