“Great business or pleasure hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

Save Saved
You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #174 of 1,071 hotels in London
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Great business or pleasure hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have only been once, but would definitely recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure use.

Although located slightly away from the centre of London access is very easy and for those people like me whose inbound train drops them at St Pancras or Kings Cross, then the location is ideal.

During our all day meeting the hospitality was fantastic, food was first class and attention from the staff was superb.

Rooms were very comfortable aswell.

We did not eat in restaurant as a little pricey for a work evening bite to eat, but menu choice and atmosphere were great.

I look forward to my next trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I am thrilled to hear you would recommend the hotel for both business and pleasure and found the location so convenient. Great to hear you found the staff and service during your meeting at the hotel to be so helpful and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

1,345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Turkish first
Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Spent a week at the St Pancras Renaissance and it was wonderful! I am Platinum and would have been upgraded to a nicer regular room, but they offered a Chambers suite for 125 pounds more a night, and while a splurge, it was money well spent. Just look at the photos. I have never been to a hotel where a lovely rubber ducky is provided for your luxury bathtub. We rarely paid for a meal as the Chambers Lounge provided complimentary hearty buffet breakfast and afternoon tea as well as midday and evening offerings. The most fantastic thing about this hotel besides the service, is the literal abiilty to step from the 1800s to the 21st century just by crossing a threshold. You travel from the historic train station to the modern one in one step - you are immediately on the concourse and the Eurostar service is steps away. Down a level is a wonderful mall of stores -- Fortnum & Mason, Marks & Spencer, etc. Everything you could need, and Marks is open until 11:45 nightly. The service at the hotel was exemplary with every need met. HUGE full size bathroom amenities.

One thing though -- if you are a light sleeper or not used to the big city sounds, you will probably need the several provided earplugs. A major hospital is just up the street so there are sirens a good deal, however even the sirens seem to be polite -- there was a noticeable point in the evening after which they were not used unless needed. Noise abatement perhaps? I woke up every day thinking "Manhattan? No, wait, London." I love white noise and sound at night, so it was ideal for this sleeper. This hotel is in the middle of all the action. You are short tube or taxi rides to Covent Garden and anywhere you'd like to go. Walk to the British Library across the street and see the Magna Carta. Walk to Kings Cross and have your picture taken at Platform 9 3/4 photo op that includes a luggage trolley going into the wall! Buses stop right in front of the hotel. I would stay here again in a second, we were very sad to leave! Make this a splurge, get your Platinum upgrade, whatever you have to do! The hotel is visually stunning and has starred in both Harry Potter and Downton Abbey filming!

Room Tip: If you are Platinum, go for the paid further upgrade to the Chambers suites. The service is impecca...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased to learn you felt the upgrade more than paid for itself with the extra benefits staying in Chambers brings. Guests often comment on the great value of complimentary breakfast, and varied selection of afternoon tea and evening canapés served in The Chambers Club. I am so pleased you were able to explore some of the local area, we are delighted to have the British Library on our doorstep and encourage our guests to take a visit. Thanks again for your lovely feedback and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was my first trip to London and my husband surprised me with the beautiful St. Pancras hotel. It was a magical visit. We both felt that the staff did everything in their power to make us feel welcome and wanted and well-cared for. The hotel is simply gorgeous. We stayed in a Chambers room, which was beautifully appointed in my favorite pale aqua color (how did they know?) with accents of cream and silver. The bed had excellent pillows and top-quality linens and I slept like a princess. From one of our four windows we could see the front of the beautiful gothic hotel with the clock tower and I couldn't resist taking photos of it several times a day.Our marble bathroom included a deep tub and a generously sized shower, plus lovely scented bath products.

The buffet breakfast was generous and delicious. We also stopped in for wine and nibbles in the early evening. We met two of the delightful young interns working there who couldn't be more helpful or charming. I called for the spa services, but was told that they were booked for the weekend (book this in advance if you know you will want a massage). They kindly put me on the waiting list, and called with an opening for a hour of service. Perfect! I was happy one afternoon that it was raining hard so we could just lounge around the hotel and enjoy it! Don't miss the free tour--very informative.

We needed to ship some items back to the States, and the concierge took care of that for us, even holding the items for several weeks so they would not arrive back home before we did. As promised, they arrived our second day home. In addition, they toted our bags to the Eurostar gate and carried our bags onto the train for us. All in all, the service was superb. I was pleased that we were able to both support and enjoy such a beautiful, historic place. Some magical day I would love to return!

Room Tip: I believe we were in room 537. Quiet, with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am so pleased you were able to stay with us for your first experience of London! I am thrilled to hear you felt the staff were so welcoming and helpful and do hope you were able to speak to our Navigator on the concierge team, who is superb at putting together detailed and unusual activity suggestions to really help guests get the most out of their London travel experience. Great to hear you took lots of pictures during your stay: we’d love to see them, so if you haven’t already, do share them on our Social Media networks! I am so pleased the rain didn't ruin your plans and you were able to relax in the Chambers Club with a glass of wine and later enjoy a treatment in the Spa. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again one day.
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The exterior of the property is stunning, as is the lobby. The Chambers Lounge, which is only available to Marriott Platinum members (not Gold), or guests staying in the Chambers section of the hotel are allowed in. The property is really 2 different hotels, the Barlow and Chambers. The Chambers section is what you see in all of the pictures. The Barlow section, where I have stayed on my 2 visits here, is pretty average, as far as Marriott's go. That's to say it's a nice place, but there's really not anything unique to it. My room this time did not have a tub, while the room on my last stay had one of those nice, deep European style bathtubs. Marriott Platinum members are not upgraded between the Barlow and Chambers rooms. Staff were all pleasant, but did not seem particularly warm (though this has been my experience more or less in every hotel in London in 15 trips over the past 4 or 5 years.) Room size in a Barlow King is decent. Breakfast in the Chambers Club is excellent.

