“An excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added 45 Park Lane to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Booking.com
45 Park Lane
45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #38 of 1,071 hotels in London
Derby, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is really very good. The product itself is modern and cutting edge. The rooms contain all the equipment you could possibly need and there is a general feeling of opulence when staying here. The host concept sounds good on paper but is flawed in places. For example I failed to receive a pre arrival phone call and only met/spoke to my host once. That being said, staff including the door men were most welcoming and made me feel at ease. They bent over backwards to accommodate my needs, including late check out, champagne delivered to my room at an exact time etc.

The restaurant was a let down. Service was initially attentive but after the main courses I was left with my dessert menu for around 30 minutes, water glasses empty and wine glasses empty. It was left to myself to attempt to make eye contact with staff. This is dissapointing when the meal was a couple of hundred pounds for two courses and a bottle of wine.

Overall I was very impressed with the hotel but dissapointed with the restaurant. It does feel very special to stay here and I felt like it was a home away from home, I just left feeling rather short changed with the restaurant experience.

• Stayed December 2012
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Dan,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service and room during your stay and the design of the hotel; however I am sorry to read that your expectations of dining at CUT at 45 Park Lane were not met. All feedback we receive is of great value to us and I will share your comments on your experience with the team here.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, Regional Director –UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Situated ideally on Park Lane next to The Dorchester,  the '45 Park Lane' offers great views of Hyde Park & Mayfair from all its rooms and suites.

The service received by all departments was courteous, friendly and most importantly to the highest possible standards anyone would expect to receive and pampered in a great and exclusive hotel.

The culinary standards were exceptional  including the immaculate 'Park Lane breakfast' and the grills at the 'CUT' restaurant, Wolfgang Puck's debut restaurant in London.

Rooms were comfortable and very beautifully designed providing the latest technology including an i-pad, Bang & Olufsen tv sets, bed-side touch screens controlling lights, window blinds & air condition and not to forget the mirror tv in the bathroom.

As read somewhere, this is a hotel for tomorrow and I couldn't agree more. The Dorchester Collection should be really pleased and very proud of their latest addition. I suppose it is a matter of time to see the word 'The' with capital 'T' being added in front of the hotel's present name making it 'The 45 Park Lane'.
A superb hotel highly recommended to anyone readind this.

• Stayed December 2012
45ParkLane, Interim Hotel Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear czorpas,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind and detailed feedback of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how much you appreciated the contemporary elements of the hotel, as well as the food in CUT at 45 Park Lane. It will be a pleasure to share your thoughts with the team and thank you for the suggestion about using ‘the word ‘The’ with a capital ‘T’. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Kind regards,
Knut Wylde, Interim Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had the room 4537 ,nice and small , nice bathroom !
however except the reception , people is not very nice , service in room is extremely slow , to the point that the breakfeast was so long that I went downstair to take it ;
Don't want to talk about the restaurant , I didn't have a reservation , I asked for but the woman was so rude that I didn't went ,you can avoid to go there , it's so many nice restaurant in London with nice people that going to treat well , or at least to be polite !
I will not go back in this hotel , the price is not justify .
for the same price you can go the Dorchester , it's 30 sec walk .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
45ParkLane, Regional Director UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear tien9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations. All feedback we receive is of great value to us and I would very much like to discuss this with you further so we can address your concerns. Please can I kindly ask that you contact me directly at the hotel?

Kind regards,

Roland Fasel, Regional Director –UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It is fabulous! We only had a standard room and i have to say its as good as most other hotels super deluxe rooms. The hotel was the former playboy club and has been refurbished to a fusion of art deco and contemporary style.
This hotel only has 45 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and foyer. So it almost has a boutique feel.
The strength of this property though is the staff. We were greeted at the door by name and then at reception. Our host Ivana was a delight showing us to our room and informing us of how all the gadgets work. She arranged for our lunch and confirmed our dinner reservation. Ivana knew it was my birthday the next day and arrived in the evening with a plate of goodies with happy birthday dusted in chocolate on the plate. I had a similar thing at breakfast that day with a candle.
The restaurant staff led by tariq were excellent also.
I felt that everyone from the doorman upwards tried to make our stay perfect, and they did!
This hotel belongs to the same group as the Dorchester, and as its across the little road its easy to use all of that hotels facilities if you need to. So if you are coming to london do not hesitate to stay here. Its located next to all the top hotels on park lane so location is also perfect. Absolutely first class.

Room Tip: I only had a standard room but i could see hyde park. We had a settee and a desk. The desk was fab b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear pattentattorney,
Many thanks for your kind review on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and I am delighted to see how much you liked the dining experience at CUT and the service and facilities. I will share your kind comments with Ivana, Tariq and the rest of the team here and I hope to welcome you back here again soon.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

we spent 5 days and 4 nights in 45 park lane last week. business + pleasure. the hotel is great fun. although it is brand new, which means you have almost every gadget possible in the room, its decor is warm and inviting. what is more inviting is the team, who go out of their way to please you and to provide every request 24/7.
add to this a great location, which facilitates an early jog in the park and a "green" view from your room and from the breakfast table, and the cut restaurant, which serves great steaks, and you receive a great complete package.
will definitely return.
zk

Room Tip: facing away from park lane
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear tsachi,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how much you appreciated the central London location next to Hyde Park as well as the food in CUT at 45 Park Lane and the rooms and facilities. It will be a pleasure to share this with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

So my wife and I had an overnight layover in London and I decided since she'd never been to London, might as well splurge, especially since it was the last night of our honeymoon.

So upon arrival, we were pleasantly greeted and escorted to our King room. Well so we thought...they upgraded us to a Park Suite! Wow is all I can say...I don't know what type of person stays in rooms like this on a regular basis (2800 sterling) but I could get used to this! Huge room with two B&O TV's and all the works. We were given a dessert with congrats on it and a bottle of Champagne. Only problem was as soon as we got there, we needed to get dressed ASAP and get over to Alain Duccesse for dinner and the Dorchester next door. On a side note, amazing meal, don't get the filet mignon though...

We got bak to our room around midnight and enjoyed it for the next few hours with a great room service for breakfast on our dinning room table. Loved 45 Park!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For 700 pounds a night u expect spectacular what u get is average .Average room ,average cleanliness and average service. A bit of a rippoff . First and last time,The best thiNg is location otherwise not worth it.

Room Tip: Choose a better cheaper hotel than this on
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear name1112,
Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am sorry to read that your visit did not live up to your expectations and I would very much like to discuss this with you further. Please can I kindly ask you to contact me at the hotel directly?

Been to 45 Park Lane? Share your experiences!