Just back from a fantastic two nights with my wife at 45 Park Lane, the more modern sister hotel of the Dorchester. Pure luxury from start to finish! We were incredibly fortunate to be upgraded to a suite, but even without this extra bonus this would have been a first class experience.
- Service level. Absolutely top notch - friendly and expert staff. Our room had a 'personal host' facility, in which a member of the team was always on hand to answer questions or sort any issues. There were so many nice touches - e.g. the complimentary macaroons left in the room at tea time.
- Room quality. The style is a modern take on art deco - very attractive but also feels modern and slick. If you're seeking classic English hotel ornate decor then this isn't for you, but we really liked the aesthetic of the rooms. The specification was of the highest quality, with lighting, blinds etc. all controlled from a high-tech telephone unit. The room even included an iPad full of information. Our suite was huge - more space than you'd ever need.
- Food. Breakfast was exquisite - every item seemed expertly prepared and I really cannot find any criticism. Very tasty - with every possible food type available - and in no way stodgy or greasy.
A few small criticisms:
- Temperature control. Our room was too warm at night - my wife struggles to sleep if it's too hot. We phoned up to report the fault and they made lots of effort to fix it (sent round engineers etc.) but it was never properly sorted.
- Internet speed. I thought the free WiFi was a little slow. There were options to pay for a faster service (which I didn't take), but the free service was disappointing for downloading films etc.
- Gym/Facilities. There isn't a swimming pool at either the Dorchester or 45 Park Lane, which I think is a shame for such a five star hotel. We used the gym at the Dorchester (which we had access to even though we were staying at 45PL) but it was a small room in the basement and ill-equipped - surprising for such a prestigious hotel.
- The CUT steak restaurant. We ate here on the Saturday night. The service quality was very high, and we enjoyed our meal, but it probably isn't the best steak restaurant in London (when compared with Goodman, Hawksmoor etc.). I found it quite expensive and the wine list was heavily marked-up.
Overall, the positives far outweighed the criticisms. It was a first class luxury experience and one that my wife and I will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorchester Collection’s latest hotel 45 Park Lane in exclusive Mayfair, London opened in September 2011 with Wolfgang Puck’s first venture in Europe, CUT at 45 Park Lane. Throughout the hotel, luxurious and contemporary interiors by New York based designer, Thierry Despont, provide a club-like feel. The chic hotel will offers London’s in-crowd and the most seasoned of jetsetters a smart but discreet hotel from which to enjoy London. Each of the spacious 45 rooms and suites offer views of Hyde Park, as does a spectacular Penthouse Suite featuring a spacious balcony with panoramic views over Hyde Park and Mayfair. A striking central staircase leads to the first floor featuring Bar 45, a library and a private media room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 45 Park Lane Hotel London
- 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection London, England