“Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection

You added 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection to your Saves list
45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #49 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It is fabulous! We only had a standard room and i have to say its as good as most other hotels super deluxe rooms. The hotel was the former playboy club and has been refurbished to a fusion of art deco and contemporary style.
This hotel only has 45 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and foyer. So it almost has a boutique feel.
The strength of this property though is the staff. We were greeted at the door by name and then at reception. Our host Ivana was a delight showing us to our room and informing us of how all the gadgets work. She arranged for our lunch and confirmed our dinner reservation. Ivana knew it was my birthday the next day and arrived in the evening with a plate of goodies with happy birthday dusted in chocolate on the plate. I had a similar thing at breakfast that day with a candle.
The restaurant staff led by tariq were excellent also.
I felt that everyone from the doorman upwards tried to make our stay perfect, and they did!
This hotel belongs to the same group as the Dorchester, and as its across the little road its easy to use all of that hotels facilities if you need to. So if you are coming to london do not hesitate to stay here. Its located next to all the top hotels on park lane so location is also perfect. Absolutely first class.

Room Tip: I only had a standard room but i could see hyde park. We had a settee and a desk. The desk was fab b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear pattentattorney,
Many thanks for your kind review on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and I am delighted to see how much you liked the dining experience at CUT and the service and facilities. I will share your kind comments with Ivana, Tariq and the rest of the team here and I hope to welcome you back here again soon.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, Regional Director –UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

we spent 5 days and 4 nights in 45 park lane last week. business + pleasure. the hotel is great fun. although it is brand new, which means you have almost every gadget possible in the room, its decor is warm and inviting. what is more inviting is the team, who go out of their way to please you and to provide every request 24/7.
add to this a great location, which facilitates an early jog in the park and a "green" view from your room and from the breakfast table, and the cut restaurant, which serves great steaks, and you receive a great complete package.
will definitely return.
zk

Room Tip: facing away from park lane
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear tsachi,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how much you appreciated the central London location next to Hyde Park as well as the food in CUT at 45 Park Lane and the rooms and facilities. It will be a pleasure to share this with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

So my wife and I had an overnight layover in London and I decided since she'd never been to London, might as well splurge, especially since it was the last night of our honeymoon.

So upon arrival, we were pleasantly greeted and escorted to our King room. Well so we thought...they upgraded us to a Park Suite! Wow is all I can say...I don't know what type of person stays in rooms like this on a regular basis (2800 sterling) but I could get used to this! Huge room with two B&O TV's and all the works. We were given a dessert with congrats on it and a bottle of Champagne. Only problem was as soon as we got there, we needed to get dressed ASAP and get over to Alain Duccesse for dinner and the Dorchester next door. On a side note, amazing meal, don't get the filet mignon though...

We got bak to our room around midnight and enjoyed it for the next few hours with a great room service for breakfast on our dinning room table. Loved 45 Park!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For 700 pounds a night u expect spectacular what u get is average .Average room ,average cleanliness and average service. A bit of a rippoff . First and last time,The best thiNg is location otherwise not worth it.

Room Tip: Choose a better cheaper hotel than this on
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear name1112,
Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am sorry to read that your visit did not live up to your expectations and I would very much like to discuss this with you further. Please can I kindly ask you to contact me at the hotel directly?
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed two nights with my husband. Booked two months ago and requested their "standard" room and got a good price at time of booking. Arrived early (10 am) so had breakfast in hotel which was extremely good. The receptionist was very helpful and advised that we had been upgraded to a deluxe room. I am heavily pregnant and the man on the front desk made sure we had the room early so I was comfortable.

The hotel itself is only a year old and is part of the Dorchester Group. Everything about the hotel was fantastic and well thought out. So many gadgets in the room and we had our own "host" in case we needed anything.

Wonderful restaurant and bar and in a great London location. This is possibly the best hotel in town for us and we have stayed in most. Cannot be faulted and highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear joanne d,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review of your recent two night stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read that we were able to offer you an upgrade and how much you both enjoyed dining in CUT and at Bar 45. I will share your kind review with the team here and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, Regional Director – UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection
Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is truly superb. Everything but everything we thought was just wonderful. Great room. Wonderful staff. The breakfast was all good. Well served and beautifully presented.

The reception boys and girls were marvelous. They made us so very very welcome.

The boys on the door were friendly and professional. I don't like hotel staff to be too subservient, grovelling and appear to be sarcastic, they all had it just right. They knew my name every time - never called me "Sir". Much nicer. I had to load my luggage in my car and the boys were so professional and as good as gold.
I did not need a gym or a concierge so I have nothing to complain about.

I forgot to tell them - when the T.V. is on for 10 minutes or so - the volume goes so crackly - you have to turn it off.

I have already told my friends: "You have to stay there!" Next time we have to be in West End - it will be 45 Park Lane.

Room Tip: The rooms opposite the elevator have trees in front of them. As for a room further over to the righ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
45ParkLane, Regional Director - UK at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear TheFlyingFrock,
Many thanks for leaving such a kind review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane; it is a pleasure to read just how much you enjoyed the experience from the rooms, food and especially the service. I will share this with the team here and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your friends here on your next visit.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I tried the 45 Park Lane after trying many hotels while the Four Seasons was closed for renovation and will now make this my preferred hotel in London. I travel extensively and am very loyal to Four Seasons. I am particularly picky about bathrooms, always demanding space, cleanliness and, very importantly, a separate enclosed shower - the 45 Park Lane fulfills all.
The staff was very attentive also. I look forward to my next stay, this time with my wife, and we will try CUT.

Room Tip: I stayed at an Executive King on the 7th floor which was great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!