“Wow - amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection

You added 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection to your Saves list
45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #49 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Wow - amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just back from a fantastic two nights with my wife at 45 Park Lane, the more modern sister hotel of the Dorchester. Pure luxury from start to finish! We were incredibly fortunate to be upgraded to a suite, but even without this extra bonus this would have been a first class experience.
Positives:
- Service level. Absolutely top notch - friendly and expert staff. Our room had a 'personal host' facility, in which a member of the team was always on hand to answer questions or sort any issues. There were so many nice touches - e.g. the complimentary macaroons left in the room at tea time.
- Room quality. The style is a modern take on art deco - very attractive but also feels modern and slick. If you're seeking classic English hotel ornate decor then this isn't for you, but we really liked the aesthetic of the rooms. The specification was of the highest quality, with lighting, blinds etc. all controlled from a high-tech telephone unit. The room even included an iPad full of information. Our suite was huge - more space than you'd ever need.
- Food. Breakfast was exquisite - every item seemed expertly prepared and I really cannot find any criticism. Very tasty - with every possible food type available - and in no way stodgy or greasy.
A few small criticisms:
- Temperature control. Our room was too warm at night - my wife struggles to sleep if it's too hot. We phoned up to report the fault and they made lots of effort to fix it (sent round engineers etc.) but it was never properly sorted.
- Internet speed. I thought the free WiFi was a little slow. There were options to pay for a faster service (which I didn't take), but the free service was disappointing for downloading films etc.
- Gym/Facilities. There isn't a swimming pool at either the Dorchester or 45 Park Lane, which I think is a shame for such a five star hotel. We used the gym at the Dorchester (which we had access to even though we were staying at 45PL) but it was a small room in the basement and ill-equipped - surprising for such a prestigious hotel.
- The CUT steak restaurant. We ate here on the Saturday night. The service quality was very high, and we enjoyed our meal, but it probably isn't the best steak restaurant in London (when compared with Goodman, Hawksmoor etc.). I found it quite expensive and the wine list was heavily marked-up.

Overall, the positives far outweighed the criticisms. It was a first class luxury experience and one that my wife and I will never forget.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit to 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you and your wife enjoyed your two nights with us and how highly you valued the service and the room and décor. It will be my pleasure to share your review with everyone here and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you here again soon.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for one night for NYE 2013. We had planned to stay the previous year but were informed at 3pm NYE 2012 that a family would not vacate the room and we could not stay. 45 Park Lane put us up in The Dorchester instead (Which wasn't ideal, as I had just come back from a xmas trip there)
This year, we rebooked and 45 Park Lane out did themselves! We were upgraded to a lovely suite over looking Hyde Park. The customer service is second to none, the room is very modern, spacious, AMAZING decor. I can not rate this hotel in words... You HAVE to experience it yourself.
I wish I could live here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
It is my pleasure to read your kind review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted you were able to book in for NYE this year and to read how highly you appreciated the service, your room and the décor. I will be delighted to share your kind review with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to 45 Park Lane.
Eu, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great location, great service, great restaurant by Wolfgang Puck (I appreciated this one more than his other restaurant in Los Angeles). I recommend the cocktails at the first floor bar. Love the Art Deco design. The rooms are perfect, with an iPad to control everything, the butler a must. Along with the Wellesley, the best of the best hotels in London.
Hint: They have a cinema room where you can invite friends and even watch a football game.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to 45 Park Lane. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed dining in CUT at 45 Park Lane and how highly you appreciated the design, décor and the service from our team. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

what a super hotel, Roland has done the Dorchester Collection proud with this little gem!
Loved the restaurant, breakfast and dinner was a real treat, loved the upstairs bar area
an oasis of calm and discerning luxury
very well appointed suite, staff very attentive with anticipation service
really nice bathroom and every thing catered for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how highly you appreciate all aspects of the hotel and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night and could not fault a thing! We were upgraded to a king room on the 8th floor with balcony over-looking Hyde Park and it was just wonderful! What struck us most was the exceptional service we received from all the staff and the quality of everything in our room. I would go so far as to say it was probably the best equipped and most comfortable room we've ever stayed in!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including your room with views of Hyde Park, the service from the team and facilities in the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We chose 45 Park Lane among all the great London hotels for its style, the reviews of service, the use of technology, location and because the price wasn't outrageous

Overall we found the hotel very nice for many reasons but problematic for a few

The issues really came from two areas. The first is the over-reliance of technology in the rooms which led to form over function at times. The lighting controls in the bathroom had no labels and there was a giant mirror light that would not go out no matter what button we pushed. We were not sure if this was us being inept or a true problem so we called our host (who are similar to butlers) and she determined that it was indeed a problem they would fix the next day. Later one of the phone handsets would not work and I had to reboot one of the bedside control panels when it failed. Also the shower had no labels just pictograms which my wife found particularly frustrating These are not major problems but inconveniences that took up a fair amount of time to deal with

The hotel was very responsive to our issues as the manager emailed me several times and other staffers checked in on us frequently. At one point we came downstairs and five people were waiting for us. The hotel also gave use a comp limo ride to the airport for our troubled which we felt was fair.

The other issue was breakfast. They should have a buffet instead of only a sit down menu as service could be slow at times. We sat next to a German family one day who made a big stink about how slow the service was which made for an uncomfortable eating experience.

The positives are definitely the decor which is very classy Art Deco; the staff who are all very nice but are quite young. I do wonder if this is a training ground for the sister hotel The Dorchester across the street. The food at CUT was delicious. The rooms are very nice & elegant and when the technology worked it was fun and cool to control everything from a panel, especially the window shades. I felt like Captain Kirk a little

Overall I enjoyed my experience at 45 Park Lane although I think on my next trip I will explore a different experience for the variety.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall experience and thank you for your feedback on the technology in the rooms. All guest feedback is of utmost importance and I will ensure your comments are shared with the relevant people. I hope to have the opportunity welcome you back here again.
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Dorchester for the sophisticated young traveler. Great stay, incredible brunch at the in house steak house CUT. Rhianna always stays at the pent house overviewing all Hyde Park. No where else to go.

Room Tip: pent house