“Always a pleasure to return” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #379 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Bedfordshire
“Always a pleasure to return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am rating the hotel as very good from the experience we received from the bar and restaurant staff, the service was exquisite and very professional a few members of staff recognised us and gave us a very warm welcome back.
Drinks at the bar were made to such a high standard loved everyone we had. Well done to the bar staff. Food was as always fantastic and Cosimo one of sommelier staff knew the perfect wines for each course a gave us a wonderful service each meal. Breakfast Buffet was lovely the fruit is so tasty so superior to other hotels we have stayed at in this country, again staff were very attentive. The maitre d' for the restaurant Karolina was yet again so friendly and welcoming a true gem to the hotel.

This was our third stay at Syon Park and is always a pleasure to stay here. There were a few changes however that we noticed this time comparing them to our last 2 visits.

When we pulled up to the front of the hotel with our car to offload no one was their to welcome us which there has been before. The bellhop came out a while later and explained there was no trolley so would have to carry them to reception. When I asked him what to do with my car he just said park it over there. Last time my car was parked in the car park for me not sure why this service and welcome in a top end London hotel has changed.

My wife waited for me in reception and the lady on the desk did not even welcome us to the hotel she just said are you checking in, such a different welcome to the last 2 times! I had to ask for a newspaper to be sent to my room 3 times. As a Hilton Diamond member I received a room upgrade no different to a standard room just had a garden view. On inquiring if I could be upgraded to a suite as a Diamond member if available as the hotel was extremely quiet I was told I would have pay £150 to upgrade. Lady on front desk was a little curt with us and said that we had already been upgraded. We didn't want to sound ungrateful we were just asking as last time I came I was upgraded from a standard room to a suite.

We decided to go for a walk around the Syon park gardens through the secret garden entrance as advertised on the website. It was padlocked. This was actually the case in January when we visited and we just assumed it was to do with the weather so we didn't expect it still in May. No one at the desk told us before so we walked back and explained it was locked. The same lady on the desk explained that the door key mechanism was faulty so the park wanted the gate to be locked and that we would have to go into the gardens through the main visitors entrance. This we did. On getting there we found it was closed. When we returned I mentioned that the gardens were closed for the day. I was very disappointed with the service and lack of knowledge the front desk staff had of Syon Park opening times. I asked her if we could have another chair on our balcony as we only had one, it was never sent up in the 2 nights we were there.

Spa/Pool area - Pool and jacuzzi is so relaxing we love it! The changing room facilities were so clean and had some nice amenities available. We had one criticism for the steam room and sauna. The first day the steam room had hardly any steam and the sauna was lukewarm. The second day the steam room was practically cold and there was no heat in the sauna. When we reported it to the spa staff we were told the maintenance team said it cannot go up any further in temperature that is the maximum. I know this to be untrue as my line of work is in pools, spas, saunas and steam rooms and I am very familiar with the correct temperatures.

We do feel this time the front desk staff really let the hotel down and somewhat marred our arrival experience which is a real shame because in times past it was so different. It has not put us off coming again but it would be nice if the areas mentioned can be improved for a better experience in such an expensive high end hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ksjackson, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to let us know your feedback. I am tryuly sorry you had this experience and I have forwarded your comments onto our Director of Operations for further review. I can assure you this is not the standard that we apsire to and I do appreciate your letting us know so we can address it properly. We do hope to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Mariposa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It's lovely but a funny hotel, other reviews go into that, this is just to advise anyone expecting a "London Taxi" when they ask for one needs to be more insistent than I was. It turns out this hotels idea of a taxi is a touring vehicle, my husband and I asked for a taxi to take us to Harrods (its a tourist thing) on our last visit and ended up in a 7 seater type car and not what we expected in London at all! We were really disappointed but after shopping got a "proper" taxi back to the hotel, when we asked the driver how come? he said the hotel would have been using a mini cab company but if we had asked for a taxi then we should have had a taxi. To add insult to injury we were charged more going to Harrods in the car than we paid the proper taxi for the return journey to the hotel and that included the tip! Insist, because when we where their as the hotel opened we had no trouble getting proper taxis, we just went to the concierge and they turned up 10 minutes later! Obviously a policy change by the hotel but who benefits?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Everything was clean and top notch. Staff was impeccable. I left my cell phone in a taxi at the airport. The staff tracked down Taxi and sent it home to me. The estate and gardens ate beautiful.

