“Awful Reception!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection

You added 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection to your Saves list
45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #89 of 1,053 Hotels in London
“Awful Reception!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Arriving in a car on a very 'wet' day with three children one would expect to be met by courteous welcoming door persons BUT NOT SO HERE:-
We were totally ignored- had to double park and find our own umbrella to get the 6 of us in one at a time - WHILE THE STAFF JUST WATCHED!!
Nothing remotely like the reception we always experience at the Dorchester (and most other hotels in London) just a few meters away -

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
MrScanlon_45ParkLane, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Richagadir,

Thank you for sharing your review of 45 Park Lane.

I was naturally disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and I would like the opportunity to discuss your feedback. Your comments are highly appreciated as it is the most valuable way to continuously improve our services.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience to discuss the issues that you have outlined further.

General Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful time went on a meeting to london and was booked into 45 park lane by my office...was received at entry very warmly by hotel staff everything about this hotel is loveable will surely look forward to return back soon......

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear grace_kin,

Thank you for sharing your kind words on 45 Park Lane.

It was a pleasure to read your compliments on our attentive service and I was pleased to learn that 45 Park Lane provided a wonderful setting to your meeting. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with the team who will be pleased to learn that you regard 45 Park Lane so highly and plan to return soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is wonderful . It's perfectly placed for visiting London being opposite Hyde Park and within walking distance of Oxford Street .
Our room was wonderful with beautiful views over the Park .

The breakfast was nice and the staff were really obliging .

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
MrScanlon_45ParkLane, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Annie T,

Thank you for sharing your review of 45 Park Lane.

It was wonderful to learn that you found the service to be attentive, the staff excellent and the setting superb. I was particularly pleased to read your compliments on our central location and exquisite rooms.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team and we do hope to welcome you back to 45 Park Lane soon.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2015

This is part of Dorchester collection boutique hotel with great personality.
What makes this hotel so spoils the guest service agents.
We stayed in this Dorchester property April 2015 for weekend only. Fantastic room with impeccable service specially Halima the guest service agent. She was absolutely brilliant and very friendly.
She was always there when need her assistance.
Thank you for the wonderful stay.

Stayed July 2015
MrScanlon_45ParkLane, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Ismail E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very proud to read that you have mentioned our friendly host team and in particular, Halima. The host team go to great lengths to ensure that each and every guest has a truly memorable experience and I’m delighted that you felt well cared for throughout your stay. Rest assured I will share your comments with the team and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane.

Corona del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2015

My husband and I were traveling with our two grown daughters so we had requested connecting or adjoing superior king rooms. The concierge e-mailed me shortly before our trip that they would not be able to accomodate our request. Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a deluxe suite with adjoining rooms. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We also had requested an airport transfer to the hotel and we were delivered to the wrong hotel. We were dropped at the Dorchester Hotel across the street. We walked across the way to check in and wait for our luggage to arrive. It took some time for the luggage to arrive and we had to call to check on it as we wanted to shower before our dinner reservations downstairs at Cut. The dinner at cut was delicious with good service and an easy option for our first night in London. Some of the small things I appreciated in our room were the Nespresso machine and complimentary milk and water in the mini bar. I also appreciated the tray in the safe to easily remove and stow my jewelry. The doormen were always friendly along with all of the staff. It was also nice to have a drink at the Dorchester across the street and be able to apply it to our room. We had a great stay at this hotel and the only gliche was being delivered to the wrong hotel initially. We would definitely stay here again. We loved the small, not overly crowded feel.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for less traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
MrScanlon_45ParkLane, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 20, 2015
Dear CDMliving,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at 45 Park Lane; I am very pleased to read that you particularly enjoyed our in-room amenities and the flexibility of bill-back for services taken at our sister property The Dorchester. Once again, I am very sorry that you did not experience our usual high standard of airport transfer and rest assured we will do all that we can to avoid this happening again.

Also, thank-you for your kind words about the team here at 45 Park Lane; they take great pride in providing first class service and will be delighted that you mentioned them in your review.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to 45 Park Lane on your next visit to London.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2015

Shhhhh...Do not tell anyone…THIS HOTEL IS OUTSTANDING. I have been to London numerous times. I have stayed at the Lanesborough, Claridges, etc...but for me 45 Park Lane was perfection. I was greeted by the loveliest people every where I turned. They whisked my up to my room on the 7th floor overlooking the Park. The room is immaculate and luxurious. The systems for lighting, housekeeping, room service, temp control, etc... are all at your fingertips and intuitive. I was so happy I didn't want to leave my room, which was just as well because in room dining was mouth waveringly delicious. This hotel is the sister to the larger more traditional Dorchester Hotel next door. I visited the Dorchester spa for a blow dry, the serenity of the space was magical. I cannot wait to return to London and never leave my hotel!

Room Tip: The hotel is not huge so there are no long corridors to navigate. The rooms seem sound proof and t...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Dear VerbierV,

Thank you for your kind review of 45 Park Lane.
It gives me great pleasure to read your wonderful comments and I am delighted to learn that you found the room service to be excellent, the staff attentive and the in-room technology seamless.

I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with the team who will be glad to read your detailed comments and also learn that you regard 45 Park Lane as one of your favourite hotels in London.

I was particularly glad to read that you were able to sample all of our luxury facilities, including The Dorchester Spa and I look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane in the not too distant future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have just had the most wonder stay at this lovely boutique hotel which is part of The Dorchester Collection. This was our first visit to this hotel although we have stayed at The Dorchester many times. Everything was perfect, from arrival to departure two days later, and we truly didn't want to leave. We had a lovely room overlooking Hyde Patk and as we were on the 8th floor, we had wonderful views of the London skyline. The decor is state of the art and we experienced fabulous service from everyone we met. A huge thank you to you all. We cannot wait for our return visit!

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
MrScanlon_45ParkLane, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, July 15, 2015
Dear Jane T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on 45 Park Lane.

I am delighted to learn that your first visit to 45 Park Lane was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our contemporary rooms and art-deco inspired spaces.

It was a pleasure to read your comments on our service and it is wonderful to learn that you plan to return soon. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with the team who take great pride in ensuring each guest experiences a memorable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane during your next visit.

John Scanlon, General Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection