“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 45 Park Lane

Save Saved
You added 45 Park Lane to your Saves list
45 Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Park Lane | Mayfair, London W1K 1PN, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Escape from £475
Ranked #44 of 1,075 hotels in London
Geneva
“Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stylish new hotel, ideally located for business (and shopping). Very friendly staff, nice rooms, good food. Nothing to add, I'll come again. Possibility to organize business meetings in a cosy private room near the bar (with a wide screen TV for presentations).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I am delighted to note you enjoyed your stay with us at 45 Park Lane and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane again soon.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My wife and I normally stay at The Dorchester and love it.

We tried 45 Park Lane over the weekend of the 10th & 11th December and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We'll go back to The Dorchester in future because we like the chintz and feel of the larger hotel but would stay at 45 Park Lane again if The Dorchester was full.

The rooms are large and modern and very very comfortable, I wouldn't fault them at all. The bar is a little small with limited seating but the staff make the most of what they have and are very professional and friendly.

As I said, we would go back to The Dorchester only as a matter of personal preference and we recommend 45 to anybody who likes a more modern and smaller hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
I was absolutely delighted to learn that your visit to 45 Park Lane was so memorable and it gives me great pleasure to share this feedback with the team.
On behalf of us all at 45 Park Lane and The Dorchester, I very much look forward to welcoming you back.
With kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

A one night stay for dinner at the Cut, see separate review, to celebrate my lovely wife's birthday, we wish we had booked to stay longer.
The staff were all great, courteous, helpful and always available.
The rooms were superb. Great decor, great space, erything was quality of a very high standard. We took a room on the 3rd floor, if you can go higher do so as the views are great.
For a small boutique they have done a great job with the space and decor. Pre-dinner drinks in Bar 45 were good and after dinner the place was buzzy and comfortable.
The breakfast was superb. Having travelled extensively and had many hotel breakfasts, this was way above anything that we have had before. Knocks spots off its near neighbours such as Claridges and the Savoy. Worth going back just for that experience alone.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go above 5 for a view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
I’m very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at 45 Park Lane – a great way to celebrate your wife’s birthday! Breakfast at CUT features Wolfgang Puck’s twist on American classics; I’m happy to hear that this was to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane in the future.

Kind Regards,
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Really very impressed by this hotel. The staff were very helpful, and couldn’t do enough to please us. The room was very comfortable and high tech. Almost everything was controlled via a telephone or touch screen and the large TV was of very good quality, and the room had been somewhat future proofed with usb and various sockets located under the TV and on the desk.
The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was amazing, a huge bath, double sinks and wet room.

I would stay again tomorrow.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor for better views as there are trees in the way of the views over Hyde Park
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay at 45 Park Lane, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have been hard at work getting the technology up and running and I’m happy to hear that you found the experience to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I had taken a brief to London, while assisting an executive friend whom I have known for many years. He had suggested that we try 45 Park Lane. His tastes are modern, while mine tend to be more on the traditional side. However, we were both quite interested in seeing the design work of the noteworthy Mr. Thierry Despont.

Taking residence the very first week of the hotel's opening, it was a foregone conclusion that there would be glitches to be worked out. Having operated "hospitality" establishments in New York City, I was prepared to go with the flow. So delighted to have done so!

The Hotel's driver picked us up from the airport. Once arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by our "point person." No need to check in at a reception desk in the traditional way. (a much appreciated avoidance since departing New York City- landing in London- dealing with an endless customs line of which I had never experienced before) Our point person simply led us into our rooms, and gave us a brief tutorial about how our rooms function, the amenities, and so on. He also gathered the electrical converters that I needed and requested.

Comfortable, top quality, well managed, and with intelligently appointed rooms!
Firstly... Everything is electronic and controlled via the telephone. But this is done so in a way that even I can understand! Very plain and simple.

Anyone who has spent time in various London hotels knows how bathrooms in most four and five star establishments are often long, narrow, dim and always in need of a refreshing. It is my opinion that Mr. Despont really has done an especially remarkable job with regard. The materials he chose were brilliant! The way the lighting was designed was to absolute perfection! The bathtub, just glorious! Ladies... the illumination that glows behind the bathtub where you may perch, set your products, or take your tea (as I did) was so beautiful. I am not a "shower" person, but when I did skip in for a bit it was unlike ANY experience ever had! I know this must sound rather funny... but in all seriousness, the fixtures selected were "tuned" both to visual and physical perfection.

The rooms themselves are "tonal" in hue. Sometimes when done in similar palates, it can seem drab or lacking in style. Not the case at 45 Park Lane! The color scheme did not cater to the masculine nor feminine in any one way considered particular. A dead- on symbiotic melding of the two.
There were two over-sized floor lamps that when usually done to this scale give off that "whimsical" look that is so done to death. Predictable, trite, and boring. However at 45 Park Lane- this is NOT the case. Everything that my eye took in was expertly and correctly considered.

