This place is really very good. The product itself is modern and cutting edge. The rooms contain all the equipment you could possibly need and there is a general feeling of opulence when staying here. The host concept sounds good on paper but is flawed in places. For example I failed to receive a pre arrival phone call and only met/spoke to my host once. That being said, staff including the door men were most welcoming and made me feel at ease. They bent over backwards to accommodate my needs, including late check out, champagne delivered to my room at an exact time etc.
The restaurant was a let down. Service was initially attentive but after the main courses I was left with my dessert menu for around 30 minutes, water glasses empty and wine glasses empty. It was left to myself to attempt to make eye contact with staff. This is dissapointing when the meal was a couple of hundred pounds for two courses and a bottle of wine.
Overall I was very impressed with the hotel but dissapointed with the restaurant. It does feel very special to stay here and I felt like it was a home away from home, I just left feeling rather short changed with the restaurant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorchester Collection’s latest hotel 45 Park Lane in exclusive Mayfair, London opened in September 2011 with Wolfgang Puck’s first venture in Europe, CUT at 45 Park Lane. Throughout the hotel, luxurious and contemporary interiors by New York based designer, Thierry Despont, provide a club-like feel. The chic hotel will offers London’s in-crowd and the most seasoned of jetsetters a smart but discreet hotel from which to enjoy London. Each of the spacious 45 rooms and suites offer views of Hyde Park, as does a spectacular Penthouse Suite featuring a spacious balcony with panoramic views over Hyde Park and Mayfair. A striking central staircase leads to the first floor featuring Bar 45, a library and a private media room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 45 Park Lane Hotel London
- 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection London, England