“Classy and the staff are well trained which I enjoyed most...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corinthia Hotel London

Save Saved
You added Corinthia Hotel London to your Saves list
Corinthia Hotel London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2BD, England (Westminster / Belgravia)   |
Special Offer
3rd Night Free
Ranked #8 of 1,073 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Classy and the staff are well trained which I enjoyed most...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have been to many hotels in London from The ritz,Dorchester,Savoy,etc,..but tell you honestly,what I really enjoyed here was the professional and treatment of the staff.i never feel neglected or neither unwanted not bec.im Asian but I feel the sincerity of their service and this is the most important thing that a customer should look for,,over all from the 3 main course food and drinks superb and totally generous amount serving..this hotel deserve highly recommended to everyone and for sure will coming back soon....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your dining experience in Corinthia Hotel London. We are delighted by your passionate feedback, and can sense that you and your friends enjoyed a very special evening. We very much appreciate your kind compliments and recommendations, and look forward to welcoming you on many more occasions to come.

1,126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

.......but I will try my best to explain.

Corinthia London has been on our 'list of hotels' to stay in for a couple of years now. We had regularly visited the Northall restaurant for Sunday lunch, and had vowed to make a weekend of it one day. With an Anniversary and and my husband's birthday within the same week it was the perfect opportunity.

The way we were treated upon first stepping foot into the hotel was seamless and perfect. The brisk yet gentle approach of the porter to whisk our bag away before we'd even approached the check in desk was excellent, and it was delivered to our room moments after we entered it.

We were very, very grateful for the kind upgrade to an Executive Room. We were personally escorted by the same lady that had checked us in, and given a brief rundown of the rooms facilities. It was beautiful, perfect and with superb attention to detail. The bathroom is out of this world and the wonderful bath with built in television was well used. The rainfall shower was fantastic and the ESPA toiletries a luxurious addition.

The room was a very good size, with a separate lobby and walk in wardrobe. The decor was 100% our taste, and the bed really was like a dream to sleep in.

We visited the spa for an hour in the afternoon and very much enjoyed using the facilities. We had debating between visiting St Paul's Cathedral or going to the spa - this was a silly thing to even debate; the spa was superb - next time I'll be booking a treatment too.

Sunday Jazz Brunch in the Northall was a treat as always. The staff were very accommodating of some of the tweaks I requested to my dishes and the Sommelier was great. Our only regret was not visiting the Bassoon Bar and next time we'd have a post-theatre dinner in Massimo - in other words we'd plan to spend as much time in the hotel as possible despite what London has to offer!

I can't say much more, other than to agree with all of the other glowing reviews - Corinthia really is 'all that', and more. I was concerned that I'd be expecting too much due to the excitement that had built up in the days leading to our special (child-free) stay, but expectations were not only met, they were blown out of the water.

There is this constant, serene, elegance that flows around you when you are in the hotel and I am pining to go back to experience it all over again. We are already planning our next trip in January, see you again soon Corinthia, and thank you for a most memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and charming review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. It certainly sounds like you and your husband had a very special anniversary and birthday weekend, enjoying many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer. All of the staff at Corinthia London pride themselves of our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training, and strive to go the extra mile to exceed every guest's expectations, we are delighted that we were able to achieve this, and to offer you an upgrade as well.

All of our beautifully appointed room come with a host of complimentary amenities, and huge marble underfloor heated bathrooms with separate rain showers, and baths with built in LCD-TVs as standard. The beds are made especially for us by Hypnos, and dressed with Pratesi linens for the best night's sleep. We are very pleased you chose to experience the award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa, St Paul's Cathedral is stunning, but our spa is a little piece of heaven in London. The Jazz Brunch in The Northall, with the free-flowing Laurent-Perrier Champagne option is a great way to celebrate an occasion, with different live bands each week, it's also great fun too.

