“A jolly old time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #215 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Bay Area, Ca
“A jolly old time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights last November after coming over on the Eurostar. Beautiful hotel. Great transport connections - being part of St. Pancras station. Lively and fun bars/restaurants in hotel. Very expensive... Get a room/suite in the original wing with Chambers club access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the hotel's location. It is arguably one of the best connected in London, with multiple tube and train lines, not to mention the Eurostar terminal on the doorstep! I do hope you were able to make the most of our VIP Eurostar Transfer Service? We are proud to offer this exclusive benefit complimentary to guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your lovely feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Staying in a building that someone has just spent £200 million of their hard-earned money on is a treat, no two ways about it. We also enjoyed a brief visit to the spa, and we enjoyed everything that we ate and drank over the weekend. Also, many of the staff who helped us were great. All good!?
Not quite, as others on this site have said its really noisy. We had a room above the Midland Road and each time a police car sped past, siren blaring, it was like it was in the room with us. Take earplugs if you want to sleep!
Also, why have the Marriot-people put the check-in desk in a public area meaning that to check-in you are likely to have to queue for ages behind people (not hotel guests) asking the way to Oxford? Can't imagine how they thought this was going to work.
Glad we stayed here and hope we get to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were able to make the most of both the spa and restaurant. I do hope you were also able to experience one of the complimentary historical tours as they provide great insight into the building’s redevelopment which I am sure you would have found interesting. Thank you for your other feedback which has been duly noted and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.
basingstoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Waited for 30 minutes in the bar to pay a premium for aweful service. £30 to have a bland plain attempt at a cocktail handed to me. Trust me go elsewhere. Even wetherspoons has better service! I've been to many high end bars across the capital, most make you feel special, this made me feel like cattle. AVOID!

• Stayed November 2013
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us. I can assure you this is very unusual and so would welcome the opportunity to hear more. Please do get in touch with the Booking Office Manager on antonio.bruno@renaissancehotels.com so we can learn more about what happened here.
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have only been once, but would definitely recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure use.

Although located slightly away from the centre of London access is very easy and for those people like me whose inbound train drops them at St Pancras or Kings Cross, then the location is ideal.

During our all day meeting the hospitality was fantastic, food was first class and attention from the staff was superb.

Rooms were very comfortable aswell.

We did not eat in restaurant as a little pricey for a work evening bite to eat, but menu choice and atmosphere were great.

I look forward to my next trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I am thrilled to hear you would recommend the hotel for both business and pleasure and found the location so convenient. Great to hear you found the staff and service during your meeting at the hotel to be so helpful and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Spent a week at the St Pancras Renaissance and it was wonderful! I am Platinum and would have been upgraded to a nicer regular room, but they offered a Chambers suite for 125 pounds more a night, and while a splurge, it was money well spent. Just look at the photos. I have never been to a hotel where a lovely rubber ducky is provided for your luxury bathtub. We rarely paid for a meal as the Chambers Lounge provided complimentary hearty buffet breakfast and afternoon tea as well as midday and evening offerings. The most fantastic thing about this hotel besides the service, is the literal abiilty to step from the 1800s to the 21st century just by crossing a threshold. You travel from the historic train station to the modern one in one step - you are immediately on the concourse and the Eurostar service is steps away. Down a level is a wonderful mall of stores -- Fortnum & Mason, Marks & Spencer, etc. Everything you could need, and Marks is open until 11:45 nightly. The service at the hotel was exemplary with every need met. HUGE full size bathroom amenities.

One thing though -- if you are a light sleeper or not used to the big city sounds, you will probably need the several provided earplugs. A major hospital is just up the street so there are sirens a good deal, however even the sirens seem to be polite -- there was a noticeable point in the evening after which they were not used unless needed. Noise abatement perhaps? I woke up every day thinking "Manhattan? No, wait, London." I love white noise and sound at night, so it was ideal for this sleeper. This hotel is in the middle of all the action. You are short tube or taxi rides to Covent Garden and anywhere you'd like to go. Walk to the British Library across the street and see the Magna Carta. Walk to Kings Cross and have your picture taken at Platform 9 3/4 photo op that includes a luggage trolley going into the wall! Buses stop right in front of the hotel. I would stay here again in a second, we were very sad to leave! Make this a splurge, get your Platinum upgrade, whatever you have to do! The hotel is visually stunning and has starred in both Harry Potter and Downton Abbey filming!

