“Lovely experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #215 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We spent a night here using our Marriott points on our way to Belgium via Eurostar. Our Barlow double was spacious with enough room for everything and to move around. The minibar wine was a reasonable price. The room was warm and comfortable. My only quibble is that it was there was a long step down from inside the bath back onto the bathroom floor and I almost slipped. A non-slip mat would have been useful.
The common areas have been restored beautifully. We had a good poke round the staircase etc. The Barlow extension is in keeping and appears to be a high standard.
Disappointingly the Booking Office Bar had live music so we did not feel inclined to have a meal there - much too noisy. We had a pleasant meal in the Platform Cafe, but it closed very early so we ended up having a quiet drink from the minibar after some last minute shopping. We did not try the breakfast this time.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.
Overall a very good experience and perfect start to a holiday. I would be tempted to stay again and feel suitably 'rewarded' by Marriott!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for this excellent feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the building’s restoration. I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours, during which professional guides bring its fascinating history to life. Thank you for the feedback regarding bathmats which is now being dealt with by our housekeeping team. I am sorry to hear you felt the music in the Booking Office was a little loud for your tastes but glad to learn you were able to enjoy dinner in The Platform Café which is open until 10pm. After this time, guests are very welcome to order a drink from the bar and relax in the quieter surroundings of Hansom Lounge and I am very sorry if this was not communicated to you clearly. Great to hear you felt the staff were all very friendly and that the stay provided the perfect start to your holiday in Belgium. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Turkish first
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

With the exception of a couple of niggles, I was very pleased with our night at the St Pancras. The hotel is, indeed, beautiful - do make the effort to climb all the way to the top of the grand staircase. Service excellent from all we encountered.

The room was spotlessly clean. Only a shower in our Barlow Double, but a big one. Very modern and stylish room with lovely high ceilings and lots of storage and space to spread out. But why, oh why, were there no curtains? Only a thin voile and a normal (non blackout) blind. 6am and the sun streamed in over the bed - no more sleep for me on a Sunday morning after a late night!!

Our offer included Champagne Afternoon Tea and breakfast. The tea was lovely - quite different in that the sandwiches were an unusual mix of flavours, but delicious nonetheless. Warm scones and lots of gorgeous cakes. And a harpist, too - a very pleasant atmosphere. Not so the same at breakfast; no wait for a table but a scrum around the buffet. Stone cold plates and stone cold bacon and eggs to match. The toast took for ever and there were half a dozen people crowding around the toasters very grumpily. Again, it was cold as soon as it popped up. A real shame as the Booking Office Bar is beautiful and the staff very attentive, but it could be so much better and I was disappointed.

The pool and changing area were very clean but it might have helped if there was a notice saying towels were in the lockers - I had to traipse around trying to find someone to tell me where they were. Take note - robes provided only if you are in a Chambers Room or having a treatment. The Barlow residents do not qualify!

Overall, a lovely night and I will certainly stay again, but will make sure my room has curtains!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks for this kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service. I am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy music from our Harpist during your afternoon tea in Hansom Lounge. Thank you for your valuable feedback in regards to the curtains. Blinds are used on smaller windows in select rooms which guests have, up until now, always found very effective. Your comments have been taken into consideration though and we are now looking into adding curtains to these rooms. I am sorry to hear about the towel situation in the spa. This is normally explained to guests on arrival and so I do apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

An impromptu stay after a night out opened my eyes to an absolutely fantastic venue.

The mid Victorian magnificence of the Old Midland Hotel is (in my humble opinion) beyond words in its magnificence, only a visit can do it justice?

My room was large and comfortable, the staff where first rate, breakfast sharp and tasty and then a 10 metre stroll to the platform and my train home was very welcome after a heavy night!

The only negative was the briefness of my tenure.

I must for the discerning traveller?