Room Tip: 20 minutes to London Heathrow airport. Spa is great. Pricey but great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ksjackson, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your stay. I am so glad that we were able to track down your phone. Please do come back and visit anytime.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

It's a pumped up travelodge in a car park. Designed by Katie Price, run like The Crossroads Motel. Staff friendly, but it's an awful place. Whole iPod tv system in room doesn't work.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was one of those experiences you think will be good but isn’t in reality.

I'd booked one night for my wife and I. All seemed good, when we arrived - a nice quiet modern hotel in pleasant grounds outside London. But within about 30 minutes, the hotel was swamped by a conference. I'm not sure how many people were attending, but I think I counted seven coaches parked outside in the evening to take delegates to dinner.

Now I've stayed in large hotels that are geared up for conferences, and simply not been bothered by an event. But the Syon Park isn’t one of them. The hotel only has one bar/lounge and the conference effectively flooded it.

Mercifully, we had arranged to dine in London, or the entire evening would have been ruined.

Some other observations:

- No turndown service (and this is Hilton's top Brand!)

- Bathroom floors that really do need a polish to get rid of the dirt from construction

- And a guy who just let himself into the room to inspect the minibar without waiting to be asked

I complained about the conference to the manager on duty, and she dealt with it very well. But the bottom line for me is that if this is the way this hotel is going to run its business, then they need to take the Waldorf Astoria sign off the door!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ksjackson, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and please accept my apologies regarding your experience. We do have conferences at times and I am sorry that they seemed to take over. I will forward your comments onto the team for review and thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We found this to be a very pleasant and relaxed hotel to stay in. The front of house were friendly and informative. The room was spotless and comfortable and quiet. We ate in the restaurant which was informal and the service was good as was the cooking, the price was spot on. The only thing that was mildly irritating was all the electronic beeps that accompanied everything you switched on or off ! Aside from that very minor grumble we would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in the area or for use as base to visit central London.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back.
West Sussex, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We visited Syon Park on our wedding anniversary. We had walked there from Hampton Court, along the Thames path and were really looking forward to putting our feet up and relaxing in our room before dinner.
It was a surprise to find no kettle in the room and our only option was to pay for tea and coffee at over £9, plus service charge (12½%) plus "tray charge" of £5, making the whole thing over £15. Being a Brit, this feels very poor - most places which don't have a kettle in the room, at least do a complementary or appropriately valued room service. Even allowing for the price which comes with a place like this, this feels like a cost too much.
We had upgraded to a junior suite - which was huge and nice enough. But there were some bulbs out, one of the big TVs didn't work and I had to retune the TV in the bathroom (yes there was...).
As others have said, the hotel does not look like you might expect from the website. Glass and bricks, not grandeur and stone, but it is cruel to say its a travelodge - this at least has big windows and balconies to enjoy the greenery.
The food was pretty good and the service was attentive enough. Mind you, when you ask what cheeses you have been given in most high class restaurants, you get stories about how they are specially crafted in a barn on a Welsh hillside. Here I got told "Goats cheese, Stilton and Mature Cheddar". I can get that from a 16 year old in the Coop.....
Gripes aside, its a great location considering you are so close to London and has plenty of nice touches.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ksjackson, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Syon Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am truly sorry for your experience. I have passed your comments onto the team for further review and thank you for letting us know. I hope that we will get to welcome you back when you next in our area.

Been to Hilton London Syon Park? Share your experiences!