We very much appreciate your kind compliments, and feel honoured that you chose to celebrate your special dates with us, we are delighted it was a most memorable weekend, and look forward to creating many more happy memories for you on your next stay in January.

New England, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Expectations were high when we checked in using the Fine Hotels and Resorts program from American Express, which promises a free upgrade, when available. I asked the young woman registering us if we had been upgraded and she assured me that we had, but this was not true. The two rooms we received were exactly of the category we had reserved. I was peeved about this and made note that the hotel was far from full. Most of the rooms on our floor did not have newspapers or do not disturb signs, and the elevators and lounges were not heavily occupied--all a clear indication that there were likely better rooms available. I haven't yet sent my feedback to Amex, but they should know that the Corinthia misrepresented the rooms as an upgrade.

The rooms were beautifully designed and furnished, very luxurious and well thought out. However, the bathrobe provided surprisingly had several tears in the lapel. I draped it over the chair to expose the problem, and the next day the housekeeper had put it right back on the hook in the bathroom. Sloppy!

We had a good late dinner at Massimo's-- a beautiful room, but the service was sorely lacking. Our wine and water glasses were not refilled without repeated requests, and the food took a very long time to appear. Yes, it was late, but the prices do not go down as the evening wears on, and neither should the service.

Even worse was the breakfast the following morning, when we were herded into a waiting area, and after a half hour had been jammed into a tiny table next to a sea of dirty dishes and not served a thing. The manager apologized and said she had been brought in to rectify the service, which was clearly a problem. The table was reset, and we finally ate, but the experience left us convinced that our breakfast the following day would be via room service.

Finally, I inadvertently left behind a pair of shoes and have had repeated correspondence with the housekeeping department at the hotel trying to get them sent back to me. Apparently, they require an authorization to use my credit card to ship them to me, with no estimate of the cost or limit on the price they will charge.

The hotel is beautiful, the staff was friendly, and the night engineer was kind enough to deliver some batteries to my room for a luggage scale I had purchased. I travel to London often, and usually stay at smaller boutique hotels where the attention to detail is better. The Corinthia is very beautiful, but there is definitely room for improvement.

If management reads this review, please let me know how I can reclaim my shoes without spending more than they are worth!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. I very much appreciate your honest feedback, and I am deeply disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations. Your review has been forwarded to the Executive Management team, and I would like to invite you to contact the Hotel Manager, Renaud Gregoire at renaud.gregoire@corinthia.com, when he can then have the opportunity to address your concerns personally and restore your faith in Corinthia Hotel London.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights at the Corinthia last weekend. I had been wanting to try the hotel for a while and a business and leisure trip afforded me the opportunity. From the moment of arrival it was a wonderful experience. The hotel itself is understated elegance with considerate but discreet staff, many of whom remembered our names throughout our stay. The suits was beautifully finished with the most amazing shower and bathroom….. thats what I call proper water pressure - as it should be! We enjoyed a relaxing Saturday afternoon in the Espa with gorgeously relaxing treatments. Having stayed in the Savoy earlier in the year I can say the Corinthia wins hands down in every possible way. Amazing, thank you. I look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. What a lovely way to spend the weekend, and getting the best of both worlds combining business and pleasure. The hotel is ideal for both, with dedicated amenities for the business traveller that includes complimentary Wi-Fi with the fastest 1Gb broadband, a business floor, twenty-four hour access to the state-of-the-art gym, and a pre-bookable flexible check-in/check-out policy. The hotel is also perfect for the leisure guest, ESPA Life at Corinthia is London's largest spa and has the most relaxing Thermal Floor, many of London's must-see sights are within walking distance, and there is an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access across the city. We very much appreciate your kind compliments, especially about the discreet team, who pride themselves on exceeding every guest's expectations. We very much look forward to welcoming you and your partner for many more enjoyable weekends to come.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Wow what a hotel. Although rather large which often looses the charm if any hotel this visit was simply amazing. The staff were wonderful from check in to check out. We arrived and visited the spa which is out of this world, much better some of the others in London hotels now. We stayed in a delux junior suite which had everything you needed and a beautiful balcony. We stayed up for drinks in the bassoon bar with some great live music and even better cocktails.
Will be back to this hotel in an instant, a new favourite for our London breaks.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are always most delighted to read great feedback of the welcoming team in the opening lines of a review. The deluxe Junior Suites are very capacious, with walk on wardrobes and huge marble under floor heated bathrooms, with beautiful views from the Juliet balconies in each bedroom. We are very pleased you had the opportunity to experience the fabulous facilities the hotel has to offer, especially the award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa, and then the bespoke cocktails and live music at the signature sessions in Bassoon. We very much appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Corinthia in London for about 7 weeks over March-April 2014 as we were visiting London for business. I had stayed in other Corinthia hotels in Malta and in Prague but I was just taken aback by their flagship hotel in London.