The location is awful relative to where I work (oh what we will do for points/status), but it is nice to be attached to the St. Pancras train station with all of its amenities. Highly recommended if you have an early Eurostar train to catch. This isn't in the touristy heart of London, but if you are ok with a Tube ride, there are tons of tube lines running through the station.

Room Tip: If you can manage your way into the Chambers section, that's the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you think the property is stunning and agree that for those travelling by Eurostar, it is unrivalled in terms of location. We make it clear both on the website and when booking direct about the differences between Barlow House (the modern extension) and, Chambers (the original Victorian part of the building) and are proud to offer Platinum Members an upgrade in Barlow House subject to availability. The Kings Cross location is fast becoming London’s hottest new neighbourhood, so I do hope to welcome you back again soon so you can see the ongoing changes happening in the area.
Stevenage, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Let me start by explaining that I met my wife working in the beautiful St Pancras Chambers back in the 1970's when the building was being used as offices and it holds many great memories for us both. It was with some excitement that we chose to celebrate the night of our 31st anniversary back here for the first time together last week.

We checked in early afternoon and were told that we were staying in the newly built part of the hotel behind the historic building - it was explained that there are only apartments and suites where we worked. Ho-hum, disappointing but no fault of the hotel, indeed there was a plate of cakes with 'Happy Anniversary' painted on the plate in chocolate in our 7th floor room, a lovely touch. The room itself was better than average but maybe not quite 5 star, although it boasted a large LCD TV and a very comfortable bed with luxurious cotton sheets, there seemed to be something missing. I certainly didn't like the fact that I couldn't open the window for some fresh air and hoped for a separate shower and bidet in the bathroom - maybe I expect too much.?

After enjoying a wonderful meal in Mayfair we then enjoyed a generally good night's sleep (apart from the lack of air) and wandered down to breakfast at about 10.30. This was very disappointing. We were shown to a table fairly quickly and the buffet breakfast was pointed out, we ordered coffee and had to wait between 10 and 15 minutes for it to arrive. We helped ourselves to the hot breakfast and were very disappointed by the quality of the bacon which was only streaky and 70% fat and somewhat congealed. The scrambled eggs were even worse, a gloopy mass of porridge like substance which we avoided like the plague. On the upside, the cumberland sausages were excellent.. I asked the girl who seated us if other eggs (or breakfasts) were provided as we hadn't been given any sort of menu and she said "You have to pay for different breakfasts, only the buffet is included in your rate" and "you could have ordered poached or fried eggs". As we had to wait so long for our coffee and I had already started eating I declined, choosing to ignore the rather testy remark about paying for a different breakfast - as if one couldn't afford to pay more at the rates charged for rooms at this place.!

After breakfast we wandered around the parts of the old building that one is allowed to roam (unfortunately neither my or my wife's old office were open to the public) and reminisced about our times working in such a beautiful place and not appreciating it. It has hardly changed, I understand that English Heritage were very tough about changing too much so it has really had a good clean up and restored to something like it must have been when it was originally a hotel dating back from 1873.

I can understand why this place is such a draw, it is built right on/next to the superbly crafted St Pancras International Station with direct trains to Paris and Brussels and beyond. It also gives one a chance to wonder at the revitalised, almost fairy tale building that was the Midland Grand Hotel.

It was disappointing to us for personal reasons but I'm sure that won't (and probably shouldn't) put anybody off. They really need to sort out those breakfasts though..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am thrilled to hear from a couple who met at the original hotel and so pleased you chose to return for your anniversary! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the welcome plate and it is a shame that due to high occupancy we were unable to upgrade you to one of the rooms in Chambers (the original Victorian part of the building where your offices would have been located back in the 70s). Thank you for the feedback regarding breakfast. We have recently made some improvements to the breakfast offering and further enhancements are scheduled for December. Should you wish to discuss further please contact the Booking Office manager on antonio.bruno@renaissancehotels.com. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the future.
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed there on awards redemption. Staffs not very helpful compared to another 5 star hotel I stayed earlier in London. They are snobbish probably thinking we are Asians, suckling down on redemption to stay in this hotel, as if not probably we couldn't afford it. Come on, I have a gold membership & I stayed in Marriott Hotels more than 50 days a year!!! Staffs at the breakfast lounge only serves 'White People' only, I felt as if colonialism still exists. Sucks for service & shame to a hotel name related to Marriott. Will not stay there again next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, which I am extremely disappointed to read. I can assure you this is in no way reflective of the attitudes of our staff. As part of an international hotel group, we pride ourselves in celebrating the cultural differences of our associates and how these differences lead to our continued business success. At this property alone, our hotel team represents over 45 different nationalities and we are delighted with the cultural diversity this brings to the organization. Should you wish to discuss further, please contact our Director of Operations on edward.white@renaissancehotels.com.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have continued to use this location for business meetings and the service continues to be realty good

The lounge is spacious and comfortable and the drinks are a reasonable price 4.00 for a tea or coffee plus 10 percent service

The only challenge is getting a seat so you may need to book

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear from one of our regular customers and pleased to learn our product and service continues to impress. As you say, Hansom Lounge, with its spacious and comfortable seating and reasonable prices is incredibly popular and so it is worth calling ahead to reserve a space. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!