Bravo!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. If the only negative point was the brevity of your stay, then I think we can live with that! Great to hear you enjoyed your impromptu stay with us and felt the staff were first rate. A Booking Office breakfast is the ideal start to the day after a heavy night so I am pleased to hear you were able to make the most of that before heading home! Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night as part of a shopping weekend to London.
Plus Points:
- The building is absolutely fantastic and has been lovingly restored to its former glory. In particular, the bar (the booking room) and the staircase are incredible. Even if your room isn’t in the chambers, it is worth having a wander up the staircase!
- The staff throughout our stay were extremely professional and helpful (including check-in, the bar, at breakfast and the concierge). I particularly liked the information given about the history of the building at check in.
- Our room was in the Barlow wing, which I found to be extremely modern and comfortable (and fairly large for London).
- The bed was incredibly comfortable and we weren’t disturbed by anyone inside or outside the hotel, as there appeared to be good soundproofing.
- I particularly liked looking at the book in the room that gave an overview of the history of St Pancras and had some great before and after pictures of the restoration work involved in re-building the hotel.
- The location of the hotel is ideal for Kings Cross / St Pancras or Euston and millions have been spent re-generating the whole area as a result of the Eurostar services to Europe being diverted from Waterloo.
- Public transport to the rest of London is excellent, as St Pancras is served by several Underground lines, including the Victoria line which gets to places quickly.
- Personally, when in London I like to walk to places and within half an hour or so, you can be in the West End and down to the Thames shortly after.
- Breakfast was fantastic, catering for all nationalities and the quality was excellent.
- If you don’t want to eat / drink in the hotel, there are plenty of nearby alternatives all within a few minutes’ walk.
- Although the hotel is probably one of the more expensive that I have stayed in (the room rates / breakfast / bar etc.), I would argue that for a 5* Central London hotel, it was well worth the money.
Negative Points:
- In all honesty I would struggle to fault this hotel, which is fairly rare for me.

In summary, I would definitely recommend this hotel for somebody wanting a luxury stay in London. It would be particularly suited to somebody who has just arrived from Europe (or somebody with an early morning train the next day). I would recommend having a few cocktails in the bar and enjoying the live music.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this fantastic and detailed feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us so much and would recommend us to anyone looking for luxury accommodation in London. Further to your comments regarding the restoration, I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours, which provide further insight into the redevelopment of the building. You may also be interested to know, that the book you looked at in the room, is available to buy through the concierge (so should you need to give others inspiration for a gift, do not hesitate to contact the front desk team!) Thank you again for these wonderful comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is our second visit to this wonderful hotel we were concerned that this visit would not live up to our high expectations following our previous perfect visit ! But hey it was just as wonderful as we remembered !

After our previous in depth review I will not go into such fine detail just going to say faultless!!! We tried to find some annoying issue but no the room was perfect spotlessly clean well appointed the most comfy bed and luxurious bed linen as before perfect nights sleep.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff some of the most helpful friendly couldent do enough for you people we have ever found in the many hotels we have stayed in excellent.

Really looking forward to our next happy stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! I am thrilled to hear you have enjoyed yet another superb stay with us and are already looking forward to your next stay. Great to hear that (despite trying!) you were unable to find any faults with the experience and enjoyed your time with us so much. Thank you again for the kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Found a reduced rate through Travel Republic, so decided to stay here as it was near the venue I was running a training course at.

A decent stay, although wasn't cheap so my expectations were fairly high. But staff very helpful in run up to booking and during my stay. Room was pretty comfortable and certainly functional, and sound proofing was good - important given hotel is right next to very busy Euston Road.

A good wide choice for breakfast and Booking Room restaurant very nice place to eat in.

Unlike their rival up the road (Pullman St Pancras), they cater well for disabled guests who need to bring their car; and parking is free if you have a blue badge. Pullman St Pancras have scrapped their disabled parking in order to make the forecourt look prettier, which means they lost my custom there and in other Accor hotels (Mecure, Ibis, Novatel).

Staff at the Renaissance very helpful on all things disability. Not sure how often I will stay here given the fairly hefty pricing, but was a great location for me and if I could get a reasonable deal would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for these great comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the way we cater for guests with disabilities. Marriott Hotels is committed to providing everyone with an outstanding guest experience and ensuring that individuals with disabilities have full and equal access to all the products and services on offer. As you say, for wheelchair users, we do offer complimentary car parking on the forecourt and also have a number of accessible bedrooms available. Great to hear you were able to enjoy breakfast in the Booking Office, which as the original ticket office for the station, offers a stunning backdrop for all day dining. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

As a Londoner this is a building I have known most of my life. I have seen it look ok, then derelict and now fully restored to its former glorious self.
The hotel did not disappoint, its a beautiful building. Front desk excellent on check in, polite and quick. We stayed in the Chambers room which is stunning. The stairs, corridor and finally the room take you back to a bygone era, but with all the modern amenities.
We ate in the Gilbert George Restaurant and had an excellent meal and fantastic evening. Breakfast in the ticket hall was also good. Service in both first class.
The location, for those that don't know London, is perfect being right next door Kings Cross and a 5 minute taxi drive to central London.
As we usually have children in tow we value our weekend breaks, this one was fantastic and so was the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a Chambers room.