From the impeccably stylish décor, the magnificent lobby which is decorated daily with fresh flowers, the little details in service and the friendly yet courteous staff, we felt very much at ease and it really did feel as a home away from home.

The rooms are bright and airy and the beds are just so comfortable! The spa area which is spread on 4 floors serves as an oasis of tranquility in stark contrast to the hustle and bustle of the city. As great food lovers we were entirely spoilt for choice. A lavish breakfast buffet is served in the Northall Restaurant, I used to stick to a lighter option- eggs benedict which were always prepared to perfection. High tea is served in the lobby under a magnificent chandelier or al fresco in their internal courtyard. We used to have dinner at Massimo's (try the fresh pasta with lobster!). The in-room dining menu is vast and service is truly efficient.

We would like to thank the whole team of management and staff because they really are the heart and soul of the hotel. I cannot not mention in particular the team of butlers, these guys pre-empt your needs so you won't have to ask! This hotel is run by true hospitaliers and that makes all the difference!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. How very special to spend seven weeks in the hotel and have the opportunity to experience all of the excellent facilities Corinthia London has to offer. The hotel was designed by GA Designs, who have cleverly incorporated the best of the original features with modern design to create a hotel fit for the twenty-first century traveller. All of our bedrooms and suites are larger than average for central London hotels, and are light and airy with exterior views to the London skyline and architecture, or interior with charming balconies overlooking the internal Courtyard. The award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia is London's largest spa, with four floors of marble luxury offering seventeen treatment rooms staffed by expert therapists, the Next Generation gym, a relaxing Thermal Floor, and beautifully appointed changing rooms with the unique sleep pods. We are delighted you experienced all of our different food offers, from the extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall with a wide selection of dishes to please every palate, to the destination Afternoon Tea served in The Lobby Lounge under the one thousand and one Baccarat crystal chandelier, to our international restaurants, The Northall serving the best of British fare and Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar for modern Italian cuisine, as well as our in-room dining with a menu from all of our outlets. We are delighted to forward your kind compliments to the Front of House team, especially the Butlers, who do an extraordinary job, going Above and Beyond for all of our guests. We only hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you a very warm Corinthia London welcome on your next visit to the UK.

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is the most gorgeous hotel with the most spectacular room, views. excellent staff. I can't rave enough about the service, the beautiful hotel, the great location! We will recommend this hotel to all of our friends. The food and restaurants in the hotel are excellent. The staff all seem so happy to be here, as were we!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. It has been our pleasure to host you, and your succinct summing up of all the details that makes Corinthia London so special has been forwarded to the management team. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and noted the beautifully designed and appointed hotel with only the finest fixtures and fittings, with superb views of the Thames, London architecture, or our picturesque Courtyard, the ideal location, the exemplary service, and excellent food and restaurants. However we are always most pleased to read great feedback regarding the team, as we pride ourselves on always striving to go the extra mile to please all of our guests. We very much hope that we will have the opportunity of offering you a very warm Corinthia London welcome on your next visit.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Been to Corinthia Hotel London? Share your experiences!