Over my sprawling bed hung a lovely B&W print of the English actress, Miss Vivien Leigh, in gown. Who does not like to look at beautiful women? It was not imposing. Just another touch that was unexpected. Done with understated taste and excellent by way of decor.

The look and function of the desk was absolutely brilliant! When the center is lifted, it transforms from a desk to a lighted mirror vanity table! Within the desk when opened is a strip to plug in anything a lady (or gentleman) may need. Also- an ample sized, velvet lined- storage space for my travel sized "Joy", vintage compact, and other finery! You see, the perfect combination of the masculine, and the feminine living in exquisite balance.

Now, yes... there were glitches. But none that I would like to mention. Certainly these things are to be expected on a hotels opening week. Plus, the manager (she was so hospitable and apologetic about the situations encountered) was so gracious and seemed quite sincere. She had other engineers from the Dorchester arriving to aid in a snap!

The view of Hyde Park was perfect from out the window. I desired to go riding along with some others spotted trotting about but was too exhausted. The "point person would have been happy to make arrangements, but this shall be saved for the next time!

I wish I had taken pictures, but I'm really not the type. Perhaps next visit I shall because their website does NOT do the hotel, 45 Park Lane, due justice! Promise! If you like dwelling within the ultra new, mixed with a very clever touch of classic flair, than this is certainly the very best choice while in London! I shall be back. Enjoy!

Room Tip: You will want for nothing!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
I’m thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed 45 Park Lane, Thierry Despont certainly did a wonderful job with the design, down to every last detail. Thank you for taking the time to share your thorough review. It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane in the future.
Portola Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is the very contemporary high tech sister to the Dorchester and it's located so close that, when I needed to use a business center to print boarding passes (which they didn't have at 45!) I was able to easily walk across the street and do it at the Dorch. If you like contemporary (I do!), rooms are gorgeous and views of the Park are spectacular. Staff is excellent and do everything possible to accommodate (and there were some pressures due to issues with their technology, but more on that below). Breakfast in the restaurant was really fine, top quality.

We were booked in a Hyde Park Suite which went for 3100 GBP a night, breakfast not included. Our first suite was on the 8th floor, had a balcony and was visually spectacular, but nothing worked. The issue here is that every basic function like lights, heating and even calling down for help are all tied into the network that the phones are on. That network went down and when it goes down, you can't raise or lower the temperature and you can't turn a light on or off. They moved us (after midnight, we'd gotten back from the opera and couldn't turn off lights to go to sleep) to another lower floor suite. That one still had climate issues, but we were able to control the lights and get good sleep. On that one, though, the TV in the bedroom never worked and I'm not a dummy about technology.

They comped us the first night, but even so, to spent over 3000 GPB (our bill came to over 4000 GPB with some modest laundry and breakfast, but with Mercedes limo service from Gatwick and then to Heathrow) and, nice as it is, for a room that you couldn't control the heat and watch TV in the bedroom, I'm still feeling stiffed.

That all said, I'd consider coming back when they get their network issues straightened out because the location, design and food are top notch. But then, I might also go back to the Berkeley, pay less than half for a gorgeous big suite which has everything working and also has a pool and a decent gym.

Room Tip: Lots of roadwork going on Park Lane, so higher is better.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
I’m delighted that you like the contemporary design of 45 Park Lane; Thierry Despont designed the interiors to give the hotel a modern, yet intimate feel. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not go as smoothly as expected. I can assure you that we are working tirelessly to get our teething issues sorted. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards,
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Dont get me wrong- 45 Park Lane is a beautiful, glitzy new property owned by the Dorchester. I've frequented the hotel a few times now, for drinks or appetizers. Wolfgang Pucks restaurant CUT is there, and I hear the Londoners love it-
But the few times I've gone in, Ive either received major attitude by the minions who work there and also, the door guards. Why I'm getting attitude from the door minions, Im not sure, but not a great sign to me of a great hotel-
I also walked in around 11a one morning to see if I could grab a quick bite, but was informed that the hotel served NO FOOD until 12p lunch? I thought that was strange-also, the food &
beverage manager thought he was too important to answer my question about whether any food was being served!? I don't think this is an inappropriate question for the food & beverage manager-
We will see if I decide to stay in the hotel, but so far, disappointed with my experience!
Just makes me wonder how I will be treated as a hotel guest, when it seems the hotel caters to those they feel are more important-

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
45ParkLane, Manager at 45 Park Lane, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I’m happy to hear that you have visited 45 Park Lane during our first month, but concerned to hear your comments regarding my team. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we strive to provide at 45 Park Lane, and would very much like to speak to you further - please contact me directly at your convenience.
With best wishes, Marie-Laure Akdag, Hotel Manager

Been to 45 Park Lane? Share your experiences!