Room Tip: If you are Platinum, go for the paid further upgrade to the Chambers suites. The service is impecca...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased to learn you felt the upgrade more than paid for itself with the extra benefits staying in Chambers brings. Guests often comment on the great value of complimentary breakfast, and varied selection of afternoon tea and evening canapés served in The Chambers Club. I am so pleased you were able to explore some of the local area, we are delighted to have the British Library on our doorstep and encourage our guests to take a visit. Thanks again for your lovely feedback and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was my first trip to London and my husband surprised me with the beautiful St. Pancras hotel. It was a magical visit. We both felt that the staff did everything in their power to make us feel welcome and wanted and well-cared for. The hotel is simply gorgeous. We stayed in a Chambers room, which was beautifully appointed in my favorite pale aqua color (how did they know?) with accents of cream and silver. The bed had excellent pillows and top-quality linens and I slept like a princess. From one of our four windows we could see the front of the beautiful gothic hotel with the clock tower and I couldn't resist taking photos of it several times a day.Our marble bathroom included a deep tub and a generously sized shower, plus lovely scented bath products.

The buffet breakfast was generous and delicious. We also stopped in for wine and nibbles in the early evening. We met two of the delightful young interns working there who couldn't be more helpful or charming. I called for the spa services, but was told that they were booked for the weekend (book this in advance if you know you will want a massage). They kindly put me on the waiting list, and called with an opening for a hour of service. Perfect! I was happy one afternoon that it was raining hard so we could just lounge around the hotel and enjoy it! Don't miss the free tour--very informative.

We needed to ship some items back to the States, and the concierge took care of that for us, even holding the items for several weeks so they would not arrive back home before we did. As promised, they arrived our second day home. In addition, they toted our bags to the Eurostar gate and carried our bags onto the train for us. All in all, the service was superb. I was pleased that we were able to both support and enjoy such a beautiful, historic place. Some magical day I would love to return!

Room Tip: I believe we were in room 537. Quiet, with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am so pleased you were able to stay with us for your first experience of London! I am thrilled to hear you felt the staff were so welcoming and helpful and do hope you were able to speak to our Navigator on the concierge team, who is superb at putting together detailed and unusual activity suggestions to really help guests get the most out of their London travel experience. Great to hear you took lots of pictures during your stay: we’d love to see them, so if you haven’t already, do share them on our Social Media networks! I am so pleased the rain didn't ruin your plans and you were able to relax in the Chambers Club with a glass of wine and later enjoy a treatment in the Spa. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again one day.
Provo, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The exterior of the property is stunning, as is the lobby. The Chambers Lounge, which is only available to Marriott Platinum members (not Gold), or guests staying in the Chambers section of the hotel are allowed in. The property is really 2 different hotels, the Barlow and Chambers. The Chambers section is what you see in all of the pictures. The Barlow section, where I have stayed on my 2 visits here, is pretty average, as far as Marriott's go. That's to say it's a nice place, but there's really not anything unique to it. My room this time did not have a tub, while the room on my last stay had one of those nice, deep European style bathtubs. Marriott Platinum members are not upgraded between the Barlow and Chambers rooms. Staff were all pleasant, but did not seem particularly warm (though this has been my experience more or less in every hotel in London in 15 trips over the past 4 or 5 years.) Room size in a Barlow King is decent. Breakfast in the Chambers Club is excellent.

The location is awful relative to where I work (oh what we will do for points/status), but it is nice to be attached to the St. Pancras train station with all of its amenities. Highly recommended if you have an early Eurostar train to catch. This isn't in the touristy heart of London, but if you are ok with a Tube ride, there are tons of tube lines running through the station.

Room Tip: If you can manage your way into the Chambers section, that's the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you think the property is stunning and agree that for those travelling by Eurostar, it is unrivalled in terms of location. We make it clear both on the website and when booking direct about the differences between Barlow House (the modern extension) and, Chambers (the original Victorian part of the building) and are proud to offer Platinum Members an upgrade in Barlow House subject to availability. The Kings Cross location is fast becoming London’s hottest new neighbourhood, so I do hope to welcome you back again soon so you can see the ongoing changes happening in the area.

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!