“Couldn't be anything other than excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added 45 Park Lane to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
45 Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Escape from £475
Ranked #50 of 1,073 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be anything other than excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited this establishment during the Christmas period for drinks and snacks in the public bar area. The building itself from the outside is very Art-deco and looks wonderful, a stark contrast in design and look to its parent hotel The Dorchester which is opposite. Door staff very friendly and helpful. As you would expect from a hotel of this caliber it is very well finished in all areas, un-cluttered and you get a real feeling of class.

The bar area upstairs, which is long and narrow, benefits from great mood lighting, very comfortable bar stools and an amazing array of drinks. The cocktails are superb, with excellent attention to detail, food was first class. This is not a cheap place to visit and a place to go as a treat, especially if you are not a city banker ! Bar and waiting staff are first class, try the Kobe Beef sliders !!

45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to 45 Park Lane during the Christmas period. It is a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the décor, service and atmosphere during your visit and I am delighted you enjoyed cocktails and sliders in Bar 45. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to all at the 45, great 2 night stay, room was special a corner suite over looking Hyde park, furnishing top quality great bathroom and comfortable bed, service with a smile from all that helped us with our stay.
The cut was great, with good food, but the bar was the highlight with wonderful cocktails which is a joy to watch being made , and even better to drink.
45 park lane is now my number one hotel in London and my preferred choice for future stays.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed staying with us and how highly you valued the service. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with the team involved and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night only on New Years Eve but what a stay. We arrived early, well before normal check in time and not only was our room ready but we discovered we had been upgraded to a truly amazing Park Lane suite, very large and very stylish with great views over Park Lane and Hyde Park. All the furnishings and decor were beautiful and the bathroom was just stunning. All the staff we came across were very helpful and friendly. The hotel bar was stylish and the cocktails were excellent. We had a wonderful dinner at CUT (see separate review) and breakfast in the room was very good. I like to try different hotels when I visit London but I think I'll find it difficult to match this one.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers for an upgrade
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Cardiff_Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to write such glowing feedback for 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable New Years Eve, enjoyed the Park Lane Suite and were so well looked after. It will be pleasure to pass your comments onto the team at the hotel and at CUT at 45 Park Lane. I look forward to welcoming you again in 2013.
Kind Regards,
Roland Fasel, Regional Director UK, 45 Park Lane
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is really very good. The product itself is modern and cutting edge. The rooms contain all the equipment you could possibly need and there is a general feeling of opulence when staying here. The host concept sounds good on paper but is flawed in places. For example I failed to receive a pre arrival phone call and only met/spoke to my host once. That being said, staff including the door men were most welcoming and made me feel at ease. They bent over backwards to accommodate my needs, including late check out, champagne delivered to my room at an exact time etc.

The restaurant was a let down. Service was initially attentive but after the main courses I was left with my dessert menu for around 30 minutes, water glasses empty and wine glasses empty. It was left to myself to attempt to make eye contact with staff. This is dissapointing when the meal was a couple of hundred pounds for two courses and a bottle of wine.

Overall I was very impressed with the hotel but dissapointed with the restaurant. It does feel very special to stay here and I felt like it was a home away from home, I just left feeling rather short changed with the restaurant experience.

• Stayed December 2012
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Dan,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service and room during your stay and the design of the hotel; however I am sorry to read that your expectations of dining at CUT at 45 Park Lane were not met. All feedback we receive is of great value to us and I will share your comments on your experience with the team here.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, Regional Director –UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Situated ideally on Park Lane next to The Dorchester,  the '45 Park Lane' offers great views of Hyde Park & Mayfair from all its rooms and suites.

The service received by all departments was courteous, friendly and most importantly to the highest possible standards anyone would expect to receive and pampered in a great and exclusive hotel.

The culinary standards were exceptional  including the immaculate 'Park Lane breakfast' and the grills at the 'CUT' restaurant, Wolfgang Puck's debut restaurant in London.

Rooms were comfortable and very beautifully designed providing the latest technology including an i-pad, Bang & Olufsen tv sets, bed-side touch screens controlling lights, window blinds & air condition and not to forget the mirror tv in the bathroom.

As read somewhere, this is a hotel for tomorrow and I couldn't agree more. The Dorchester Collection should be really pleased and very proud of their latest addition. I suppose it is a matter of time to see the word 'The' with capital 'T' being added in front of the hotel's present name making it 'The 45 Park Lane'.
A superb hotel highly recommended to anyone readind this.

• Stayed December 2012
45ParkLane, Interim Hotel Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear czorpas,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind and detailed feedback of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how much you appreciated the contemporary elements of the hotel, as well as the food in CUT at 45 Park Lane. It will be a pleasure to share your thoughts with the team and thank you for the suggestion about using ‘the word ‘The’ with a capital ‘T’. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Kind regards,
Knut Wylde, Interim Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had the room 4537 ,nice and small , nice bathroom !
however except the reception , people is not very nice , service in room is extremely slow , to the point that the breakfeast was so long that I went downstair to take it ;
Don't want to talk about the restaurant , I didn't have a reservation , I asked for but the woman was so rude that I didn't went ,you can avoid to go there , it's so many nice restaurant in London with nice people that going to treat well , or at least to be polite !
I will not go back in this hotel , the price is not justify .
for the same price you can go the Dorchester , it's 30 sec walk .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
45ParkLane, Regional Director UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear tien9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations. All feedback we receive is of great value to us and I would very much like to discuss this with you further so we can address your concerns. Please can I kindly ask that you contact me directly at the hotel?

Kind regards,

Roland Fasel, Regional Director –UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It is fabulous! We only had a standard room and i have to say its as good as most other hotels super deluxe rooms. The hotel was the former playboy club and has been refurbished to a fusion of art deco and contemporary style.
This hotel only has 45 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and foyer. So it almost has a boutique feel.
The strength of this property though is the staff. We were greeted at the door by name and then at reception. Our host Ivana was a delight showing us to our room and informing us of how all the gadgets work. She arranged for our lunch and confirmed our dinner reservation. Ivana knew it was my birthday the next day and arrived in the evening with a plate of goodies with happy birthday dusted in chocolate on the plate. I had a similar thing at breakfast that day with a candle.
The restaurant staff led by tariq were excellent also.
I felt that everyone from the doorman upwards tried to make our stay perfect, and they did!
This hotel belongs to the same group as the Dorchester, and as its across the little road its easy to use all of that hotels facilities if you need to. So if you are coming to london do not hesitate to stay here. Its located next to all the top hotels on park lane so location is also perfect. Absolutely first class.

Room Tip: I only had a standard room but i could see hyde park. We had a settee and a desk. The desk was fab b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear pattentattorney,
Many thanks for your kind review on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and I am delighted to see how much you liked the dining experience at CUT and the service and facilities. I will share your kind comments with Ivana, Tariq and the rest of the team here and I hope to welcome you back here again soon.

Been to 45 Park Lane? Share your experiences!