“Noise,Noise and then some more..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

You added St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free WiFi + Late Checkout
Ranked #248 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Noise,Noise and then some more..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am currently at this hotel and to be honest cannot wait to leave tomorrow morning! Id leave tonight if I could just to get a decent nights sleep.
The hotel itself is beautiful,steeped in history and full of character however the noise from the rooms is beyond acceptable.I am now in my second room on the 7th floor and theres more noise than the first! Its constant banging,slamming of doors,every noise carries...It sounded before in my first room like an elephant above on the ceiling.,.It never stops.The staff outside in the corridors doing their house keeping,you can hear everything from them running up and down to them slamming the doors..its constant and really really bad to sleep here.I literally cannot wait till morning to check-out.so thats 2 rooms in 2 days and no peace!
The rest of the hotel is beautiful,the lobby is one of the most unique Ive seen,the lounge is great and the bar is very quirky and interesting,busy and good for people watching.
The staff are helpful but seem to have no idea about noise as they are not the ones in the rooms.
I will be stuffing the earplugs in again tonight.
The station connected to the hotel is great for food,shops,snacks etc..
The room I had was not in the Chambers section,but the other side.
My first room when I looked out of the window all I saw was a huge roof a few feet away from the window..nothing else at all.that was the 4th floor..if you were unlucky to be on a lower floor all you get is a brick wall..the higher floors like 6 and 7 are better for a view but still not much of one.
The bathroom products are REN so that is nice.Bed is comfybut no point when you cannot sleep from consistent noise..The rooms in the side I stayed were nice but nothing wow..some come with only a shower cubicle and some with the bath and shower over the top..so when checking in if you feel like a soak,make sure you ask for a room with both bath and shower.I would have really enjoyed my stay here if it wasnt for the noise..exausted and unhappy!
I stya in hotels all year round for my work and this is one of my top ten noisy!!! I wouldnt mind if it was from traffic lets say but when its from housekeeping round the clock then I have an issue with that!

Room Tip: Barrow rooms have awful views on one side.being a brick wall and a sloping roof if you're lucky...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed at the Rennaissance St. Pancras many times this past year and have thoroughly enjoyed every stay. The staff is fantastic; efficient but friendly. The two drinking lounges are magnificent, a hub of activity. And the immaculately restored 4-story Victorian staircase is really one of the best tourist attractions in London. They just don't build them like that anymore. The bedrooms that I have stayed in were more modern, comfortable rather than stylish. But the common areas of the hotel are really stylish of a Victorian era of past. The club lounge for Marriott Elite members or those who choose to add this in their package was one of the best among Marriotts around the world (perhaps along with Seoul, Korea). Their best staff including Sarah, Anka, and Phil were the models of customer servicing to perfection. They helped make a great building and hotel into a great stay. An elevator away from the Eurostar trains. Some good restaurants nearby including The Fellow. If you value staying in a well-run beautifully restored architectural masterpiece then this is a superb selection!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We've wanted to stay at the St Pancras Hotel ever since it opened and thanks to Eurostar being several hours late we got our chance.

The room was lovely and the bed was so comfortable. It's a pity the grouting around the bath had gone (if it was ever there) but my wife thinks I am just being picky.

I've had several over priced beers in the Booking Office bar waiting for a train north but I didn't realise that was where breakfast is served. The Booking Office is a great location for a bar but I like to sit at a proper table for my breakfast and I certainly don't want to slouch in an armchair to eat my bacon and eggs! Also it's so dark in the Booking Office for breakfast, the hotel is huge, why don't they serve breakfast somewhere else?

I should mention the breakfast tea they serve; they charge by the tiny pot and it's awful. We were charged £16.50 for tea and coffee and the total breakfast bill was just under £60 and I was still hungry!

The hotel is a lovely building, I'm pleased we stayed there but I won't be going back as it's such poor value.

I've given it a 4 star rating but I'm not sure it deserves it at the price.

Room Tip: Book on the internet, the rack rates are scary.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ascot,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Few London hotels could ask for a better location than this historic building and Renaissance do a very good job of utilising it to the maximum. The impressive lobby could be a bit of an echo chamber, but they have managed to make it friendly and inviting giving you a great first impression and it is a very usable space once you are settled in. A lot of careful thought and work has gone into the restoration of this building and the blend of historic features and modern comforts works very well - particularly the bar in the former booking office. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped though the bathrooms are perhaps a little pinched for space - going for a shower only helps but compared to some alternatives they are perhaps the weak point in the room. Breakfast too didn't impress me overly. The strength of the hotel lies in its staff - very friendly and helpful with nothing being a problem. Outside you are not in exactly the best part of London, but it is handy for the underground and of course the railway, with the St Pancras international station concourse providing a wealth of shopping and dining options. Given the restrictions on developing the site Renaissance have done an excellent job and the hotel would be good for either a London base or for an overnight before catching the Eurostar.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a 5 star hotel in a wonderful location. We only stayed for one night, as I expect many would. But everything we needed was immediately available. We needed a car to take us out at short notice; one was provided straight away and was from a very nice firm of drivers. Very comfortable rooms with interconnecting doors. Room service was straightforward, hot and quick.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a dream for people who appreciate all things Victorian. Tea in the Chambers Club was a "proper tea", and my room was spacious and clean. I was escorted to my room (how often does THAT happen these days?), and each member of staff was friendly, courteous and helpful without being intrusive. I have wanted to stay here for quite a while, and as a Christmas treat, this was quite special. The architecture alone is worth it!

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here as the overnight before our trip on the Eurostar.
Yes it's expensive but you get what you pay for
We found it impeccable
We were late and had reserved dinner in the in house restaurant Gilbert and Scott. I rang to let them know, not a problem and we could push it back
The room we took was the most basic they have but that doesn't mean it doesn't have all the little touches. The little card on the bed explaining the history of the room was a marvellous touch.
The architecture is amazing and the refurbish,eat brings this it to the best. It is a truly amazing building.
The Gilbert Scott is a fabulous restaurant. Food amazing English fare and the wine list is comprehensive. Staff crisp and look superb in their uniforms
Whenever got to the Ticket Office the other in house eatery were breakfast is served but it was buzzing with atmosphere.
There really was too much to do for just one night.
The bed was sumptuous and the room rally very comfortable.
We would definitely come back here a very special treat, a special occasion event or a brilliant start to a Eurostar experience it would be amazing

Room Tip: Basic was good enough
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel? Share your experiences!